Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• leighme1leighme1 Posts: 1
    I am working on a lease for a loaded CXL-1. The only feature I do not have is the factory installed DVD player. I am paying cash for the dealer to install their preferred system in the car (comes with 3 yr warranty through the dealer). Appears that I am paying $617.11 for 39 months. Putting $1240 cash down (which includes first payment). "Rate" says 1.5. Residual is $18,830. Total of payments $24,082.89.
  • jaredajareda Posts: 1
    I'm looking to do a high mileage lease on a loaded Enclave CXL-2 AWD or Acadia Denali (nav, dvd, etc.). I need about 30,000mi/yr. I do have access to employee pricing. Today I received a quote for 30K mi/yr; $0 down payment (although I would have $$ due at signing for 1st month +); 36month lease - $916/mnth. Does this seem right? Seems high to me - I was expecting $850ish. I noticed in another thread people seemed to focus on 39mnth leases - is there something to that? Thanks for any advice!
  • alber1alber1 Posts: 1
    39 month lease on Enclave CXL-1. 12K miles/year. MSRP $46,355. Has sunroof and DVD rear entertainment package. No navigation. White Opal with Cashmere leather. $650/month with $840 at signing which includes the first month along with tax, state fees, etc. Thanks.
  • jagman4jagman4 Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man: I just recieved the following quote and wanted to check current numbers you have. Illinois lease so tax up front:
    one month down (plus plates & doc fee), 36 month
    12,000 mile contract on a CXL -1 AWD with Sunroof and Navigation
    options.MSRP =46,040

Base Capitilized Cost43,986
    Costs added to lease =395 admin fee,taxes
    Cap Cost Reductions=2800.
    Adjusted Cap Cost =44,783 (base cap cost plus 395 admin+taxes less cap cost reduction's =2800.)
    Residula Value or % =45%
    Money Factor= 0.800

I calculate payment comes out to $600 / month.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello jagman4. The lease rate that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Ally's current base rate for it.

The cash incentive that you were quoted is correct as well.

The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks good too. It's probably fairly close to dealer invoice.

If you like the Enclave, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Car_man:
    Thanks - I am getting ready to pull the trigger and will post my final deal numbers when confirmed. This is the 3rd time I have used your blog for information and it is by far the best information out there.
    You're very welcome, jagman4. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking at a 2011 CXL-2 with sunroof, nav, DVD, 20" wheels, steps, white diamond paint, and remote start. Also includes trailer hitch (not tow package, just a hitch) and front window tint. Sticker is $50,075 plus $810 destination. Dealer is offering it for $43,882.66 + ttl, including the $2000 cash incentive. This seems like a very good price to me, but I asked what the lease payments would be for zero down (except first month pmt and title and license) and 12k mi/yr @ 39 months and he said $790(!). That can't be right.

Car-man, can you tell me what the lease payments should be on this car? (Tax here is 6.5% though I've asked if they have tax credits like Inifiniti offers.) What is the current money factor and residual? They say they are using 41% residual but didn't tell me the money factor.

Would appreciate your help. Thanks you.
    edited August 2011
    Picked up vehicle with deal as follows (Illinois so sales tax up front included in deal)
    Carbon Black with the Cashmere leather interior
    It has a sunroof, navigation, front & rear molded splash guards, cargo
    convenience package (net/shade) and trailer hitch. (approx $5,340 list in options)

MSRP = $47,130.00
    Base Capitilized Cost = $45,387.60
    Cap Cost Reductions = $2800.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost = $42,594..85
    Residual Value or % = 45%
    Monthly Payment= $629.50
    Down or Due @ Signing= $979.58*
    This includes sales tax.
    Hi ben_jammin. Wow $790 for a Buick?!?! Ouch. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 AWD that has an MSRP of $50,885 and a selling price of $43,883 through Ally right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $587.

I used a lease rate of 0.80% and a residual value of 43% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenniferandikejenniferandike Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    the dealer Msrp is 44985.00 they offered 43500.00 I think that is high. Can other in California tell me if this is a good bad deal. There is a rebate and they are giving me great value on my trade in no questions....please I want to buy this weekend but feel like the deal is not good enough. My husband thinks that having the rebate taken off the car price would save us sales tax. Can dealers do that? The lease payment would be 12,000 miles 463.97. This car has navigation, bose stereo, power sunroof with 2nd row skylight. It also has 19' chrome wheels that I care nothing about. Can they take those wheels off so I don't have to pay $1,195 for them???
  • also, the lease payment would be $463.97
  • cartalkcartalk Posts: 133
    Not knowing all the specifics of your deal, the price of the car appears high. However, it could be the value of the trade on the papers is above market and the net figure is still a decent deal.

On the surface, the car has a $2,000 rebate, so right there you already have a $500 differential above MSRP. Is this deducted already in the price? Again, the devil is in the details.

Also, you can't swap out the option chrome wheels for standard/stock wheels. I tried the same on a Enclave I was looking at and was told the wheels are tied to the VIN and sticker.
  • The MSRP was 44,985

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $44,985.00
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $38,730.00
    OPTIONS INSTALLED BY MANUFACTURER
    AUDIO SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION
    TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION
    USB PORT
    BOSE SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
    REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
    110 VOLT POWER OUTLET
    XM NAVIGATION & TRAFFIC
    *SERVICE FEE EXTRA
    *1ST 3 MONTHS INCLUDED
    $ 2,850.00
    POWER SUNROOF W/
    2ND ROW SKYLIGHT
    $ 1,400.00
    WHEELS, 19" CHROME CLAD ALUM
    $ 1,195.00
    8 PASS SEATING W/2ND & 3RD
    ROW SPLIT BENCH SEAT
    NO CHARGE
    TOTAL OPTIONS $5,445.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $44,175.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $810.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $44,985.00

They took about $1400 off $43585

It is a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles
    trade in $8000 which I think is very fair (they own a Land Rover dealership to and that is what I am turning in) and then the $2000 rebate

They did not lower the price of the car with the trade in or the rebate, that is the amount the dealer put for the down payment for the car. That is the way the deal is right now

my husband would like to see them take the $2000 and lower the price of the car with it to save in sales tax.

The residual value at the end of the three years is around $22,000
    does that information help. my husband has the paperwork
  • cartalkcartalk Posts: 133
    edited August 2011
    Is the price $43,585, less the $8K trade and then the $2K rebate?

If not, and without looking at the lease rates, this does not seem like a good deal as follows:

Your MSRP is $44,985. There is a $2,000 GM rebate. You can look at the rebate any way you want, but in this scenario, it effectively reduces the MSRP to $42,985.

They are offering to sell you the car for $43,585, or $600 OVER MSRP.

If the trade is fairly valued then this is still a bad deal IMO. Even if they bought up the trade a bit, say $1,000, you are still paying only $400 below MSRP for the vehicle.

If the rebate is net of all this, meaning the car is really $41,585 and then the trade of $8K (fairly valued), then it's $1400 below MSRP. Still not a great deal (depending on the real wholesale value of the trade).
  • Thank you. With your input we decided that the deal was not a deal at all. They new how much I liked the car and were sure I would go for it. Well, we went in a different direction. We got a great deal on another car. The dealership was willing to work with us.
  • ae7456tae7456t Posts: 1
    Car_man:

This forum is hugely helpful...Thanks for all you do to educate.

Just to confirm, from your response to ben_jammin, the current lease rate and residual for a 2011 CXL-2 AWD for 39 months/12,000 per year are 0.8% and 43% respectively?

Looks like the residual values drop (as expected) when the 2012's start arriving on the lots.

Thanks again,
    ae7456t
  • Anyone heard anything about 2011 Enclaves not being available for leasing? I have called a few dealers on Long Island and am being told the 2011 is only available for purchase and if I want to lease that I need to go with a 2012.

This sound right?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    skalek,
    I have looked into the availability for leasing a 2011 Enclave I spoke with a dealer in your area regarding this and it seems to be that the financing company doesn't want to lease an older vehicle. Dealers have different sources of financing its possible you maybe able to find a dealer that can work out a lease; however, this may take some research. I also looked into the differences between the 2011 and 2012 Enclaves and there weren’t any major changes. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to email me with further questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • You're welcome ae7456t. General Motors switched its lease support to the 2012 version of the Enclave in September.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Buick Enclave Leather AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.2% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on 39 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.