Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mmhdmmhd Posts: 2
    We are looking at a 2009 Enclave at a dealership in Burlington, NC -- about an hour from us.

It is pretty fully loaded -- entertainment package 4, nav/dvd, back up camera, white diamond color, etc.

Sticker is $47,905. Need to know what is a good price to offer. From what I'm reading, I shouldn't expect them to come down much from sticker...? I did the TMV report on Edmunds and it said:

MSRP: $47,140
    Invoice: $44,007
    What Others Are Paying: $43,876

Also, this is a "demo car" and it has 1,100 miles on it. Hoping that might help in the negotiation. We want the 0% financing, too.

Thanks for any help! We are going in tomorrow (9/5).
  • I suspect that 'Supplier Pricing' is essentially the internet pricing deal.

I called GM corporate. Supplier Pricing is a 'no haggle' price from both sides. Dealer gets to move the vehicle at a price that is below what we know as the Dealers Invoice plus the marketing costs that the dealer considers part of its invoice. GM reimburses the dealer for the amount below the Edmunds figure for dealer invoice plus marketing. Buyer gets the 'no haggle' deal but, once the buyer specifies that they qualify and will invoke it, can't get a lower price on the new car purchase. Once the buyer identifies the transaction is to be in the Supplier Pricing Program, the dealer also can't sell it for more than the program price. Apparently, there is only wiggle room for vehicles with a "Price Effective Date" that falls before some GM cut-off that resets with some monthly (?) frequency and appears to be 3 months prior to the effective date of the reset.

I understood GM corporate to tell me that there is no corporate constraint on pricing of deals NOT in the Supplier Pricing program -- the dealer can sell at whatever price is economically feasable for them to do so. If they can move their vehicles in the local market at Supplier Pricing, there is little motivation for them to haggle lower. In this market (not as much impacted by the recession), apparently they have confidence they can move them. In other areas hit hard by the recession, I suggest that there might be motivation to sell at a lower price than Supplier Pricing, but those deals have to be done outside of that program.

Of course, falling outside this Supplier Pricing talk are any national incentives -- those have no effect on dealer profit. Make sure when the salesman quotes you a price you find out whether it is before/after incentives, destination, etc. Also, of course, trade-in allowance can be adjusted to get the sale and does not seem affected by the corporate constraints on the new car price under the Supplier Pricing Program. The Supplier Pricing Program locks in an at-least invoice price for the dealer, and at an implied cost, provides the participant purchaser a no-haggle price. You the buyer get a rip-off but feel better about it.

After reading through my post, it might seem that I speak with authority. Consider there to be a question mark after every assertion. I am as lost as the next guy. Post what you know -- I need to learn! Remember that these dealers somehow get rich despite selling at some of the lowball deals reported in forum posts that would be eating into holdbacks.
  • Hi, I am about to purchase a 2009 CXL with moonroof, backup camera and sensors pkg, power folding mirror pkg and entertainment #1pkg:

MSRP $42,100
    purchase price of $39,400 (500 below invoice and Edmunds TMV price)
    less 2,000 incentive
    less 500 cash incentive in lieu of 60 day guaranteed return program
    final price $36,900 plus TT&L

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • OK... trivial to some, but IMPORTANT to me. I read, re-read the Owner's Manual.
    I ma a techno-crat, so no problem with computers, functioning of my Enclave.

Oh yeah... it's CXL White Diamond, palomino leather, ... loaded to the gills.... can't load it with anything else, 'cept maybe a coffee maker!

Prieviously, I owned a Rendevous. I was able to chart my distance, but simply pushing a button... I would RE-SET it to ZERO. Then, when the Mapquest said 3.7, I was able to watch the meter till 3.7 miles. I cannot do this with the Enclave. Anyone out there experience this?

It was helpful having that function.

Thank You for the input.
  • Trip odometer would do that unless I am not understanding you are wanting. My Outlook has 2 trip odometers.

bill
  • blendblend Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of a Luxury and Fuel Inefficient Surcharge? I am in the state of NJ and the dealer wanted to tack on an additional .4%. Normally, NJ sales tax is 7%, not 7.4%. Any response would be appreciated.
  • My part of the Midwest seems to be lacking in Buick Enclave Dealer inventory. Is this just a problem in my area or are other parts of the country experiencing the same thing? Are they selling that fast or is Buick producing them at a slower rate?
  • it is there
    under the radio there are 4 buttons, first one is a check
    press the forth one and the display in the center of the dash between the tach and speedometer will change. The second or third item is trip odimeter

to rest it press the check button
  • Hi blend. Unfortunately I believe that the additional tax that you mentioned is legit. The state of New Jersey is having terrible financial problems and I remember reading an article about it adding that surcharge on vehicles I believe some time last year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Tornado,

Major inventory problems in the NorthEast also. I did multiple checks in 3 syrrounding states to NJ and minimal available (especially LX1 models). There is OK stock on entry CX models though.

Thx,
    Anthony
  • Blend,

The wonderful taxing state of NJ (especially Corzine) was at it again last year...any vehicle with an MSRP of $45000+ gets hit with an extra .4% sales tax. Just another way to tax to pay for more entitlements!

I just purchased a 2010 LX2 Diamond Tri-coat with MSRP of 48,300 (demo model).

After rebates (including Lexus) - paid 43,750 with 60 month 1.9% financing. Could have paid about $5 less per month if I went with Lexus 0% financing, but would rather have a lower principle loan amount in case I sell it early or total the truck.

Thx,
    Anthony
  • I posted this in the lease section by mistake - any thoughts would be great:

We have the following offer from a dealer in NY to purchase an enclave. They will order this car for us.

2010 Enclave CXL2
    Black
    Hit the road package
    Sunroof
    19" wheels
    DVD nav (dropdown screen, not seat back)
    AWD
    2 Way advance remote

MSRP 50,920
    His offer: $48,250
    Rebates TBD depending on what they are next month when it arrives.

any thoughts on this deal?
  • chuckgechuckge Posts: 1
    You might want to check out LAFAYETTE BAY COMPANY..
    beatthedealer.net or Google it...they do fleet sales and the price is 50$ over dealer invoice(invoice on all options) and the car
    is delivered to a dealership near you, all rebates are included
    you will need to to pay a extra 200$ fee for the courtesy fee for the dealer prep
    I have bought my last 3 gm cars from them and I'll never buy from a dealer again
    Ordered

2010 Buick Enclave
    CXL1 AWD
    with White Dimond Tricoat
    and the Trailer Package
    Cashmere w/cocoa leather
    PCU Bose Sound System
    VK3 Front License Plate Bracket
    I PAID $41,670.. + the $200

Good luck
  • Has anyone been able to get a dealer to try special ordering an Enclave with the GM adaptive cruise or the blind zone system? It seems like a fine car otherwise, but without those minimal safety items I can not rationalize buying it.
  • nissanznissanz Posts: 21
    edited May 2010
    Looking for a Buick Enclave in TX. Got the following deal from a dealer. Would like to know if this is a good deal

2010 Buick Enclave CXL-1
    FWD
    Cocoa Metallic/Cashmere leather
    Nav, Bose, leather with dual sunroof/moonroof, remote starter
    trailering package

Dealer offer $40200+ttl+free car washes and detailing for 3 years. (after all rebates)
  • realno6realno6 Posts: 5
    Buick Enclave sold in China for 87,753.5USD,How do you American think about it.
    This model sold bloody good in China,the dealer even charge for 5,000USD more than the official price,and waited for 1-3month,it really happened in China.God bless America.
  • rrt1rrt1 Posts: 9
    I am looking at a 2010 Enclave MSRP 43,650.00. What would be a good price to offer. The dealers first offer was 41,150. I think this is including the rebate?
  • akg4yakg4y Posts: 16
    That beatthedealer.net site looks like a total scam... buyer beware.
  • I have been in touch with GM marketing managers and they state that no adaptive cruise control or blind spot information system is available now or will be available on the 2011 Acadia or Enclave. I will have to wait to see what the 2011 Ford Explorer looks like and what will be available on it - so far they are ahead of the curve in advanced safety features for US manufacturers as well as many Asian and European manufacturers.
  • mikejlmikejl Posts: 78
    I contacted the guy at beatthedealer.net for a price on an Enclave. I can easily beat his price with a supplier or credit union discount. I got no pressure from him and he hasn't followed up with any additional communications, so I wouldn't call it a scam, but it wasn't a good deal for me at all.

In my area, Enclaves disappear almost as fast as they hit the dealer's lot. Dealers have little incentive to offer great deals, so I'm thinking the supplier discount may be the best I can hope for right now.
  • rrt1rrt1 Posts: 9
    what is the supplier discount?
  • mikejlmikejl Posts: 78
    GM offers a supplier discount program to employees of some or all of their suppliers. It would be offered through your employer if it applied.

The same discount is offered through many credit unions, as well.

The price is not negotiable if you invoke the discount, which leaves you at some amount over invoice. In the past, I have been able to swing a better deal without using the supplier discount, but on this model, at this time, I can't.

A nice feature of the discount program is that I can get authorization for a friend or family member to participate in the program if I first use the discount to purchase a vehicle myself. So, even if you do not work for a GM supplier, you may know someone who can help you take advantage of this program.
  • I am getting an offer of $37K excluding any rebates on a CXL-1 AWD with no extra options. Is that a good deal or I have room for a little bit more negotiation there?
    Thanks in advance.
  • aclongoaclongo Posts: 6
    I purchased an LX2 in March with the following:

6,000 demo miles (warranty to 56,000 and 106,000 miles in writing)

White Diam Paint
    Nav
    DVD Ent
    Articulating Headlights
    Heat/Cooled
    Sunroofs
    20" Rims
    FWD

MSRP - 48,300
    Negotiated - 45,500
    Rebates - 1,000 cash back + 1,000 Lexus conquest
    Total - 43,500 with 1.9% special finance for 60 months

Good luck to all!
  • js06gvjs06gv Frisco, TXPosts: 187
    Helped negotiate a deal for my sister on a 2010 Quicksilver/Ebony CXL1 dealer demo with 2,600 miles on it. Only option was the cargo convenience pack for an MSRP of $39,535. After $2,500 rebate and dealer discount, she paid $33,120. This is one of he better deals I've seen and I know the end of year and demo aspects saved her quite a bit, but it looks like Enclave prices in general are finally starting to come down. Beautiful car and I'm tempted to go back and buy another one for my wife.

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• CarMan is this a good deal or do I have wiggle room, I was hoping $550/month and nothing down except minimum costs which I think work out to $1200. Went to dealership in NJ.

MSRP $41,505
    Sell Price $40,700
    Residual 46%
    Money Factor .00045
    $1500 Down
    $588/month $15K miles/39 months
  • Where did you make this purchase?
  • js06gvjs06gv Frisco, TXPosts: 187
    Classic in Carrollton, TX

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• Too far from Ohio! I found a 2010 demo today. CXL1, AWD, sunroof, and chrome clad rims. I am interested in 0% interest. 6500 miles. Thoughts on an offer?