Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are The Top 6 Luxury Brands?

bigo08bigo08 Posts: 102
To me the top 6 lux brands are... Mercedes.BWW.Jaguar.Cadillac.Lincoln.Infiniti and Lexus.

Rank them from best to worst. ;)

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Here's my Top 6 :shades:

#1 Cadillac
    #2 Buick
    #3 Saab
    #4 Volvo
    #5 Lincoln
    #6 Hyundai

-Rocky
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,173
    at Rocky's list, here's my list

Bentley
    Maybach/Mercedes
    Maserati
    Audi
    BMW
    Lexus

...Infiniti
    ...Acura
    ...Volvo
    ...VW
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    #1 Cadillac
    #2 Lexus
    #3 Mercedes
    #4 BMW
    #5 Lincoln
    #6 Buick
  • ...on what "luxury" means to someone. Cushy ride and opulent interiors? Sharp handling? Latest technology and gadgets? Loads of room? If engaging handling and style is important, then Lexus may or not make the list depending on model, but BMW does. However, if a nice ride and latest technology is important, then Lexus does make the list, and BMW might be out. Actually, BMW might be out just because of the iDrive.

Is money going to be a determinant in this thread, or can we pretend we're an oil sheik?

"Luxury" changes depending on my mood. Some days I want the handling and interior of a BMW. Other days I want the luxo-boat living room of a Cadillac DTS.
    performance. A brand that "As a whole" brings top notch interior design and mat'ls, gadgetology, amenities, build quality, panache, etc.. Heck if performance were the critieria alone, I'd be throwing in Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche but I wouldn't call a Ferrari a luxury car...

I get a chuckle out of seeing SAAB and Buick as top 6 luxury brands. Saab has about as much cache as EAGLE. And if the CTS were the definition of Caddy well quality... then a 14 thousand dollar Kia Spectra is a luxury car. :blush:

lol, we all have our choices though. :shades:
    anythingbutgm, your making me feel bad enough I'll revise it just for you. ;)

#1 Cadillac
    #2 Saab
    #3 Buick
    #4 Holden
    #5 GMC Denali
    #6 Hummer
    #7 Opel
    #8 Pontiac
    #9 Chevrolet

GIGANTIC GAP

#10 Geely
    #11 Chery
    #12 Brickland

Small Gap

#13 Hyundai

big gap

#14 Lincoln
    #15 Acura
    #16 Lexus
    #17 Mercedes
    #18 Infiniti
    #19 Audi
    #20 Aston Martin

-Rocky
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    No guidance given, so had to look in dictionary.

Luxury - the use and enjoyment of the best and most costly things that offer the most physical comfort and satisfaction.

Rolls Royce
    Bentley
    Maybach
    Mercedes (top end model, most expensive)
    Lexus (top end model, most expensive)

Folks buying these cars should have the ability to write a check (or have their accountant do) for the full amount of purchase and not quibble about the price. Also, they should not even have to go to the showroom to audition the car nor be concerned about spending their own time on mundane matters such as servicing.
    Meh, I don't think Rolls is up there any more. Sure they are super "luxed-out" but I don't think the brand has the cache it used to. Kinda got too comfortable with their position. Besides, who actually drives a Rolls anyways? Usually you are driven around in those.

Well it is above Rocky's selections at least. :P
    I hope you know I was only kidding on my line-up.... ;)

-Rocky
    1. Cadillac
    2. Buick
    3. Chrysler
    4. Lexus
    5. Lincoln
    6. Mercedes-Benz
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Whoever came up with this title is making this awfully hard. Since currently in the luxury market there are 7 major players (not including the niche manufactures), so to name 6 that means one has to be left out. Anyway, here are my lists...

LUXURY ORIENTED luxury brands:

1. MB
    2. Lexus
    3. BMW
    4. Cadillac
    5. Audi
    6. Acura

PERFORMANCE ORIENTED luxury brands:

1. BMW
    2. Infiniti
    3. Audi
    4. MB
    5. Acura
    6. Lexus
    ...aren't even on my list even if I could afford them. Buying one is like marrying a Vegas showgirl. She may be hot, a lot of fun, and make your friends envious of you, but they are impractical, unreliable, and will take you for all they can.
    Yeah, I figured that. lol
    #1 Cadillac
    #2 Acura
    #3 Audi
    #4 Lexus
    #5 Mercedes/Maybach
    #6 BMW
  • My "realistic - I'm not an oil sheik" list might be pretty close to rockylee's last list (post #15) except that I might sub Volvo for Acura, just b/c I don't like Acura's interior styling, take all or nothing packaging, or our local dealership.

Sad to say that Lincoln isn't a player, anymore.
  • ryan77300dryan77300d Posts: 64
    1- Mercedes
    2- Lexus
    3- BMW
    4- Audi/VW
    5- Aston Martin
    6- Infinity
  • goodegggoodegg Posts: 905
    Different strokes - Acura's loaded concept works for me. You're probably the only person I've ever seen on these boards that knocks Acura's interior. They're one of the best in the business. Lincoln? A Ford interior? Ouch.
  • tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,737
    I'm going to limit myself to "mainstream" luxury brands:

Qualifiers
    - this is what luxury means to me
    - I'm not factoring in reliability

1 - MB
    2 - Lexus
    3 - Audi
    4 - BMW
    5 - Acura
    6 - Caddy
  • grylexis300grylexis300 Posts: 53
    1 Cadillac
    #2 Acura
    #3 Audi
    #4 Lexus
    #5 Mercedes/Maybach
    #6 BMW

how in the world does cadillac make it to the top???? they don't have a single car that has ever finished higher than a lexus in just about any comparo in my memory. holy smokes this is absolutely absurd. i know, cadillac CTS was in bad boys II and matrix reloaded so i guess i has to be at the top.

oh my goodness.

let's approach this how consumer reports would approach this. hands down, lexus has the most recommended cars on this planet and every bell and whistle available on their cars. not to mention the air conditioner and stereo systems in lexus vehicles are really top notch. they can only be matched not surpassed in any possible way. even the air con in an IS300 can kick the daylights out of any 3 series aircon including the M3. on a hot steamy day you folks can drive your buicks and cadillacs and i'll take any lexus. lexus is the truly the epitome of perfection.

top luxury brands

#1 LEXUS
    #2 BMW
    #3 ACURA
    #4 INFINITI
    #5 AUDI
    #6 MERCEDES BENZ
  • grylexis300grylexis300 Posts: 53
    I'm going to limit myself to "mainstream" luxury brands:

Qualifiers
    - this is what luxury means to me
    - I'm not factoring in reliability

1 - MB
    2 - Lexus
    3 - Audi
    4 - BMW
    5 - Acura
    6 - Caddy

dude, if you factor in reliability MB doesn't even crack the top 6. they can't even hang with a chrysler 300M. wait, if you drive a MB you are kind of driving a chrysler or no?? we'd have to change this list to....

lexus
    infiniti
    toyota
    Acura
    Honda
    Nissan

nobody else is worthy of being on this list even if luxury is totally sacrificed.