Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Mods

Comments

• philsarsphilsars Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing an Eclipse GT in the US, due to the very favourable exchange rate (roughly $8,000 CDN savings after accounting for the GST requirement at the border, plus customs levies); but apparently the US model doesn't meet Canadian bumper requirements (the intercooler can be damaged in an 8 km/h impact); does anyone know the approximate cost I'd be facing to bring the vehicle in line w/ Canadian bumper requirements?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,940
    Check out the Importing Car into Canada from US discussion while waiting for responses to your bumper question. Especially the warranty posts.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gts_08gts_08 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! I'm new here so i'm kinda still learning the ropes. I have an '03 Eclipse GTS and am thinking about putting in a K&N air filter. Will it increase the performance of the car? Thanks for any input.
  • Is there anything I need to know before I buy one?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,940
    Check out the Mitsubishi 3000GT help discussion too.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• i own a 2006 eclipse gs and was wondering if any one has come across a bolt-on kit yet, or if you have heard of any developments of a turbo kit. my car is set up for a turbo and ready to go. its just a matter of time now.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,403
  • Hi. I have a 1996 3000GT non-turbo. I would like to add a twin turbo sytem to it and was wondering what i would have to do to the engine(if anything) so it could handle the turbos. Also what a good site for Turbos.

-Woodchuck
  • i've been considering throwing a Venom 400 chip in my new baby, basically looking for a relatively cheap upgrade with maximimum horsepower, any suggestions? and is $299 a good price for it?
  • jntowiejntowie Posts: 1
    My dealership in Edmonton gave me some sites:
    link title
    link title
    and link title
  • I would go out and buy a 6G72DETT from a used jdm engine supplier along with the tranny and ecm.. It would be probally the cheapest way to add a turbo charger to your car.

Dan
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I'm gonna have to agree with dan on this engine, ecu and trans.

-mike
  • roiroi Posts: 2
    hey i m planning to buy 06-up Mitsubishi Eclipse Halo Projector Headlights /w LED (Pair)Black but i m looking for stores that carry this product and i live in Toronto ....if n e one knows bout this headlight let me know
  • I have a 96 3000GT with a strong engine and new trans but would like to get a little better throttle response/initial acceleration. Are there any easy relatively inexpensive modifications that could accomplish this? K&N filter?, cold air induction, cat back exhaust etc. Will any of these make any noticeable changes? Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,403
    RAM air, rather than cold air, might give you better throttle response on the low end. A K&N does nothing but make noise unless that's coupled with intake mods of some kind.

I'm not sure about a larger throttle body. I hear all kinds of conflicting data on that...

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Actually a K&N will give you better throttle response and combined with a CAI will also help. Horsepower gains on the other hand are better accomplished through CAI + K&N + Exhaust modifications. Essentially you are allowing it to breathe and exhaust air and fuel faster and therefore increase your HP, if you only do half the equation you will only gain in throttle response.

As for RamAir, that is not something easily or cheaply accomplished in the aftermarket and essentially doesn't really help a whole lot in terms of HP. Forced induction (Supercharging or Turbo) gives significant HP gains but are very expensive to do correctly and often involves a lot of modifications to the motor, cooling system oil system and sometimes the body of the car itself.

-mike
    Motorsports and Tuning Host
  • hey i got a website for performance .... go to www.autocityimports.com they carry everything from flywheels intakes exhaust strut bars antisway bars to nitrous systems i already got a full magnaflow exhaust and injen cold air intake take my advice and if u want to juice up the body they even have a body kit .
This discussion has been closed.