Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    javanness,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Please keep me updated on your progress at the dealer. I look forward to working with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I am so frustrated right now. Mainly at myself for not reading all of these posts BEFORE I bought my car. I have not even had my car a year and they have already replaced the brakes (done at 7100 miles) and now the steering column at 13k miles. I bought the car because I wanted something safer to drive my baby around in. How safe is it when the brakes go bad and now the steering??? I will NEVER recommend anyone buy the Acadia!!! it has been a true disappointment.
  • traci4traci4 Posts: 5
    I purchased a 2008 Acadia brand new and have had so many problems with it. We needed to replace the engine at 34,000 miles and my transmission went at 65,000 miles. Thankfully, they were covered under warranty but a brand new car should not have these problems!!! The front passenger headlight blew at 60,000 miles and that cost $150 to replace!!! We have had the front and back brakes replaced several times also. I was hoping this car would last us many many more miles but I may need to get rid of it when the warranty is up. I just cannot trust it will not have any more issues. I need to say I LOVE the inside and all of the room for my 3 kids. It is just disappointing that it has had engine and transmission problems at such low mileage.
  • jwachsmanjwachsman Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I bought my new 2011 Acadia during the last week of June, and the engine went completely out four weeks ago. I was shocked that the engine would fail in a car with less than 10,000 miles. It's still in the shop, and GMC will not authorize the dealer that sold me the car to put a new engine in it (even though the dealer's head mechanic advocated for a replacement). GMC is making the dealer's service department rebuild my engine. Apparently, GMC's cost analysis determined that they can save a buck by going that route. THIS is service. I have paid $45,000 for a brand new car that now has a "rebuilt" engine. I would advise anyone who has this product to get rid of the Acadia as soon as possible. Obviously, GMC does not stand behind their products.
  • The exact thing happened to me but the engine blew three weeks after I got the Acadia The dealer replaced the burned out engine with a new one. It took only a week. If I would have had to go with a rebuilt engine I would have been pretty upset.

A number of years ago the same thing happened to me with a brand new $80,000 Mercedes. I had the car for two weeks and the oil pump failed. The dealer did a viscosity test on the oil and claimed it was my fault because i didn't change the oil (after two weeks?).

Mercedes wanted me to pay for the entire engine replacement.

To make a long story short, I had a graphic designer draw up a full page newspaper ad for our local paper inviting the public to help me smash the car, in front of the dealership, with a sledge hammer.

I gave Mercedes one week to replace the engine at their cost or I would publish the ad. I sent the ad to the Mercedes corporate headquarters in New Jersey.

At first, Mercedes threatened to sue me if I defaced the Mercedes logo (hood ornament). Some slick Mercedes lawyer thought that would work.

I told them to stuff it. I also reminded them that the event would probably draw international media. Imagine angry people smashing a new $80,000 Mercedes. What a great media event for TV news!

The night of the publishing deadline Mercedes backed down and paid for the new engine plus additional cash for my inconvenience.

If you don't get satisfaction that is due you, I would suggest that you take a play out of my playbook.

And, yes, I would have published and held the event. What good is an engineless car. Plus, I paid cash for it so a bank couldn't have stopped me.

Good luck. Every experience I have had with GM making good on their word has been fantastic. I hope they do you justice. A rebuilt engine in a new car is an insult.
  • Sad to hear for ur Acadia!! Mine is 2011/SLT1 bought and drive out from dealer last Sep 01/2010. Yes, steering wheel was repaired after 4months of driving it. Thanks, to date i've got 15,000 + miles on it and haven't had a bad experience esp engine, brakes & tranny. My mpg 19 to 21. What is the main cause of the engine failure?? Appreciate your post and i will keep on monitoring my acadia for updates. Goodluck to ur new engine.
  • Other than the failed engine and the rear view camera coming dislodged, the car has been great. As i said, the engine was promptly replaced. The cause of the engine failure was somehow a metal burr from manufacturing was left somewhere in the engine and caused its failure.

For some reason I really like my 2010 Acadia purchased in June 2010 -- fully equipped. I want to buy one for everyone in my family.

This site is monitored by GM customer service reps and I would guess that you will be shortly contacted. They'll try to make it good for you. If not, let me know. I know how to write full page newspaper ads inviting people to a new car thrashing with a sledgehammer. I wasn't bluffing. If Mercedes wouldn't have come up to the plate to rectify the wrong, that new car being trashed by angry consumers would have been all over the news.
    anakleon75,
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    jwachsman,
    Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so. Please feel free to email me with your information.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    jwachsman,
    Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so. Please feel free to email me with your information.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    traci4,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? What did you dealer say about the situation? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I had this problem several times. I took it to the dealership multiple times and they couldn't replicate it. I replaced the air filter (I know that sounds stupid) and haven't had the problem since then. The techs never got an error code that they could identify to fix the problem. I don't know if this helps but it might not hurt.
    syberman,
    I know you were going to the dealer to have them take a look at the camera, what's going on with that? I look forward to your update.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    seahawk02,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? What is your VIN? Please feel free to email me directly. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Christina,

No I have not spoken to GM Customer Assistance, only dealt with my dealership so far. Can you give me their number?
    My VIN is 1GKKRPED1BJ139171.
    I am scheduled to take my car in tomorrow and leave it for 2 days while they replace the brake pads for the 3rd time and replace the steering column and hose for the 1st time. It is VERY inconvenient to have to take a BRAND NEW car into the shop and leave it for a few days. I mean, isn't that why we buy new cars??? So they won't have problems and have to be in the shop?

Thanks for contacting me.
    Christy
    seahawk02 (Christy),
    Thank you for your update. I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. You can either call them yourself, or I can set up a case for you. Their number is in your owners’ manual or I can provide you with it via email. If you would like me to set up a case just email me your complete contact information including mailing address, current mileage, involved dealer, and VIN as well. :) I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I am sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to set up a case for you. Please feel free to contact Christina by email with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • Christina@GM Customer Service

How do I contact you with further information re: 2007 Acadia with steering failure??

Thanks
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    Just click on her name. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 2zmax2zmax Posts: 140
    Hi jwachman
    I'm sorry this happened to you, especially that it just happened to me as well!!!
    My wife's 2011 Acadia, with just 10,000 miles just blew the engine today!
    Timing chain broke when she was on the highway doing 65! She lost breaking and steering and barely got to the side of the road without being hit. She had our kids in the car with her! Needless to say, I am extremely upset that this 33K+ brand new car just blown its engine, and put my family in peril and danger! Got it towed to the dealership, they told me it would take up to 2 weeks to fix it. But I don't want it fixed, I want this pile of garbage off my hands. I can't believe the terrible quality that GMC is putting out these days, my 2007 huyndai had zero problems, and I though I was buying a good quality vehicle, when I got the Acadia. Nope, bad mistake. I hope that they at least put a new engine in this junker. If not, I would expect GM to give me my money back and take this piece of junk back to the dumpster, where it belongs!
    Ok enough venting, sorry for the rant, I am so done with GM. I have a 2007 Silverado, with no problems, but that was before the GM union thugs got bailed out by Obama and started making crap for cars. No MORE GM for me or any of my friends or family, I will tell everyone about this and send them to this forum to see how crappy the Acadia really is.
    I was going to get a 2012 Silverado, but after reading all the problems people are having with the 2011 Silverado, I would never buy another one. GM quality went to pot after they got bailed out, no insentive to compete any more.
    I'm going to Toyota or Huyndai, no more GM!
    :mad: