Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey Towing/Trailer Hitch Questions

1235»

Comments

• Also one last note - Some Odyssey hitches require the rear facia panel to be trimmed. If you are nervous about cutting out the plastic body work below the bumper you may find that is necessary.
  • Hi. I'm new to this forum, but it seemed like a good place to post my question. I have a 2012 Odyssey with the Honda dealer-installed towing package. I'm looking at travel trailers or hybrid travel trailers (trying to avoid tent trailers) with dry weights in the low 2000+ lbs range. I've been wading through manufacturers' web sites looking for something light enough to tow with our family of 4 in the van.

Anyone have suggestions? I know Chalet has some options.
  • richardl5richardl5 Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    The lightweight hard side trailer that many of us use is the T@B (capacity 2 people) or T@DA (Capacity 2-4 people depending on model). The T@DA is no longer made since 2010 so you would be looking at a used trailer. Info on these is available via the Yahoo T@B group or the Facebook T@B and T@DA group. I'm a contributor on both those groups and can put you in touch with owners and trailers for sale. These are appropriate for an Odyssey and very cute. You will need to fit a brake controller for these trailers as they have electric brakes but any good RV shop can do it for you. Look here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/87969923985/ or here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tabtrailers/
  • Thanks for the tip on the T@DA. I'll check it out!
    Anyone else have suggestions?
  • Hello everyone, I am considering towing a 3000lbs camping trailer 21 hours away to northern Ontario with my 2002 odyssey with 300000k on it.
    It's rated for towing up to 3500lbs, I have an electric brake, and I believe there was a recall on it where they added a tranni cooler.

What do you all think? Do you think I will have any issues?
  • cjlcancjlcan Posts: 1
    I only want to install the trailer hitch for attaching the bike mount, I have no intention to towing anything. In this case does it matter whether I install at the dealer or U-Haul or similar places?

I read about it potentialling voiding warranty that tranny cooler is not installed. Does it apply if I just want the hitch for bike mount?

Thanks.
  • Looking for some advice. I have 2012 odyssey just purchased certified with low mileage from dealer, so it's going to be covered by warranty for a good long while. Going to have dealer install Honda tow package including the transmission cooler.
    I am looking to tow a 1000 lb utility vehicle on a utility trailer for 100 miles maybe once or twice a month.

I have yet to purchase the trailer and here is my question.
    Do I purchase lightweight single axle 6x 12 trailer that weighs 750 lbs without trailer brakes? Makes for 1750 lb combined towing weight.
    Or do I purchase double axle 6x12 trailer with trailer brakes that raises weight of trailer to 1400lbs? Making for combined towing weight of 2400 lbs?

Service manager at dealership recommended the single axle trailer without brakes to keep the weight as low as possible.

Any advice appreciated!
1235»