Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tahoe Suburban Tires and Sensors

2»

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Hopefully this is still under warranty.......if so, insist on the dealership fixing this, as it will be hard to ever sell without.

You either have two problems as the lights are telling you, or you potentially have a bad instrument panel cluster.
  • vickileevickilee Posts: 2
    Well thank you. It's back at the dealership right now but it is not still under warranty. My bad luck I guess. I'll ask them about the "bad instrument panel cluster". Thanks so much.
  • danno7danno7 Posts: 1
    I've looked for an appropriate discussion but found none so....

50K on the BS Duelers that came with my 05 Tahoe.
    Happy with wear and traction but thought I'd check with others in a forum to see if there is any kind of consensus.
    I occasionally do minor off-roading, no beach activities. Sometimes need to handle heavy snow conditions.

Any input will be appreciated.
  • hello!

I have a 2007 tahoe z-71 4x4. I currently have the stock 20" rim and tires (p265/65 r18) that it came with.

I'm looking to upgrade and want to give it a more aggressive look. I'm not looking to raise or lower it, just keep the z-71 suspension.

the two wheels that I'm looking at are:
    liquid metal rhino / 20 x 9
    mb wheels v-drive / 20 x 9

the two tires I'm looking at are:
    road hugger xrt / 275 / 55r-20
    cooper zeon ltz / 275 / 55r-20

my question is are these wheels and tires going to fit and look good on my tahoe? I want more of an all terrain look of the tires... not a "street" look

if these aren't the tires... what tires would you recommend? thanks!
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    My Z71 4x4 Tahoe has the stock 265 65 18 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires

I got a GIANT nail in one today - Discount tire was able to patch it - tires only have 13,500 miles on them.

While I was at the tire store I priced out a a set of Michelin LTX M&S2 tires - had these on my last Tahoe - they were very good.

Drive out price (they are allowing a trade in credit on my Bridgestone tires) is $800.

Anyone replaced their Bridgestone A/T tires with Michelin (or anything else) ?

Did you notice any improvement in the ride / handling?

I have always thought these Brigestone A/T tires were crap - this looks like a chance to get a new set of tires for a decent price.

But if I will not see much improvement then it would be a dumb waste of money.
  • zboaterzboater Posts: 17
    I am having a lot of vibration after changing the tires on my ’09 Suburban 2500 and looking for ideas. I have the factory 2500 wheels, and the original OEM tires were Bridgestone Duravis M700 265/70R17 (E). I was talked into replacing them with the Michelin LTX M/S2 265/70R17 (E). I have had a full alignment done and all is in spec. They have re-balanced the wheels 3 times now - 1 time on the road balance machine to balance under load. They are inflated to factory spec. They have verified that they are using the right weights for the wheel. I still have a ton of shaking in the seat (the passenger seat, seatbelt, etc. you can see vibrating extensively). I noticed the new tires are only 48lbs each (vs 54 lbs for the old ones), and the width of the new ones are 10.7" (vs 11.1" for the old ones). The car never shook for 65K miles before this and only started the day after I changed tires. What else could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the ideas.
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 785
    Can you tell if the vibration is coming from the front (steering wheel) or the rear (seat back)?

If the rear, then I suspect u joints or some other drivetrain issue.

If the front, it may well be tires (or wheels) - and a simple front to rear rotation ought to change (and confirm) this.
2»