Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 2008

Comments

• jonvetjonvet Posts: 3
    I see Toyota makes a very nice looking Ft bumper guard ,they call it a nudge bar. unfortunately they only sell it in Australia and New Zealand, with shipping it's over $700. Anyone know how to get one here or a brand that would look good on a 08 Sport? Thanks, JonVet
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,947
    Just curious, but Is it polycarbonate?

The Aussies are pretty rigid about bullbar specs since the metal non-energy absorbing ones are a hazard to pedestrians. There's a full EU ban on the sale of rigid ones. That may explain why they aren't too common outside of kangaroo country.
  • jonvetjonvet Posts: 3
    I believe it's metal.....newtoyotaparts.com
    Pretty expensive piece of bent pipe to bolt on.

Try the SEMA consumer site and check around the Member Directory. EnjoyTheDrive
  • Steve & Tidester I am very interested in buying a new 200999999 RAV-4. Any clue when they will become available. Know Toyota has out the 2009 Matrix and Corolla but I need a 7 seater. Have read up on 2009 RAV-4, now the question is the earliest date I can get one. Need it by mid-July. Thanks lots for your insight.
  • Dealers aren't interested in telling me when the 2009 RAV-4 will be available, we all know they only want a quick sale and a 'tough' question like this is way beyond their interest in answering. How can I get ahold of the SE Toyota big boys who can provide me the answer? Thanks, experts.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I don't believe that Toyota has announced a ship date yet so it's not surprising that no one is able to tell you when they will be available.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    It's a bit early for the 09 RAV4. I believe a refresh is in the works. I've posted pictures on my CarSpace of what I believe will be the next 09 RAV. The spare tire will be relocated to the bottom of the vehicle. The grille will be re-worked, and also the tail lights. I would expect the 09 Ravs to be in around sep-oct time frame.
    Mack
    p.s. Toyota misread the market and over produced trucks and suv's. Story was out on Automotive News weekly. That would explain why we have so much inventory on ground right now.
    :shades:
  • hank119hank119 Posts: 39
    We've ordered a Rav4 V6 Limited with leather seats and a tow-prep package. It now looks like such a vehicle may not be available. At least my dealer says the ones listed on the Southeast Toyota website are not his allocation and he'll try to get one from another dealer.
    He does have a vehicle with fabric seats and says he'll be able to replace them with leather if he can't get the Rav4 we ordered.
    My dealer explains that he does business with a really good upholsterer who does this kind of work. Apparently, it's not simply a case of removing the cloth seats and replacing them with stock Toyota leather seats. He reupholsters the seats in the car !
    Has anyone had this dealer replacement of cloth with leather performed ? What were the results ? We're a little leery of this procedure.
    Some people think they get better results aftermarket instead of going with the factory leather.

You could ask the dealer for the shop name and drop by and look at some work in progress. Some people prefer to go with a national name, like Katskins.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Your dealer is "blowing smoke", lots of smoke.

There is more profit in it for the dealer if he sells low grade aftermarket leather upholstery vs ordering it from the factory.

Be leery, VERY LEERY...!!!
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Posts: 80
    hi, can you email me the inof on the 2009 to gtlpropllc@yahoo.com please as I cannot find any info out there.

Thanks.

G-Man
    can you email me the pixs please to gtlpropllc@yahoo.com

thanks!
    can you email me ...

That would deprive others of valuable information and defeat the purpose of a public Forum.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    well then can you tell me how to find them exactly or post them here please. thanks.
    can you tell me how to find them exactly or post them here please

Your first request for email was a reply to Thompkins who was asking a question. He was not providing information. His questions were subsequently answered so any request for email is moot.

Your second request was to Mackabee who answered Thompkins question and, in his reply, stated that he had posted pictures in his carspace. Click on his name in the byline of any of his postings and you will find a link to his carspace.com page. Again, the request for email is superflous.

In either case, additional information related to those issues should be posted here for the benefit of those following the discussion rather than being exchanged in private email.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    My post #156 asked about dealer installed leather. As an update to this question I'd like to report on our experience with dealer installed leather on our new Limited V6 Rav4.
    The dealer "installed" Katskin leather (a national brand) was a perfect match to the taupe interior of our vehicle and was high quality material. The installation was actually performed by a local leather shop and included the replacement of the fabric door panels with leather. The quality of the installation was very good. It was not as good as my factory installed leather on our 2008 Honda Accord which was excellent.
    We have dealer installed step-tubes on our 2008 Rav4 V6 Limited. They were supposed to help my wife get in and out of the vehicle. They don't. Maybe we don't know how to use them. Before we got the tubes she was using the handle over the door to lift herself into the vehicle butt first. She would leave the vehicle by sliding out till her feet touched the ground.
    With the step tubes, she tries to step up and into the car. however the tubes are too high off the ground for her to step up on them. The dealer says they can't be lowered.
    As a result she's back to the old technique but now she's hindered by the step tubes. They get in her way sliding out of the vehicle.

I've tried using them and my head is way over the roof of the vehicle when I step on the tube. To get into the vehicle I next place my right foot on the floor and crunch my body to swivel into the seat without banging my head. It's a lot easier without the step tubes.

Are we perhaps using them improperly ?

They're chromed stainless tubes and they look great on the vehicle but they seem to be functionally useless.
  • sdc2sdc2 Posts: 780
    I have to say I never understood step tubes on a RAV...it just don't seem to be any higher off the ground than a car near as I can tell (haven't owned a car for 20 years though)...it is certainly much lower than any other traditional SUVs that I have owned. Your wife must be pretty small to need them...she should try my off-road truck, she would need a ladder for that one!
  • Does leather package increase cushion of the seats? Can you request additional cushion added to front seats?