Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• kcvkcv Posts: 3
    "Try contacting the BBB Autoline in your state to file a complaint or hire a lawyer. We have had many issues with 2010 Acadia re steering and also feel it is unsafe to drive. The local dealer where we bought it was of no help. We contacted the BBB and currently are looking at a buyback. Hope all works out."

Yes. I will try to file my case on BB Autoline. Could you please share with me the status of your case when it update?
    Kevin
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    kathyc5,
    Thank you for your post. Have you spoke with the dealer regarding your concerns? If not, I would recommend starting there. Please send me an email with your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealer of choice. I look forward to hearing further from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • On May 30th, I posted my frustrations I have had since I purchased my 2010 Acadia. Well the saga continues. On May 30th, I had the front cover seal repaired and during that repair they discovered the water pump was leaking and needed to be replaced. Well its heading back to the Service Department tomorrow for more repairs. I now have a front end rattle/vibration. To be continued....
  • At this point, I'm at a loss. Since my post, I have had to schedule another appointment tomorrow because of a brand new problem.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    We certainly hope that your appointment tomorrow goes well; if we can look into anything further please don't hesitate to send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Have you been having this looked into by a GM dealership? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with you and them! Let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Turns out that the service dept. was unable to pinpoint the exact cause of the noise. However, they did discover that I do have a bad front end strut, strut mount, and axle that needs to be replaced. Just waiting for the parts to come in so I can drop it back off for further repairs.......hopefully tomorrow.
    Just hit 35,000 miles yesterday:(
  • kathyc5kathyc5 Posts: 2
    I just had my Acadia into a different dealer ship. The first dealer re balanced the tires and the shimming still continued. Then I took it to a second dealership yesterday and they road force balanced the tires. $110 later, my Acadia still has a shimmy in the steering wheel at speeds of around 60-65 miles per hour.
    I have 20,000 miles on the vehicle, but this all started at around 15,000 miles.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    kathleen26,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Please let us know how things go at the dealer or if you continue to experience concerns. I look forward to your post.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • lupe_r49lupe_r49 Posts: 7
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, GM did open a service request. I spoke with Julian and he provided me with Case #71-970718098.

Since my last post, my steering pump has once again needed to be replaced. The GM dealer first stated I needed to pay for the steering replacement. I did have to argue with them, since it was replaced less than a year ago by the same dealership. After some back and forth the dealership agreed to replace the pump at no cost to me. This does not take away the fact that I have spent thousands of $$$$ fixing this vehicle. I continue to be disappointed with the quality of the vehicle and will continue to talk my friends and relatives out of ever purchasing a GMC Acadia.
  • orr4orr4 Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    My '08 Acadia is going to the dealership tomorrow for the same issue concerning a loss of steering in wet conditions. I haven't had it in yet but I am skeptical about getting this fixed properly after everything that I have read . Two days ago, in fairly light rain, my daughter (on a learner's permit) lost steering in an intersection and nearly crashed. I'm just wondering if you have any update with the new belt and overall state of your Acadia... for that matter I am wondering if anybody has been satisfied with the repair process for this issue...
  • hbacadiahbacadia Posts: 7
    After having a splash shield installed 1 yr. ago, then the power steering belt replaced about 6 months ago. I still have had my steering fail during wet conditions. After taking the car back again recently, I have now been told by the dealership that everything that they know to do, or have been instructed to do for this condition has been done!
    The car is unsafe, especially in wet conditions.
    Sorry to hear that-what a nightmare ! Mine is at the dealership now and I am getting the runaround as I am being told they are unfamiliar with this problem, there is no service bulletin etc. Have you tried GMC directly and was that worthwhile? Thank you for your help.
    Good evening orr4,
    Did your appointment with your dealership turn around this afternoon? We're available to look into the situation further, if you would like. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will assist you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Tobster1Tobster1 Posts: 12
    Hi. I am sorry for all the problems I hear everyone having. We bought a 2007 Saturn Outlook. In 2009 we successfully won a lemon law arbitration. We won on the basis of power steering failure while turning in the rain. It was very dangerous. We also had leaks that never stopped after many attempts. Carpet was replaced, drains were replaced, electrical was going and the final thing was the power steering failing which is VERY dangerous. GM fought me the entire process. . . consistently delayed and ultimately we filed for lemon law protection. If you can do this, do it. From what everyone is reading on this post and others shame on GM for not fixing these problems or doing a major recall. Good luck everyone.
    Good afternoon,
    I'm glad to hear back from you, and am glad to hear that you were able to get the steering pump replaced. Do you have any other continuing concerns with your vehicle that are unresolved at this time?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rollie_dogrollie_dog Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I am doing some research on buying an Acadia and noticed that the Edmunds Acadia forum has tons of posts regardia Acadia problems. With the same platform and mechanicals one would expect similar problems on the Traverse or Enclave forum. Anyone have any ideas on why the Acadia forum is so much more active. I am not interested in the Traverse, just like the looks of the Acadia.
    Rollie Dog... don't buy the Acadia unless you don't value the safety of yourself and passengers. Its a nice looking car that has an incredible amount of safety issues. If you raise them, you will get treated like a moron by GMC and like me, will have to sue them after they stick you with repair bills for their design defects. They will not stand behind that product in any way. Im not a big Traverse fan - I am replacing my deathrtrap Acadia with a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,851
    You know... it is a little weird..

I do see plenty of issues with the Enclave, though not as many... but, that might just reflect higher sales of the Acadia than the Buick..

But, why not the Traverse? That is a puzzler.. but, the Traverse was the last of the triplets to go on sale, and also... there are many more "base" model Traverse, than the other two brands.... less extras to have problems with?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Or it could be that disgruntled Traverse and Enclave owners haven't found Edmunds. Yet anyway. :surprise: