Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    tropicoduke,

Have you made any progress on the motor problems you've been having with your Acadia since this post?

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    Any news from the dealership, dria253?

martyc382,

We're sorry about this trouble with the parts! If you want for us to check into this further, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• We have had our car for a month... 2007 Acadia and the stabilitrak comes on 3-4 times per trip. It doesn't shut down but now after reading all these I'm afraid to drive it. Please tell me how to get this fixed. Doesn't seem fair to pay for a car with this known issue
  • Hey nbaumgardner - I am glad I found your post! I just had a similar experience with my 2011 Acadia SLT2 AWD with 1/8 of a tank left and parked on a decline in front of my house. I left it there for almost 2 days and when I tried to start it, crank/no start.

Needless to say I was p@$@# and had to get it towed to the dealer to have it looked at. They get the vehicle and are able to start it up right away?!?! Spent 4 hours troubleshooting and then said they couldn't do anything else at this point unless/until they are able to reproduce the issue.

My question - were you ever able to get your problem resolved with GM? Anything I can do to get my dealer to investigate more?

Thanks!

J
  • bad3bad3 Posts: 2
    It should be so shameful to GM for so many folks having issues with these vehicles. I purchased my acadia on 5/2008, I have the same exact problems that most of you are having. My dealership service guy told me these things are job security for him. I have 96000 on mine and am trying so hard to get rid of it, but when I try to trade it I get low balled and the worst part the lowest numbers come from GMC dealerships. :(
    acadiamom,
    Let us know if you decide to work with a dealership to get this resolved. We're available to work with you through that process if you like and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    jbacadia2011,

Have you contacted Customer Service about this yet? If not, and if you would like for us to follow up with your dealership, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• The dealership cannot duplicate the problem...so they say. If there is no problem they cannot fix it. I contacted GM about this issue; needless to say GM knows that there is a problem with the Acadia's not starting on an incline/decline. A GM representative left me voicemail basically saying if I'm at a 1/4 tank to park on "leveled terrain". I can't believe that there is not a recall or a solution regarding this issue.
  • I also have a 2008 Acadia that I purchased used 8mo ago and have been really frustrated with the problems its had. We recenty had the stabilitrack issue. Where the light would come on followed by reduced engine power. Which slowed the car down and would not let it excelerate. We took it to our service department and we were told that it was related to the throttle body. And that sometimes the throttle body can get dirty or gummed up and it makes it stick causing the stabilitrack light to come on. So they cleaned the unit and it seems to be ok now. If the problem comes back, we may need to replace the unit.
  • I want to update you all on what happend.

After I got the parts from RockAuto and my mechanic started
    Installing them he discovered that they are USED parts and not new!!

RockAuto you sell used parts to your customers!!?? Shame on you!
    At least tell us they are used! No wonder they were so cheap!
  • Regarding the last message. Maybe i was a bit hasty because i just got of the phone
    With the mechanic and he got me upset
    I just checked the FAQ in RockAuto and they do mention that sometimes
    They will offer remanufactured parts
    Just needed to clear that up. If the car works again i will be happy otherwise i would
    Have wasted my money. But for a part that cannot be found antwhere this is better than nothing
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,941
    edited February 2013
    Remanufactured parts aren't necessarily bad; depends a bit on the part. (link). I usually associate remans with stuff like transmissions though, but I guess they rebuild injectors too.

But it is a surprise to order something "new" and get something obviously used. It would be better if RockAuto would put a note on the part that it's a reman when you add it to your cart.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• This happened to me also. i just put my car in neutral and using the break got out of the decline. once the car was level i were able to get it to start. I think because no fuel could reach the ignition system ( i am not a mechanic but this is what i think)
    fergi1,
    Let us know if the stabilitrack issue comes back. Hopefully cleaning the throttle body took care of it, but it not we're happy to check into this further with your dealership.

• jpfjpf Posts: 496
    The no start on an incline with 1/4 tank or less of fuel in the tank could be due to the shape of the gas tank. If the tank is narrower, then on an incline fuel settles on one side of the tank and the fuel pump is not powerful enough to pump it to the engine. I have a Chevy Uplander and Uplander owners (check out Uplander forums) were given the narrow tank by GM as a reason for the no start condition on steep inclines. After hearing this, I make an effort not to go below 1/4 tank. Good luck.
  • mlitmlit Posts: 1
    I am reading all of these reports from Acadia owners and their issues with the stabilitrack. Our dealer told us this morning he would have to replace the throttle body. The car is a 2011 and 40k miles. Really GMC. This problem seems to be very common and is not recalled? Unfortunately, we are out of warranty on this and have to pay to replace. Never would have had this problem with Toyota.
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    Stabilitrack issues are problematic with other GM models (see Impala forums). Unfortunately, all vehicles were required to have electronic stability control (ESC), I believe by the 2009 model year. Many vehicles had it available by the 2006 or 2007 model year. I was fortunate when I purchased a 2007 Uplander. It did not have the Stabilitrack option.
    mlit,
    We're sorry that you're experiencing stabilitrack issues on your Acadia. Let us know if we can check into anything by emailing us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of your situation).

• We are in the market to buy a newer "used" family hauler. Of course we really like the setup in these cars and the traverse as well. We were warned by an auto broker we work with in Denver and we were still tempted because of the interior layout.
    So thanks for posting all your problems because we will definitely look at the highlander or other. Too bad these morons cant figure out how too fix all these problems. At least they lost one customer who already leaned GMC because I have had really good luck with my 01 Sierra.
    Anyway thanks you guys scared me off after only reading two pages.