Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru / SPT Mods

2»

Comments

• hey mines a Ltd too. fully loaded which makes it a dog. and as for chat ill try to look at it tomorrow. you done anything to yours.
    on another note, do you know of a adaptor for the six disk changer to adapt over to a regular imput on an aftermarket player

Steve
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,983
    The Subaru Crew chat is a weekly event - almost every Thursday night.

Mine just putts around town and I barely drive it until Bogus opens. I haven't filled it up since July 1. :-)

Check out the Sound Systems - Aftermarket & OEM Upgrades discussion for adapter questions.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Also check out Cobb Tuning; they specialize in Subaru upgrades. They have a Stage 1 kit that is supposed to bump the hp to 290 with just an ECU mod (using a neat AccessECU thingy that lets you choose from a variety of maps, including a "valet" (aka "teenager") map), and they are working on a Stage 2 kit which adds an exhaust kit to the Stage 1 kit for a boost to 305hp. Price for the Stage 1 kit is a bit cheaper than Vishnu, plus you have the ability to flash back the stock map if you need to have warranty work done... :D
  • >Also, does anyone here know how fas the sportshift >transmission changes gears???? Both in the S mode and >changing gear manually.....

Howdy,
    When the SPORTSHIFTs are in S mode the tranny simply shifts at a higher rpm than it normally would.
    When there in manual mode there's a little less than a second delay from when you hit the control (either the shifter or the wheel buttons) to when the car upshifts. Just enough time to plunge the thing into the red >:)

SaberKat
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,161
    Does anyone know if the standard radio (on an '06 SE) has an aux jack on the back? I'm considering buying one, and am wondering if I have any options to hardwire an ipod into the head unit, since I hate the way FM modulation works in my area.

I don't care about anything fancy (like having the radio control anything but volume), I really just want an Aux jack to plug into. If it is there, shouldn't be too hard to pull out the head unit, and fish the wire to someplace convenient. I assume there are kits that will plug right into the ipod and supply power, since there seems to ne an accessory for just about everything else.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• sakurasakura Posts: 4

Join other Subaru enthusiasts in the Subaru Crew Owners Club!
2»
This discussion has been closed.