Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• As Heyyou mention, I have said in a previous post. Nothing will be done about the poor gas mileage until GM recognizes the problem and tasks the engineering group to research the issue. Until that time, GM customer service will be data logging and archieving the information. One way to get GM attention is to start a law suit for fraudlent claims of published gas milage and deception to the public, and or effect there sales on Acadia's, by going public in the news media to enlighten the rest of the general public as to the issue's with the Acadia real world gas milage. The dealerships can not fix somthing that has an inherient design flaw, There are no malfunctioin codes being shown when the technician does a scan for codes.
  • Two more things to add to my original post...When I step on the brake I hear a loud click that seems to be coming from right under my foot. I thought it had to do with the brakes I just replaced. The mechanic said that there is some sort of arms under the car that are made of aluminum (used to be made of steel in old cars) and they are bending. I will likely have to replace them in 6 months and will start wearing at my tires around then. Also, even though I have the tow package for my Acadia and only pull a recreational boat for 2 miles twice a year, I had to have something replaced (boots or joints, I think...for another $200!) because the car couldn't handle the weight when pulling even though the boat and trailer are lighter than reccomended pull load. I should have kept my Ford!
  • thumbsdowngmc,
    How ironic that you are not the only one with the same exact issues we have experience?? huh??
    Except, our water pump was covered under our powertrain warranty.

Our airbag light has been on for almost 2 years now. There is a recall if you look it up under GMC recalls for an airbag. I intend to address my dealer with that since my car is still in getting repaired.

Your dealership sounds horrible! I would never bring my car back there again! Crooks!!!

The headlamps are so expensive to have replaced after paying 400.00 the first time my husband decided to Youtube the process. There is a great one on there with the step by step process.

Our headlamp knob fell through our dash?! If that isn't a design problem...I don't know what is. Our rear window switch also fell threw the door!

We have so many issues with this car...I can't even begin to tell you. Such a huge disappointment!!!

We are also driving my husbands 2004 Dodge Dakota as it is our only reliable vehicle. My $38k vehicle is on a lift at my dealer again :sick: . Looking forward to the 900-1200 bill they should have for me this afternoon only weeks before Christmas. Merry Christmas kids!...mom gets to fix her Acadia again!!!

GMC customer care contacted me this week (because of this site). But I haven't heard back from them once I gave them my Vin# and contact info. I think they post things on here just to act like they care...when in reality its just a quick fix for anyone reading this site.
    :mad:
  • My husband used to have a Saab convertible that was our money pit...now we have it's evil cousin, the Acadia. I am really afraid that this car is going to slowly become a nightmare. Lucky for me, it's just a headache right now. (My sister bought the Enclave and has had problems with her water pump too. They are all made by GM, right?)
  • mommyx3mommyx3 Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for your response, I will check to see if these are the correct bulbs.

The dealership has been telling me ever since I purchased my vehicle in 2009 that it is a design issue by GM and there is nothing wrong with it. It has been making this noise since the day I drove it off the lot with 9 miles on it (brand new). One of the guys that work at the dealership said that his truck does the same thing. The service technician also asked me to notice if it was worse when it's cold outside. Well, it's worse when the weather is cold or the temperature of my truck is cold (when the weather is cooler). I've had this truck 2 years and it has been okay but it seems like I'm starting to have problems with it now that the warranty has ended.
    I notice that my knob for my headlights goes partially into the dash panel when I press the knob in to turn on my fog lights, the lumbar part of my drivers seat seems to be wiggley, my dash board makes a rattling noise, and sometimes when I'm driving it seems like my truck is heavy, kind of like it is straining to change gears. I'm driving sometimes and seems like it will start to lose speed, then I press on the gas a little more and then it will pick up speed again. You see what I mean with these problems, and now the list has gotten longer. Now I've got to buy new tires (first time to purchase) just to find out that they are almost $200 dollars each ($179 is the cheapest I've been quoted) to replace because they're an unusual size tire. I know that replacing my tires is part of my routine maintenance but I didn't expect them to be so expensive.

I am hoping that nothing else goes wrong with this truck because I cannot afford an extended warranty at this time.
  • I hope they are the correct ones. If you would like assistance in working with the dealership, please don't hesitate to email us more information (including your name, the last 8 digits of your VIN, your dealership and a description of your visits there for the knocking concern).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • How did you make out? I have an 08 with similar but worse history with mine. GM doesn't care and hasn't done anything for me. I have a file number with them and now need a new Catalytic Converter I am being told. Who did you deal with I am ready to take it to the next level.
  • Slizzet,
    If you would like, we can look further into your Service Request to see how things are going. Please email us your SR number.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ktriektrie Posts: 15
    Ditto; I couldn't agree more. Worst vehicle I have ever purchased and I am shopping for something new and reliable.
  • Wow, I really wish I could have read this posting prior to me purchasing my Acadia. I did love the look of it, but knew that the trim and feel of most GM vehicles were “cheap” but since my dad retired from GM, I would give it a try. Besides he always gave me grief for not buying American, so, I thought I would give it a go.
    Although my 2011 Acadia Denali seemed to have a little bit more beef to it, it still have the trademark CHEAP door handles and trim that really isn’t locked in place like their competition.
    BUT
    Not even six months into my purchase, less than 8k in miles, my premium vehicle started to “cough” on the highway when I would reach around 60mph or higher and the check engine light came on.
    I was able to make it back to the dealer, but haven’t heard back yet as to what is wrong with my premium vehicle that is now in the shop.

Anyone know if you can return a vehicle after owning it for less than six months??? Because I do not want a money trap if this is the signs from a vehicle that is not even broken in yet.

As I said, if I would have read the horror stories listed in this post that confirmed what I felt about GM quality, I would not have made this purchase,
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    You probably won't get much attention from the dealer or the manufacturer unless the same problem keeps coming back. Meanwhile, about the best you can do is get stuff fixed under your warranty. You could talk to a lemon lawyer about a warranty claim I suppose, but don't get your hopes up.

Think You've Been Stuck With a Lemon?

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm sorry to hear that your vehicle is encountering some difficulties. We can look further into the situation with your dealership, if you like. Please email us more information, including the dealership where you've taken your vehicle and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Thank you for the prompt reply Sarah,

I will stop by the dealership after work to hopefully get a better description of the issue than calling it a "cough"

As i stated in my posting, i am just scared to death that my vehichle going to be a money sink.

This is my first exposure to a premium level of a vehicle and i took a chance on GM, and do not want to regret it.
  • good afternoon, I own a 2011 SLT2 with all the options and 13000 miles. I am getting 12-14 MPG. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. The issue has been elevated to the Northeast Regional Office. I have received a call from the regional manager, who is planning to setup a service request with my dealer. I am awaiting a call back from the Regional office.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    for a CUV, I would've bought one of these instead.

• First off I love my car. Always bought domestic and finally decided to by a GM. Our service department is great but I need to figure out why when I start my car, it wants to stall. Its difficult to start and sometimes I can smell raw fuel. I also caan start it and then the rpm get low and when i press the gas the car doesnt rev. you cant put it into gear turn the wheel nothing. The dealership and service is being great, I just really enjoy driving my car and want it back repaired. Anyone have an idea what it might be?
  • I am glad to hear you've been having a good experience working with your service department. Am I correct in that you have been working with them on this particular concern (start-up difficulty), but that there has yet to be a definitive diagnosis?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • msd11msd11 Posts: 3
    We bought a 2008 Acadia a few months ago. When we test drove the vehicle, the dvd player gave the error message but the dealer said that it was because the dvd we used to test it was scratched. The dealer gave us another dvd to try and it worked fine. SO we went ahead and bought the vehicle.

We get home and only about 6 of the dvds we have in the house work. I've even went out and and bought brand new ones from Walmart or Target. Of the two from Target, one will work and one doesn't.

Called the dealer and he said the dvd player is "picky" and basically didn't care at all.

Last week I had another dealership look at it. After waiting for three hours, they tell me that it gives that error when I try to play dual format dvds and that it will only play single layer ones. Umm WHAT?!??! That is NOT what "region error" means! Even I know that. So I put in a dvd and it didn't work. Then I showed him the box that said the dvd was single layer. He didn't seem to care and acted like I was wrong.

He did say that he would check into having the dvd player replaced, if it was covered, since I have the 12 month bumper-to-bumper warranty. Hello?? It's a bumper-to-bumper warranty!

I called back a few minutes ago and they couldn't even find the information to tell me if it's been looked into any further.

We've just made our 2nd payment on this vehicle and I am so upset. Why did we pay for a dvd system that we can't even use? If they can't even help me with something this simple, I don't want to think about anything serious. This is our first "new" car and I am starting to have buyer's remorse.

I wish I had found this forum beforehand or *gulp* listened to my husband and bought something else.
  • I'm sorry for the frustrations that have arisen due to the DVD player situation you've described. Per the vehicle's owner's manual, "Region Error" refers to a disk not being from the correct region. If we can follow up with your dealership on this, please send us an email with more information including the last 8 digits of your VIN, complete contact information, and the name of your dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • msd11msd11 Posts: 3
    Thank you for the reply.

I noticed on your profile that you have only been a member since November 3rd of this year and that you have a gmail email account, not a General Motors email account.

Not to be rude, but I would think that an actual GM service rep would have a company email address and would have been a member on the site for much longer.

Do you by chance have a way to verify your ID? I don't feel comfortable giving my information to someone based on a forum message.

Thank you again,
    msd11