Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Not according to GM they haven't. Still battling with them.
  • Well. That did little to help. They came back with the same "take it or leave" offer of $800 to fix something that is clearly a factory issue. Why do we have to pay $800 for something that was not mentioned in any topic in the service manual. Uggh
  • 13denali13denali Posts: 1
    Bought a 2013 Denali with white diamond paint. Have multiple areas where there are paint defects. GMC reps are of no help, but I guess when it's not there money they don't care. They told the dealer to re-paint the areas, however the paint shop has already told me that the paint is next to impossible to match exactly. Beware when buying a new vehicle from GM.
  • misc23misc23 Posts: 22
    GM should be ashamed of this vehicle. DO NOT BUY A GMC ACADIA!!!
  • 3rdact3rdact Posts: 1
    Less then two weeks ago I purchased a 2012 Acadia SLT with 20,800 miles from Bob Pion GMC. I have been back to the dealer twice in one day for different issues. They are saying they have to clean the fuel injectors and that this is a maintenance item for 30,000 miles but are surprised it has to be done so early. I am thinking about making them take this vehicle back and getting something else. I have not purchased an American car in a long time and this experience reminds me why that is. How can a SUV with 20,800 miles have engine issues with carbon in fuel injectors. I am very disappointed with this experience. This is a pre-owned GMC certified SUV. It feels like they dropped the ball with this one. The salesman had so much talk about the car being like new and certified so they make sure there are no issues for a while if we by the car and now he does not even speak when I now have to go back for service and acts like he does not see me. On top of that even with my 0 deductible full warranty if I came back at 30,000 miles it would cost me $120 to have injectors cleaned and that would not be covered as it is a maintenance item like breaks. Now that does not even sound right to have this type of service so early in vehicle life. I like the car but not the issues. If GMC can't make this right they will never see my business again. You should not have to question if you can trust a vehicle with just 20,800 miles on it. I am not looking for them to do the easy fix so I have to come back and pay for same service in 10k or 15k miles. The GM of dealer said the right things on the phone but we will have to see once they repair vehicle. I will post an update on my experience once I have a resolution. I heard good things about the dealership before purchasing. That is why I suffered the salesman I had, so I have to give benefit of doubt before condemning the dealer and all of GMC.
  • bobfishbobfish Posts: 48
    Have owned two Acadias and love them,no problems what so ever.I highly recommend buying a GMC Acadia.I will likely be buying a new one next year.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,100
    Hi 3rdact,

Please keep us updated on the status of your Acadia. If you need any further assistance with this issue do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • You need to go to Vegas becuse you are one lucky guy.
  • sparisisparisi Posts: 6
    Its nice to be told by a concern valet person today that my steering has a problem. I laughed because I had a person who drives all kinds of cars, tell me that the steering wheel doesn't turn and locks up. He asked me if I new I had an issue, and I told him that GM knows all about it and the steering problems. (Right Amber?). I still have notheard from GM about my issues like they said they would do a few weeks ago.
    Hi sparisi,

I apologize that you hadn't been contacted concerning your steering concerns. I can immediately look into this for you. What is the last 8 digits of your VIN? I look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Hi bobfish,

Thank you for the compliment! We are very happy to hear that you love your Acadia:-)

Crystal L
    GM Customer Care
  • 61flako61flako Posts: 1
    I had the same situation last week the same warning lights loos power ,had acadie at GM for repair and I spend once $540 and second time $320 and I had to fix by my self .The problem is in throttle body only!. I bought new part for $266 and takes 5 min. to replace . At the GM they were using sensor cleaner ,Its was working for few days .They never admit they do not know whats the problem and talked to me like money making costumer.
    Hi 61flako,

I can certainly understand your concern with unexpected repairs. I would like to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject header please.

Best Regards,
    Crystal L
    GM Customer Care
  • scottpar28scottpar28 Posts: 6
    last 8 is AJ110765. there should be a file on your system about my complaints.
  • Do not keep it, if you can get them to take the car back and get another model do so. We have a 2008 Acadia and have had numerous problems with it, from transmission replacement, to replacing the radiator hoses, to the window relays not working, electrical problem with the seats, recall of the headlights and the annoying chrome on the console that if the sun hits it right blinds you. Be for warned the acadia nice concept but a dangerous SUV in my opinion. If you think I am a angry, disgruntled customer please read all of the Acadia postings...
  • ariknycariknyc Posts: 12
    After reading the issues in this forum I have decided not buy a 2013 Acadia. I don't know who the person at gm is that decided they would follow up each post with a ridiculous response like "We're sorry to hear that you are having these with your Acadia. If we can check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmediagm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

This shows a total disregard for the customer. If the customers were taken care of they would have logged onto the forum and posted updates to rave about how the problems were resolved. Since that is not evident, this diminishes the value of a gmc product and warranty. I will skip on this car as well as the Buick and Chevy versions.

My name is Arik, I'm a US citizen living in Bergen County Nj and I will choose another option. I want to thank all those owners that took the time to post on this forum. You saved me thousands of dollars and hours of problems. My heart goes out to all of you. God bless you all and God bless America.
  • safety9285safety9285 Posts: 88
    It gets a little frustrating when I see posts and complaints about cars that are 6 or 7 years old with most of them from people who are the second or third owner. A 2006 Acadia could be over 7 years old now.
    Many complaints don’t even mention the year.
    I had a 2007 and drove it for 98,000 miles. It had a couple of minor issues that were covered under warranty.
    Every complaint I see is legitimate such as the sun roof leaks, electrical, headlight sockets, steering etc. but from what I can see, these are known old problems on old cars.
    It is too bad that most people find these forum only after they have had a problem.
    I traded in my 2007 for a 2011 Acadia Denali. Love it. I have a buddy who got rid of an Envoy and got a 2012 Denali Acadia. Loves it.
    This vehicle drives great, is very quiet and comfortable, looks good, hauls a bunch of kids and is very reliable.
    If you have a new car with a bunch of problems, then GM deserves any grief you can give them but to hold their feet to the fire over an old used car make not sense.
  • susancpasusancpa Posts: 7
    Hi Reality Check,
    I have owned GM cards for the last 30 years, ever since I was 17 years old. My 2010 Acadia had 6 unscheduled visits to the repair shop in the first 2 1/2 years of ownership and I purchased it brand new. Two cylinder misfires, water pump, numerous steering issues including replacing the ball bearings at 46K miles (they were rattling so loudly that my passengers were complaining) and finally both ends of the power steering rack leaking ps fluid at 62K miles when it was out of warranty. That was a $1,300 repair. I usually purchase a car new and drive it 7-8 years and 120K+ miles. None of them have ever needed a complete new power steering rack, especially at 30 months old. In addition, the front headlights kept burning out and the GM design is so poor that my husband cannot change them (you have to go in through the wheel well) so each time it required a trip to the dealership and $90 in labor to replace a $3 bulb. I did love the look of the car but by the time I traded it for a new Ford Edge at 3 years old I hated it. I'm glad you are not having the same problems as many of us.
  • I understand your point but my 2007 was not a 'typical wear & tear' issue. My problem was with a known faulty wave plate within the transmission. I expect a6yr old car to preform. Not all young families can afford brand new. I gladly dealt with 'normal' issues & took it all with a grain of salt. This particular issue is not acceptable & it sounds as if you were one of the lucky ones. There were no 2006 Acadias by the way. I also believe the sunroof looking was a problem from the time they were brand new & were a recall - not an 'older car issue'. Just thought Id enlighten your 'opinion' with a few facts.
    The Acadia went on sale in the United States in December 2006 as a 2007 model. I bought mine in May 2007.
    Your wave plate would have been covered under the 100,000 drive train warranty
  • cindy60cindy60 Posts: 9
    Regardless, the steering issues are still happening on 2012 models as well as other years. There are also owners with used Acadias and some who are the original owner, like myself. If you happen to get a good one that doesn't have these problems then good for you. The rest of us were not so fortunate. I use the forum to see what issues might be coming my way in the future. I don't use it to put down those who are having problems and forking out way too much money. I know I would appreciate it if you will choose to keep your opinions to yourself.
    People post with complaints but never post the fix:

People with the “change the oil” question: GM recommends synthetic oil now (2011 and later). So you might check with the dealer on the oil change thing. They went to synthetic but kept the change interval the same for extra protection.
    Someone talked about the sun reflecting off the chrome looking air vents: GM had a fix for that and on new models it will be done under warranty. They replace the chrome looking ones with Flat Black Vents. Works and looks great.
    Someone talked about a vertical line in their back up camera: That will happen when you back up in direct sunlight and the angle is just right causing sunlight to reflect off the bumper into the camera. No fix unless the sun isn’t there.
  • packrfan4packrfan4 Posts: 2
    Get a clue, safety9285. These forums are designed for people to post both complaints and compliments about their vehicles so that others can be properly informed. However, it's the nature of the beast for people to post complaints rather than compliments so that's predominantly what you're going to find here. If the Acadia was a more reliable vehicle or if GM backed its owners better by taking care of the known issues (like the power steering problems many have reported) then you wouldn't see as many people complaining here.
  • packrfan4packrfan4 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Anybody know if GM has released any Technical Service Bulletins regarding intermittent loss of power steering on the Acadias? It seems to be a common problem and my 2010 Acadia is now suffering from this. Just want to be armed with the proper information when I take into the dealer.
  • cindy60cindy60 Posts: 9
    Packrfan4 the dealer and other places will tell u that its the power steering rack and replace that. I had mine replaced twice in a year and third time my local guy (not the dealer) took the time to research what going on and he found the root cause! It is the steering pump, not rack. The pump wouldn't budge making it appear it was the rack. A couple thousand dollars later, sadly but it should be fixed now?! This mechanic doesn't like to call cars lemons but after all work he has done on my Acadia, and the problems he reads on their auto shop forums (something only they access) he has found his first lemon.
    We're sorry to hear about the power steering concerns you're having with your Acadia, packrfan4. I see that you're planning on visiting the dealership - please keep us updated on your progress there! If you should need any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah
    GM Customer Care
  • megawatts74megawatts74 Posts: 29
    First of all, there are no 2006 Acadias. Second of all... transmissions should last longer than 50 or 60,000 miles. There is a SAFETY concern here, SAFETY9285. When your car suddenly loses a transmission when your on the interstate. I traded in my heap of garbage Acadia for a new Kia Sorento.. Look it up on this forum... I have been praising the Kia. Positive posts. These Acadias are heaps of junk.
    My apologies for miss-speaking on the model year. The 2007 model came out late in 2006, so you could have purchased a 2007 in 2006.
    More people should spend time on these forums discussion issues and trying to help others solve their problems. You may disagree with me and that is OK. My OPINION is that a forum should be used for more than a [non-permissible content removed] box.
    I did some research on your current car and is was very easy to find forums discussing crap transmissions in the Kia.
    As far as the Sorento, I hope the transmission recall notice on your vehicle made it to your address.
  • I don't know about the rest of the people but we had bought our Acadia new in 2011 and within 4 months had to have the transmission rebuilt. From then on it was one issue after another. We finally got rid of it after the transmission again decided to slip in the middle of an intersection with on coming traffic. In the 14 months we owned the vehicle it was in the garage for 8 months. GM took advantage of us on the cost of getting out of the death trap and would not help out at all. Always stating they could not find anything wrong ( even though the traction control warning light kept coming on) all the while continuously replacing parts trying to find the issue. If GM really cared about their customers they would read and listen to their complaints and fix the problems. These vehicles should not be on the road given the various degrees of issues some severe and dangerous other not so. But the fact that someone could be seriously injured or killed from one of these vehicles should be enough to have the governments force GM to issue recalls and pay for all expenses until they can fix the problems. We were one of the lucky ones to get out before we were seriously injured. Others might not be.