Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Mods

2»

Comments

• jntowiejntowie Posts: 1
    My dealership in Edmonton gave me some sites:
    link title
    link title
    and link title
  • I would go out and buy a 6G72DETT from a used jdm engine supplier along with the tranny and ecm.. It would be probally the cheapest way to add a turbo charger to your car.

Dan
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I'm gonna have to agree with dan on this engine, ecu and trans.

-mike
  • roiroi Posts: 2
    hey i m planning to buy 06-up Mitsubishi Eclipse Halo Projector Headlights /w LED (Pair)Black but i m looking for stores that carry this product and i live in Toronto ....if n e one knows bout this headlight let me know
  • I have a 96 3000GT with a strong engine and new trans but would like to get a little better throttle response/initial acceleration. Are there any easy relatively inexpensive modifications that could accomplish this? K&N filter?, cold air induction, cat back exhaust etc. Will any of these make any noticeable changes? Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,619
    RAM air, rather than cold air, might give you better throttle response on the low end. A K&N does nothing but make noise unless that's coupled with intake mods of some kind.

I'm not sure about a larger throttle body. I hear all kinds of conflicting data on that...

Actually a K&N will give you better throttle response and combined with a CAI will also help. Horsepower gains on the other hand are better accomplished through CAI + K&N + Exhaust modifications. Essentially you are allowing it to breathe and exhaust air and fuel faster and therefore increase your HP, if you only do half the equation you will only gain in throttle response.

As for RamAir, that is not something easily or cheaply accomplished in the aftermarket and essentially doesn't really help a whole lot in terms of HP. Forced induction (Supercharging or Turbo) gives significant HP gains but are very expensive to do correctly and often involves a lot of modifications to the motor, cooling system oil system and sometimes the body of the car itself.

-mike
    Motorsports and Tuning Host
  • hey i got a website for performance .... go to www.autocityimports.com they carry everything from flywheels intakes exhaust strut bars antisway bars to nitrous systems i already got a full magnaflow exhaust and injen cold air intake take my advice and if u want to juice up the body they even have a body kit .
  • go to www.autocityimports.com they carry the headlights ur looking for if u want a more aggressive look get he halo projectors with some eyelids it looks hot
  • i called a greddy and they are yet to make a turbo for all of the 2006+ eclipses :( how sad right but i know where ya'll can find parts for any import jsut email me @ tohagg1011@aol.com
  • ok upgrades there are a ton!!!!just gotta know where to look a good we site is autocityimports.com great web site a turned a 162 horsepower stock in to 200horsepower eclipse but iam still doing bolts ons yet to find a turbo what i can recommend is to cutom build ur own a great perfromance upgrade is to a nitrous kit which will give u about 100hp if u know how to use it and thats not consitant that for about 3-10 seconds NX makes a great on and Zex makes the best i ahven't used one on this ride yet but i used one on my 98 camaro supercharged with a 75 shot and my 95 neon (with eclipse V6 motor swap) with a 50 shot and good gaines but be careful b/c it can blow ur motor ... so any parts u need i can find them hit me up @ tohagg1011@aol.com
  • GREDDY is supposedly making one u can get one custom made for about 3k to 5k now they do make a supercharger for this amazing ride but like all applications be careful ... a bolt on kit for for a turbo is yet to be released even though greddy made a concept for the 2006 GT it isn't released yet! why is beyond me ya know eclipse is a pouplar car so plan in a year or so they will have so many parts it will be crazy but if u want some great bolt on parts email me @ tohagg1011@aol.com
    eclipseboi, please do not advertise on here as it is against the rules. It's great to provide information but selling here is against the rules. Thanks.

-mike
  • I bought a set of projector/halo lights from an ebay seller named "assembleweb" and they are really great. With about 5 minutes of grinding work with my dremel tool, they also adapted to my HID bulbs and look super.

Don't know if he has them in black, as mine are chrome, but you can search ebay and see. There are lots of sellers of lights there, but this guy shipped fast and the quality is excellent. They have been in my car for a couple of months and I have had no problems with moisture or anything else.
  • Does anyone know of a short throw shifter that works with the 06 Eclipse GT 6 speed?
  • There are a lot of arguements for and against this product by actual users of it, but if you read the instructions and look critically at the wiring diagram you see that basically this thing just fools the ecu into a wide open throttle mode. It may "feel" good, but doesn't really do much.
  • I need to find some upgrades for my Lancer. Does anyone know where I can find them
2»
This discussion has been closed.