Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Same thing happened to me this past weekend and the dealer is telling me the same thing. What was your end result? I'm debating handling it myself or getting an attorney
  • I am so over this darn Acadia (2007). It has been one headache after another. We bought it in June 2010 and by October it had to have a power steering rack and pinons and power steering pump!!! That lead to issues with the stabilitrak and it was at the dealership twice for that sensor coming on constantly. I think from June 2010 to December 2010 it was at the dealership 4 or 5 times. At that point we had spent more on repairs then car payments!!!
    It leaks when it rains which it seems has been causes the fuses to get wet and somehow kill my battery! Battery compartment has standing water in it due to all of the leaking!! I now refer to our acadia as a boat, since most people translate boat to mean Break Out Another Thousand!
    Oh and I can't stand that when it is dead you cant get your key back! Called gmc about that and they said it was a safety feature. Really? Cause now when I have to leave it home like that, it is sitting in the driveway unlocked (since they are power) and with the keys in it. So if someone wants to all they have to do is jump it and wa la. Of course that might be a good thing!
    I've had the rear windshield on during rain and when it stopped and I cut it off it continued to run!!!
    The right rear tire has a slow leak. Not sure what from yet, I haven't taken it to get looked at yet, but the stupid car tells me that the right front tire is low!!!!
    I am sure there are a few other small things I could list but they are nothing compared to everything else!
    I am so fed up with this thing that I told my husband I was going to write "Dont buy me" on the sides and rear of vehicle!
    :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • I have a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 and when it rains the check engine light comes on and does not go off. It drains the battery and you can't even start the engine or turn on the car. I am in the military and stationed in Germany. I have taken to a German Chevy dealer twice now and it still does the same thing. I had to wait 2 months for parts to be ordered (not sure why so long). The first time they re-programmed the computer and it worked fine for a week until it rained and the check engine light came on again. The second time they replaced the air mass sensor and 2 other parts. So I have a 4000lbs vehicle that is holding down cobbelstone...

Need some help...thoughts....
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    hmarie7,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • 2007 Acadia has been in and out of the dealership for repairs since the second month I drove it. Well flash forward, since February of this year it has left me stranded on the road 9 times. It has been at the dealership since Saturday and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong with. While on the road the car loses power, motor has no power, transmission gears do not shift and the engine light never fails to come on.

1. Transmission repaired twice
    2. Motor repaired twice
    3. Stability track 3 times
    4. Shift throttle replaced
    5. Wiring repaired
    6. Motor boot repaired twice
    7. Among other things repaired

The dealership mechanic told me yesterday that the car goes into safe mode when there is a problem it is just alerting me that I need to get of the road. Safe mode my a%*! Well at least GMC district manager is involved now. I will never buy another GMC. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • concernedoneconcernedone Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I am real surprized that the lemon law has not kicked in for you. My wife and her sister bought 2 new 08 acadias 1st problem brand new antenas broke off on both cars in different car washes. my sister in law had her transmission rebuild, sunroofs leak. my wifes car has a tranny problem kick it into go to get on the freeway or pass and it slows down, no power and then when it decides to go then it goes. Of course the dealership said they couldn't reproduce it. Newest problem, headlights my sisterin law 5 headlights replaced so far she has over 50,000 miles to replace is 175.00 to 200.00 they have to take apart the front end to get to the bulb. My wife just hit 50,000 and just had her 1st headlight go out. My wifes car just had the complete power steering system replaced luckily I had complained before her warranty was up. gmc corp. gave my sister in law a year of oil changes wow. Thier concern was that she did not go to a dealership every time a light went out. In the 1st place why would anyone have to take a car into anywhere to change a headlight bulb. 2nd dealer charges top dollar for any repair so she saved 75.00. I had a very long talk with gmc corp. They have a fleet of 50 toyota tacoma trucks and the gals themselfs had toyota highlanders
    ihatemyacadia,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • At 30k miles my 2007 Acadia was in the shop for 33 days while the dealer waited for the parts to make the repair. Valves damaged and the cylinder head had to be replaced along with a multitude of other parts. Fast forward to this week (86k miles) and my Stabilitrak and Engine light kept coming on and I had to have it flat beaded to the dealer after the transmission locked up on the highway. The dealer has been great but its going on 5 days and they still can't figure out what the problem is. This is like the first time all over again. I love the layout and everything about my Acadia but the reliability stinks. I have 14k to go before it's out of warranty. I will be dumping it as soon as I can! I'm sure this will be another engine rebuild. Anytime the dealer can't pinpoint an issue it usually means its deep within the engine block!! :sick:
    ttully255,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your Acadia. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number?

Thank you,
  • Hi Caron,

No I have not opened a new case with GM. I figured I would wait to see if the dealer could pinpoint the problem which still has not happened yet. If you think I should contact them I will. Let me know what the contact information is and I will contact them.

Thanks.
    ttully255,

Has the dealership involved Technical Assistance? The contact information for customer assistance is 800-462-8782. Hours: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday.

Thank you,
  • Well, here I go again. Got the double whammy this time. Sunroof leaked again this weekend. This time on the passenger side and it soaked the carpet. Then two days later, I have coolant leaking from somewhere around the radiator on the passenger side. Just turned 40K miles tonight. Previous repairs have been new power steering pump, new rack and pinion and a new cylinder head. All have been covered by warranty and I did purchase an extended warranty, but something tells me I'm going to get the shaft on this one. For GMC's sake, I hope not. We will see and I will post a follow up.
  • Yes, the last time I spoke to the Dealer's Service Manager he advised me he was on the phone several times with GM Engineers. I had to walk him through all the things my Acadia was doing just prior to all the error sensors coming on and what the car did immediately after the sensors came on.

Thank you for the information.
  • Probably the water pump. I brought mine in a month ago for a routine oil change and they told me the pump was leaking. Which explained why I had to keep adding coolant but could never seem to find where it was leaking from. Good luck with that, feel your pain! :(
  • chadfromftownchadfromftown Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1; 51,400 Miles on it now. It has been a great vehicle other than when it was at its first 12k miles, whole new steering column and system replaced due to major popping. Not a problem now. At 47,000 miles the water pump busted and lost all coolant which left my newborn baby and I stranded on the side of the highway... Its soooo much fun waiting on a towtruck with a balling 6mo old it overbearing heat. My problem since about 40k, the vehicle is IMPOSSIBLE to turn at low speeds. It's like a complete workout just to turn the grocery wagon into the parking lot. My wife almost hit another car while she was slowly turning into the parking lot one day because it was so hard to turn, her hand slipped. Take it to GM and they tell me "well we can feel it being difficult but our "computer" says that everything is in working order. So here's what we can do, start with a power steering flush and we'll go from there." I went on with the flush which was pointless and cost a fortune. STILL have the problem and they basically say well we don't really know how to fix it now unless you want to pay to replace everything.
    Second problem, at about 2,000 RPM the vehicle vibrates. Every time you start driving and it passes the 2,000rpm mark, it sends a big buzz through to every passenger. Its embarrassing almost to have a client with me (real estate agent) and the car is sending a shock through to their butt. It makes stuff in the cup holders rattle and its unpleasant. So I point it out at the GM dealership when it was there for my power steering issue. They say "our mechanic WAS able to duplicate the vibration you felt but its nothing major and won't become a mechanical issue in the future." I DON'T CARE, I'm paying you to repair it so repair it. I take it back and they say that they aren't sure where to begin with the issue. So I still have a car the will make your a** go numb from vibrations after a days worth of traffic if I don't end up wrecking it because it feels like it doesn't have any power steering. I am very disappointed with the Acadia and how GM has approached two very clear problems that I have confidently taken the vehicle in with for them to repair. I also own an 08 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ and I love it. Deal with this same service dept. all the time, for the past 5 years and they have really let me down with the Acadia, as the Acadia itself has let me down. And worn out my arms from trying to turn it in town.
  • chadfromftownchadfromftown Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    I can feel your pain. My 08 Acadia at 47,000 miles, busted water pump and lost all coolant from front passenger side. It sounds exactly like your problem and I believe it cost myself about $300... Before towing costs because it overheated and became impossible to drive even 10 feet, leaving my newborn and I stranded in scorching heat. It really is a piece of work...
    chadfromftown,
    I apologize for your in convenience. Have the concerns been addressed and fixed? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Unfortunately, no they have not been fixed. Although the GM service dept. did address them. The answer I got is that the vibration is not a big deal, mechanically and the steering "does seem stiff, so let's try the flush" I tried a PS flush and it did not help. I also informed them of it and I was told that there isn't anything else to do.
    skippywizzer,
    Please let me know what happens at your dealer. Feel free to email me with any question comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I'm currently having the same problem with a used 2007 Acadia purchased in December 2010 from CarMax and of course Carmax, my MaxCare extended warranty and GM are all denying the claim because of my lack of receipts prior to my owning the vehicle...now does that make sense. Really it's just a cope out and all these posts from various Acadia owners with the same issues just prove that this is a serious Acadia defect.