Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy HHR Interior Problems

1235»

Comments

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,251
    Mine is pretty quiet (and is/was advertised as such). Do you perhaps have a door thats is not closed completely? Maybe a door seal has something wrong with it (just a quess).
  • link to replacement door handles for 06 -2010 chev HHR
    http://www.1aauto.com/1A/DoorHandleInterior/Chevy/HHR
    hope that helps.
    Cost is 95.00 still way to high for a piece of plactic but beats the 500 GM wants for a door panel.
  • I have been having some of the same problems with my 2009 HHR. The car leaks somehow onto the floor, the car shakes in a cyclical fashion when I am stopped, the door handle broke, and the check engine light goes on sometimes, and not others, water stains on the upholstery, and window washer fluid not getting to the back window (though that is rather minor). Also, the car shaking when it is stopped happens sometimes, and not others. It seems random. I read earlier in this thread that someone resealed the windows and actually got the leaking to stop. I could also see how leaking could be causing various other problems with the cars that have been described. I am going to get ALL the windows resealed, check the roter, and the cylinder to see if either have been or are being affected by unusual amounts of water, and epoxy the door handle with PC10. Hopefully this will fix the problems. It also seems like the radio problems people have been having could possibly be water related. Oh, and I do not have a sunroof. That may make the water leaking worse, but more then the sunroof must be leaking in the cars. It is upsetting that there is no recall on the handle, because it is an obvious safety problem that seems widespread. There should also be some sort of knowledge of the seals needing to be redone at the dealer level, so that they can be fixed, and not start cause worse problems that would turn ppl away completely from buying any American cars. Honestly this is the first car that I have had these problems with, and most have been American, and it sadly still does make me feel the same way. I will follow up to let people know if resealing all the windows helps stop the leaking, so at least we can find some sort of a solution to what is going on with the cars.
  • Thank you for posting, hhrowner1,

I see you are on your way to resolving the leaking concern you (and others) have described. I hope that you are able to find a satisfactory resolution. If we can be of any assistance (by looking into warranty/recall information or by assisting in working with a dealership towards a resolution), please email us your name/user name, contact information, last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Did you ever get any resolve this matter from GM/Chevy? I have had the same problem with my Chevy HHR (2007) since I bought a new off the showroom floor. I have taken it into the dealer 12 to 15 times the same air-conditioner issues. I got frustrated with them not doing anything to fix the problem stop taking it to the dealership about two years ago. I'm taking it in today for the first time since them. They have in the past replaced the carpets, The radio, they even took it to another dealership to replace seals around the window, But still never fixed the problem. Taking it again in now...we'll see....
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,078
    Hello blfender,

We see that you're planning on going to the dealership soon. We're sorry that you're having issues with your HHR. If you would like for us to look into any recalls or warranty information, we would be more than happy to do so. If you're interested, please email your VIN and mileage to socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,162
    edited August 2013
    >http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1d1639/7#MSG7

[B]Chances are 99% that water in passenger side floorboard is due to failure of a rubber cover that is over a square hole that is underneath the plastic cowel. This cheapo cover fails and channels water directly into heater compartment through the cabin filter. Failures of heater motor and / or fan resistor is directly related.

Since the rubber sheet is a piece of crap, I replaced the rubber sheet with a piece of stainless steel with silcon sealer around it. No more leaks. About a month later, I had to replace fan motor - rust on it confirmed water damage. Also replaced fan resistor which was burned out by excessive current from failing heater motor overload. You will also have to replace the cabin air filter because it will be saturated. [/B]

Is this describing your leak? When you mentioned fan motor deteriorated from water hitting it, I thought of this. I have a Cobalt, but I took off the plastic cowl to see how it was designed underneath and if I needed to repair this before the cover deteriorated. It's designed differently.

But read the forum's posts to see if this will help.

Also google hhr cowl leak to see the fixes you find in various discussions.

To remove the windshield wipers to lift the cowl, I had to purchase small pullers made for wipers--I believe at OReilly. And there are some that are listed as battery cable pullers/wiper pullers.

Here's a diagram that may help:
    [img]http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/0505021T10-014.JPG[/img- - ]
    or try this

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/0505021T10-014.JPG
1235»