Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry to read about these difficulties with your Acadia. If we can look into this further with you, please get in touch via email (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ldu4ldu4 Posts: 1
    I'm a diehard GM fan and want to buy a GMC Acadia but after hearing the stories...I don't know now....neighbor had plenty problems with engine service lights...dealer did what they could,,,but when she called GM customer service they were down right rude to her....don't need to buy anything from Gov't Motors with that kind of responses....
    I hate to hear that your neighbor was treated rudely when she called in to speak with us, and if you would relay my apologies to her I would greatly appreciate it. If she would like for us to follow up on this with her, she's welcome to get in touch via email at the address listed in my profile here (as are you if you have any concerns).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Let me see if I can remember all of the things that have gone wrong with my 2008 Acadia. Tomorrow, I will be taking it in because the air conditioning light flashes 3 times and then goes off. I am out of warranty so I am sure it will be something major. The last time it was at the dealership it was for the light connetion recall after I had already spent $50 on new light bulbs. Before that it was the water pump, the stabilitrak (twice), when the air conditioning was on it would blow air that was hot as h***. Then I had the interior leakage problem from the sunroof; however, my particular VIN # was not included in the recall and your extended warranty does not cover anything water related--that was $380 for a defect from the factory!!! Then my Acadia would shut off while you were driving it. At this point, we are just trying to get it paid off so that we can get something else.
    I see that you're frustrated, njohnson36, and I apologize that you have had to deal with multiple trips in for different issues, which I can understand is inconvenient.

Please keep us posted on how your visit goes tomorrow, and if we can be of any assistance don't hesitate to send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • njohnson36njohnson36 Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    My husband just reminded me that the rack and pinion also had to be replaced. And when the car only had about 20k miles, we were on a trip with 5 of our friends and all of our luggage and the computer went out. The other problem that I currently have is the rubbing noise when you turn the steering wheel. It is annoying, but not worth paying the dealership to fix it. That's assuming they would even know how! :mad:
  • Driving home from work today, my acadia would not stop chiming. I thought maybe it was low on coolant so I filled it up. Even after I filled it up and the engine was cool it won't stop chiming. It's driving me crazy! Is there anyway to disable it? Please help!
  • kf1908kf1908 Posts: 3
    Please provide the contact information for the attorneys that are pursuing the class action suit. I've had multiple issues with my 2008 GMC Acadia and am tired of getting the run around from GMC "customer service." Thanks!
    2008 GMC Acadia owner with a little over 100k miles. Have had problems with the power steering since about 50k. At first, when turning at slow speeds we noticed a popping noise. Took to local dealership and they drove it and said they didn't hear the sound. Then I started noticing that at times, the steering locked up for a few seconds - usually during heavy rains. Took back to dealership and was told that the problem was the power steering gear. Called GMC customer service, representative was the worst in terms of giving me the run around - one day she told me there was a recall for power steering, not the "power steering gear" but if the dealership could classify the issue as "power steering" not specific to the gear GMC would fix it. The next day she didn't recall saying that and said the power steering recalls were for other GMCs, not Acadias. Anyone have any luck with this issue?
    What is your case number, kf1908? I'd be happy to check into things.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Results on the air conditioning problem---Dealership says that their is a leak in one of the a/c lines behind the engine head. The cost will be $454 to repair the lines which includes 4 hours of labor (with no real guarantee that this will work) or $1400+ to replace the lines (because you have to buy all 4 a/c and heater lines that are not sold separately). Absolutely ridiculous! :cry:
    njohnson36,

I know that vehicle repairs can be expensive, and definitely can empathize. Now you that you have a diagnosis, what are your thoughts on how you will proceed?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    71-1038624692 The representative's name is Portia.
    Thank you for getting me that case number. I double checked your VIN and didn't see any open recalls on your vehicle. I also saw that your case was closed, and that the decision that had been delivered to you was a final decision. I realize that it may not have been the most satisfactory resolution - what route are you now pursuing to get this addressed?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • kirby2010kirby2010 Posts: 136
    I'm considering a replacement for my 2007 Toyota 4Runner. I like the idea of the third row seating and the available room in the back of the Acadia. And I like the look of the Acadia. But I'm concerned about the trend on reliability, especially since many of the same issues seem to be recurring - lights, water issues, steering,etc.

I'd be interested in knowing if the there is a trend towards improvement and if the GM service rep that posts here regularly has made a difference in getting problems solved.
  • anribaanriba Posts: 2
    Wow. I just drove one home for a trial for the weekend and now read all this. Its a new slt. Is GM still producing low reliability vehicles? What else should I buy?
  • kirby2010: I have a 2011 Acadia. I had a 2007. I did not have that water issuses but I did not have a sunroof. The water leak issues came from poorly designed sunroof drains. I have a sunroof now and no worries. The lighting issues and electrical issues came form the leaks. There was a problen also with the sockets holding the daylight running lights but that has been adressed. I had a problem with the steering locking up. It was caused when you ran through a puddle of deep rain and main a certain turn. The water would get up on the power streering belt cuasing it to slip and that would not lock it up but you needed to be a gorilla to turn it for a few seconds. That has gone away also.
    I lost the transmission at 97,000 but had it replaced under warranty.
    My new car's transmission is really differenct then the 2007. They went to synthetic oil for the engine.
    To make a long story short, I put on 98,000 on my 2007 and traded it in on a 2011. I have been in the new 4's. The Acadia rides a ton better and the seats are more comfortable. One big thing for me is the the Acadia says GMC on the front grill. I pay extra for that logo.
  • Some more: I went to AWD. This is a winner drive train. Got the Denalli version. Nothing else in it class rides like it.
    I drove the 4 runner, Yukon, Trailblazer, all the Fords. Once I decided I did not need to tow anything over 4500 lbs, the decision was a no brainer.
    I wish when people post nasty notes on the Acadias, they would put the model year.
    All the problem seem to be 2007 - 2010. Then Obama took over and everything changed
  • I was jus kidding about the Obama thing. The new Acadias are nice vehicles.
  • hdaohdao Posts: 20
    In addition to that, I used premium gas when traveling on long distance roads. Keep constant speed from 65-72 mph. For the highway mileage accuracy, I reset MPG monitor while my Acadia is in constant highway speed, so it would tell me exact mileage on HW.