Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• We went in today and made the down payment. We expect to take delivery some time this week as the car we want was not there yet. It was a 2011 Buick Enclave FWD Black W/ Nav, leather, 7 pass. I believe MSRP was about $44k. We negotiated a 36 month, 15k miles per year lease at $638 per month + 6.5% FL tax= $681. We are turning in a GMC Yukon Denali one month early to avoid the last month's payment of $935. The deal was 47% residual value, $1000 Conquest incentive for our 2006 Lexus, and I believe it may have included $1,500 cash incentive if the interest rate is 2.9%. We don't know the actual interest rate since they didn't run the Ally credit check while we were there. It's a done deal though since my father signed the papers agreeing to the monthly payment and they took the payment. I guess since it's a corporate lease they can do it and my father leased his GMC there last time.
  • flbeachgal,

I have a similar deal allegedly on a car not at the dealer yet.....what dealership did you go to. I am also in south florida.

thanks.
  • Hi scvmom. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact Enclave that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price, or at least this truck's dealer invoice price first.

You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello lfranco1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.9% and 44%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally (formerly known as GMAC) publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

It is much more difficult to evaluate this deal without this truck's selling price. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey flbeachgal. GMAC's (now known as Ally) October base lease rate for a 36 or 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave is 2.9%.

Car_man
    Host
  • scvmomscvmom Posts: 3
    Thanks carman! The MSRP on the car is $43650. Edmunds shows the invoice to be $41217. Again, the lease offer we used as a starting point was the "low mileage" offer they currently have running. $2359 due at signing. $399- 39 months- 39,000 miles. MSRP for that is $36390 and so the dealer said they would adjust the numbers (use the same rebates) for the vehicle I want.
  • scvmomscvmom Posts: 3
    Carman,

I just got a call back from the dealer. Says he can do $500 over invoice but can't find the exact car I want so that brings the selling price (with a couple extra options) to $42949. He quoted me $2669 down and $627 a month. This seems high to me for a 10,000 mile a year lease.
  • koko19koko19 Posts: 4
    Can someone help price out a 36 month, 12,000 mile p.a. lease for me? MSRP $45,950, Net Capitalized Cost of vehicle is $40,700. Residual value is 48%, Interest Rate 2.9%. I will pay document and mv fees, and acquisition fees out of pocket.
  • You're welcome, scvmom. Thanks for the additional information.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 AWD that has an MSRP of $43,650 and a selling price of $39,217 ($500 over dealer invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive on leases) through Ally right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $563.

It wasn't clear from your post whether the dealer was taking the $2,500 lease cash into account on your deal. Make sure that they do.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi koko19. I just crunched some numbers for you and according to my calculations if you were to lease a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL AWD that has an MSRP of $45,950 and a selling price of $40,700 through Ally right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $594.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, Thanks for the calculations. Another quick question, when G.M. is offering $1500-2000 cash back on vehicles, can I then reduce that amount from my Negotiated Sale Price to further reduce the adjusted capitalized costs. A salesman at one dealer is saying when doing a lease deal, I can't get this G.M. cash back offer. That cash back is only for cash or financed purchases?
  • pmnj1pmnj1 Posts: 1
    2011 Enclave CXL1 AWD 36 month, 12k p.a.Miles Lease MSRP is 45755 Sale Price is 44000 Residual is 49% Money Factor .00045 I will pay mv fees and other inception cost at closing.

How much should the monthly lease be ?

Thanks.
  • hi, I'm a first time car buyer/leaser. could someone help me evaluate the following offer I got from a NJ dealer for a 2011 FWD enclave with chrome wheels, sunroof and nav.? (He says they also put in extra wood embellishment in the interior.)

39 month with 12 k miles per yr
    sales tax, dmv and first month payment paid on day 1: approx $2900
    residual value: 46%
    money factor: .00045
    MSRP: $46450
    selling price: $44950

Financing provided by US Bank
    activation/acqusition fee of $695 included in monthly payment
    no security deposit, but a $350 buyout fee if elect to buy car at lease end, or $395 fee if don't buy.

many thanks!
    erin

monthly payment: $619
    Had a NJ GM dealer tell me that Ally Bank leases (36 mos/12k miles p.a.) are not attractive right now, and US Bank beats them in price all the time. US Bank supposedly has a money factor of .00045 while Ally is .0012 That's only 1.08% vs 2.9%. While its a big difference in percentage, at these interest rates it is still minimal. Also, US Bank had a 49% residual (36 mos) vs Ally at 48% (36 mos). So,again US Bank slighly better but not by much (1% on a $44k priced vehicle over 36 payments is only $12/mos). Cap Cost reductions: US Bank ($1600) and Ally ($2500). So how much cheaper is this US Bank lease really going to be vs. Ally?
  • Hi koko19. General Motors' normal consumer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program. Having said that GM often has special cash incentives that are good on leases only. In fact, GM's lease cash on the 2011 Buick Enclave is $2,500 (through 11/1)...even more than its consumer cash. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

GM is scheduled to introduce its new November programs some time tomorrow, 11/2.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi pmnj1. Using the numbers that you provided in your post, a 36 month lease on a vehicle that has an MSRP of $45,755, a selling price of $44,000, a money factor of .00045, and a residual value of 49%, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $630.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Erin. I definitely think that you can do better than this. General Motors is currently providing a $1,600 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Buick Enclave through U.S. Bank. That's right around the discount that you were given. That means that the dealer is essentially selling you this truck at full MSRP. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would want toms sort of dealer discount on top of the cash from GM.

You should look up this vehicle's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com and then offer say $500 to $1,000 over that minus the lease cash and see what happens. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may be able to find a dealer that's willing to make that deal. If not, work your way up from there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Did the $1000 Conquest incentive go away?
  • It might have, texan11. I haven't seen anything on it yet. I'll double check to see what I can find out, but there's a decent chance that it's gone.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I hear that there are aggressive holiday incentives for Enclave beginning on Monday 11/15. Anyone have more info?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.