Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Good idea!!!! They also need to send GM certified letters and go to the BBB and start making some complaints! I think the problems that these vehicles are having are down right ridiculous!!!! something needs to be done by GM... STOP!!! making these vehicles and start doing some more testing on these garbage cans!!!!!
  • There is something that you can do...Send GMC a certified letter and get in touch the BBB...i PROMISE YOU that GMC will change their tune. I have been there done that. Was getting treated like crap by GMC after I did these two little steps (writing certified letter and contacting the BBB) it was a whole new world. If you need anymore information or help let me know I would be happy to help.
  • I was seriously considering purchasing a 2012 Acadia and went to this forum to see if there were any major issues with them. Boy. I'm sure glad I did and did not waste my money like so many others on this forum have done by purchasing a lemon General Motors product. I have never seen so many bad issues with one particular auto before. Let me tell all of you from past experiences that GM doesn't care about you or your problems with their products. What do you expect from a company that bankrupted itself 3 years ago and then was given 60 billion dollars of U.S. taxpayers money to continue their operations with no strings attached. The American taxpayers will never see this money. It was a political payback gift to them by the U.S. president. I would never recommend buying anything from them.
  • bobfishbobfish Posts: 48
    I would just like to let you know I am now the owner of our second Acadia,we had a 2007 and now own a 2011. We never had a major problem with either of them. They have been the best vehicles we have owned since we had a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville. As to the question of would I buy another one,you bet I would.
  • I own a 2007 Saturn Outlook (FWD) which is basically the same vehicle. I am ready to buy a new similar vehicle, but based on the pathetic service history of the Outlook I see no way I can consider an Acadia unless there is evidence that the many key weak component problem have been solved in some way. In its first 65k miles, this vehicle has required a new transmission, steering rack, timing chains as well as exhibiting the oft-reported sunroof leaks. While the dealers involved handled the repairs well, which is why I have not felt the need to complain to GM corporate, the quality problems with such basic components are inexusable. The steering failure nearly resulted in a crash. BTW I currently own 3 GM vehicles (other two are Pontiacs). I guess I assumed that this generation of X-over would be an improvement over our previous Montana van, which had a rash of early problems too.
  • I currently own a 2011 Acadia Denali. Best vehicle I have owned since my 2007 Acadia SLT. I Had some issue with the 2007 but each and every matter was taken care of promptly by my Dealer.
    :)
  • Bobfish,
    I'm glad to hear that your Acadias have been treating you well! If you should ever need assistance, please be sure to get in touch with us via email.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just got the news tonight on my 08 Acadia - that just crossed 75K miles... In the last 24 hours -- the traction control light, the stabilitrack going off... engine light coming on... temperature climbing.
    11 faults to diagnose -- water pump, brake leaking issues - resulting low pressure ($700), coolant flush ($175), clogged injectors(?) ($179) plus $110 for the diagnosis.
    I thought it was an amazing collection of several things going wrong at once but as I read below, I am concerned that I am being pushed to fix things not at issue and/or seeing recurring issues that are widespread across the model.
    Are there steps I can take before I simply make the repairs?
  • Good morning,
    Wow - that is quite a list!

There are a few avenues to explore before making these repairs. We at Customer Service can contact your dealership and perhaps learn what are the priority repairs for the vehicle or explore available repair options. To do this, we would need to build a Service Request, and if you're interested we request a bit more information to be sent via email; this would include your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone/address), the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Or there is also the possibility of getting a second opinion. Again, we could be of assistance in locating another GM dealership in your area for you to visit, or you're free to choose an independent party (however, we would not be able to consider their diagnosis through Customer Service as we need to work with our dealerships).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jrdredjrdred Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    My husband and I first saw the Acadia at a boat show in Nashville, TN in 2006. Our whole family loved it and thought it was a beautiful vehicle. When I decided to trade my 2002 Tahoe, that I had bought new and was totally paid for, for the Acadia, no dealership in our area or surrounding areas had one in stock. So we ordered our 2007 Acadia(VIN#1GKER33757J143153) leaving our Tahoe at the dealership that day and waited for about 8 weeks for it come in. We were so happy when we were finally able to pick it up. The Acadia is a nice vehicle in looks and handling, however we have had numerous problems with it. Had to take it in for seatbelt not working properly, plastic compartment lid in cargo area wouldn't stay shut and had to be replaced, cheap plastic molding around passenger seat cushion has come lose a couple times and had to be fixed, then the sunroof leaked a year or so ago and stayed at the dealership for a week or so for repair, also had to be taken in for heated windshield washer recall, all fixed under warranty but still an inconvenience to us. Just had another leak last week front passenger side (same side as 1st leak) which I was told by the service dept. was caused by the vehicle seams behind the dash board and was getting into fuse box compartment which could explain why my radio and DVD player do not work properly and the lights for these items flash randomly when not even powered on sometimes. Also was told that I would have to pay for 3 hours of labor since part of the dash board had to be removed which was around $240.00. Picked vehicle up on Mon. Jan. 16, 2012 and lucky for me it rained that night and was leaking again on Tues. morning. Called dealership and returned vehicle and asked again could the recalls be repaired as well since they had not done them on Monday and was told that they could. This time I was given a courtesy car to drive overnight which I appreciated since I work 2 jobs and it is inconvenient to be without transportation. Service Dept. called and stated that the leak was from the sunroof this time (not the vehicle seams that they had fixed the day before) but was no charge due to the fact that this problem had been fixed once before. Still haven't received word of whether I will be refunded the $240.00 that I paid on Monday because I questioned why I was having to pay for repairs on a leak that was obviously a manufacturer's defect since it was caused by seams in the vehicle. After the repairs on the Tuesday sunroof leak and the recall repairs (ECM & Headlamps) I pick up my vehicle and drive to my second job and everything seems ok. Around 8:30 I head out the door to start my Acadia and head home, it starts but now has a clicking sound coming from under the hood. I back out and head for home while the clicking noise somewhat quietens it sounds as if the motor is having a hard time. So I drive 35mph about 6 miles or so because I'm not sure whether the motor is going to quit on me or what. Started car this morning to head to work and no clicking noise but now has some other noise going on which I can't tell where it is coming from. Called dealership, was told they would send someone to my office, which is less than a mile, to pick vehicle up and check it out. We are very disappointed and upset that this vehicle has had so many problems. Even though the dealership has worked with us it is certainly an inconvenience to drop it off and get someone to pick you up and then drop you back off that afternoon to get your vehicle and neither of us can afford to take off from work to wait while repairs are being done. I have owned several GM vehicles and for the most part was satisfied with each one but I never had the kind of problems with them as I have had with this Acadia. I now wish I had kept my paid for 2002 Tahoe instead of this Acadia that I have had to make payments on and be inconvenienced by repairs and numerous recalls. Also good luck with finding tires you can afford because there are only a few brands that will fit and cost around $900.00 for a set. With all the recalls on these vehicles GM SHOULD step up to the plate and recall them.
  • Have you gotten any word on what the noise was? Multiple repairs with a vehicle, especially so close together, can be frustrating, and I am very sorry that your week has been so interrupted with trips to and from the dealership. If you are interested in working with Customer Service, please get in touch via email and we'll get a Service Request set up for you.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    edited January 2012
    The customer service rep at the dealership stated that a blade behind something they had worked on the day before got bent slightly and hopefully now that is fixed. Just waiting for it to rain again as we will not know if all the leaks are truly fixed until it does! And yes I would like a case number with customer service as I am sure I will have issues with these leaks again. Still waiting to find out about a refund for monies paid on leaks caused by seams in the vehicle which should fall under a manufacturer's defect. Thanks so much and I appreciate your concern!
  • Just to start I Work on a company that supply major equipment to a fast food chain in america so I know how important customer relation can be. Now a day a word of mouth, Facebook, Youtube can really do some major damage in corporate america. My manager always told me no matter how small the customer complain is you need to take care of them. As he jokes around; He said because you dont really know how many "Facebook Friends" they have or "You Tube Hits" on our bad product. Anyway let me post my situation..I used to own a 2002 Tahoe and 2002 Pontiac Montana with milleage combined around 250,000 and I could honestly say those vehicle never, never, ever gave me grief as the one I currently own "THE INFAMOUS 2009 ACADIA" my wife and I deceide to trade both of our Paid for vehicle to get this "Lemon" unfortunately we dont even own the vehicle for a year when problem started. First the engine light is constantly ON so we, We in Minnesota which is mean harsh weather temp espicially during winter and a remote "START" would be good right? Well with engine light being on the remote start is useless so that feature is out the window then the headlight bulbs burn't. Did you guys ever try to replace a headlight bulb on this vehicle? Good Luck!! Because I am not paying $50 just to replace a headlight bulb, what kind of Engineer GMC hires to design this car a12year old? This last one really pisst me off. While my wife and I and my 3 kids are driving down going to a mall my wife took a left turn to go on a parking lot the Steering Wheel suddenly Stiffen on her which we almost collided on another vehicle coming in. That really did it for me, the next morning I brought it to a GMC dealer which they told me it was my "Steering Rack" and the check engine light could be my "TIMING CHAIN" Wow! I called GM to complain and since my warranty for the steering rack is out of the 35,000 mark they are willing to pay half with labor cost which still $480.00 out of my pocket. I own the Vehicle 11Months and absolutely hate it...Detailed inside the car are poorly put together, chome piece around the shifter falling apart! Zipping noise coming from the steering columwhile turning, I can go on and on...I can honesly say I might be just one of there million customer but watch out GM I have 1500 Facebook friends and good on making You Tube videos.... Come on guys! U.S can build better than...
  • I feel your pain.I just got rid of a 2010 that garbage was nothing but trouble every time I would get in the car I would have anxiety because I knew that something was going to happen. When ever my husband and I see people driving around in them we cal them victims because that is how we felt when we owned ours.
  • rettad82rettad82 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I have experienced all the typical complaints with my 2008 Acadia - had to have leaking windows repaired, replaced headlights twice, replaced water pump, replaced timing chain, replaced master cylinder & brake booster, replaced crappy Fortera tires twice, replaced purge valve, replaced sway bar; drivers side power window doesn't work; Stabilitrak light comes on all the time; car looses power steering if you go through a puddle of water; loss of control of car on certain turns at certain rates of speed. Newest problem occurred when vehicle was returned from dealer after 8 days - Battery Saver Active. Read the manual, which states that battery saver comes on when there are too many systems being used. Only heat & radio were on when this began occurring. It lasted about 24 hours, the battery died, and I had to be towed. Dealer said it was a battery cell problem & charged $195 for a new battery. Picked up car at dealer, drove about a mile, and same "service battery charging system" indicator came on. I'm thinking they hooked something up incorrectly when they did timing chain/master cylinder/brake booster repair and that something is constantly running. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
  • Sounds great! If you haven't already (my coworker Christina responds to the emails from Edmunds), please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.
    Thanks!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Bringamerica1,
    I am sorry to hear that your Acadia has had some issues, and that you are so frustrated and disappointed. If you were to get us your Service Request number, we would be happy to look at your case to make sure that everything was handled appropriately.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Are you planning on revisiting them? If you would like to work with Customer Service in addressing this concern, please contact us via email with more information (name, contact information, last 8 of VIN, and dealership) and we'd be happy to get a Service Request set up where we could get involved with you and the dealership towards resolving this.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • duijiduiji Posts: 17
    Although I am not proud of it I was once an Acadia owner. My wife and I went over our budget to buy one of these and it was the worst purchase ever. I have posted on here in the past but continuing to read the numerous complaints still coming in on this vehicle is ridiculous. There is a pattern here with issues and yet no recall or permanent fixes, why? I started a website to gather as many Acadia owners but when I put it on here it was removed because it was a solicitation? Isn't that what all these GM representatives are doing? Many of theses owners want a permanent fix and not a band-aid, GM needs to come good on these junk mobiles with people that spent good money on a terrible vehicle. Acadia commercials should be required to address known issues much like the Surgeon Generals warning on cigarettes. Caution: Vehicle may have steering and suspension problems, transmission issues, sunroof leaks and much much more.
    Please reply with email address and I will gladly email the information to you. Thanks for your help.