Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• Here is one I am looking into - Enclave Premium MSRP $48,060 and sales price $45,277. What would the lease terms be on this arrangement? What are typical end of lease terms with GM leases?
  • Hi windrock. It wasn't completely clear, but I think that you want me to work up a payment on this vehicle for you. Here we go. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave that has an MSRP of $48,060 and a selling price of $45,277 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $530.

Ally does not charge a disposition fee at lease-end for consumers who want to give their vehicles back, but for some reason it has been charging consumers who want to buy their vehicles at lease-end and exorbitant fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man what are the current money factor and residual for the 2013 enclave leather FWD. I'm looking for 10,000 miles and either 24,36, or 39 month lease. Thanks
  • shaker58shaker58 Posts: 120
    I have 6 months left on enclave and would like to return early and get new one.

Can you please give lease numbers on 36months/12k if there is a better program let me know.
    what rebates would apply?
  • hoodsurferhoodsurfer Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car Man,

First thank you for doing what you do on here. I saved $50 a month on a lease of a Sonata last year. I found what other people were getting and called around until some one gave us that rate. Amazing how one dealer laughs at us but the next calls us back and it's a done deal.

I tried to find a calculator but for some reason it's not working. I am looking at a 2013 Enclave Premium Group. MSRP $51,240 and a final price $49,740. Lease of 36/39 months and 15,000 miles. I am thinking they would give a better rate for a 39 month, but who knows. I don't have a GM car already so nothing with Ally already. Seems there is only a $1,500 discount now. Unless you see something else?

Also I am thinking we could get $10,000 out of our trade in. I know it's best not to put a down payment or trade in, we didn't on our other car. But we have so many issues with the current vehicle I just absolutely don't want to deal with private selling it and want to just get rid of it.

Thanks!
  • Dear Car Man,

Thank you so much for the nice service you are offering. I am negotiating a deal on a 2013 Enclave leather group. Please tell me what a good deal on a lease should be with $0 down and 24 months 12k per year.

Need to know payment before tax and fair residual value.

The 3# are as follow:

MSRP is $44050. Sale price is 42020 and incentives are $4870. Dealer fees of $1370 which includes acquisition. Residual is at 62% (is the residual fair?). What should my payment be considering all of the incentives.

Thank you!
    Cobia2006
  • hoodsurfer, you can trade in your vehicle for cash. This way is your new lease is totaled you don't lose that money.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi cosmedent. Ally uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. Its March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 64%.

The numbers for 36- and 39-month leases of this truck are 1.5% / 57% and 1.5% / 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,340 cash incentive on 24- and $2,530 on 36-39 month leases of this vehicle. There's an additional $500 op top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shaker58. I'm not aware of any official early lease that General Motors is running right now. If there is none then you will probably be be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get something new.

Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 57%.

GM is providing a $2,530 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this model in all areas plus an additional $500 on top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome hoodsurfer. I'm glad that I've been able to help you out.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,530 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this model through Ally. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus the above cash.

Do you need me to work up a lease payment for you? You can always use the formula that is outlined in this article to play with the numbers: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome Cobia2006. Let's work up a payment on this vehicle and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave without Convenience that has an MSRP of $44,050 and a selling price of 37,150 through Ally right now for 24-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $419.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoodsurferhoodsurfer Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Car Man. So I looked at a different one and they are telling me on a $55,060 premium group AWD 2013 that I got them down to $46530 that my payment on a 36 month 15k lease would be $600. Tax in NC is 3% and they told me the residual was 55% and the rate was 2.7%. Ugh, where are they getting this info, based on what you are saying in here? Can you please work the numbers... I am clearly missing something.
    You're welcome hoodsurfer. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave Premium AWD that has an MSRP of $55,060 and a selling price of $46,530 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $470.

I used a lease rate of 1.5% and a residual value of 57% to arrive at this payment. The residual value for the '13 Enclave with the 1SD option, which I translate to Convenience, would be 55%, but all other Enclave models should be 57%.

Either way, a payment that's more than $100 per month higher than what I came up with is way out of whack. The 2.7% lease rate that they quoted you is flat out wrong for a lease through either Ally or US Bank. Is the dealer using GM Financial for this deal?

Car_man
    Host
  • I am not sure, I will contact them tomorrow. Closed on Sundays. I agree something is amiss here and I am not sure what. Everytime I tried to ask him something he kept saying you aren't comparing apples to apples. I told him another dealer gave me $530 on a MSRP of $48k. I kept saying yeah so their MSRP is lower, so your payment should be lower. And he was like, no you have to look at the MSRP. WHich I know you do a little bit but still. I guess I'll keep shopping around...
  • Car Man,

Thank you for your response. Based on the adjusted cap of $37150 I provided you with, you calculated a payment of $419 (Which is on par of what I am wanting to pay).
    The Dealer quoted me $553 + tax+ fees. Where does the difference come from? It seems pretty high!! I feel like they are trying to rip me off.

Any thoughts?
  • Hello Car Man:

I am setting off to do battle this weekend on a 2013 Enclave or GMC Acadia lease. I would like to have the numbers for the following vehicle so I hopefully don't have to waste the whole day playing price ping pong. The two vehicles that I am considering are a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather Edition or 2013 GMC Acadia Denali depending which has the best program and residuals resulting in the best lease rate. Below are the numbers for the Buick and GMC I was looking at..Thanks for your help...

2013 Enclave
    MSRP: $44,875
    Sale Price: $42,620 (They are claiming they will sell $50 over invoice)
    Rebate: $1500
    I am ok with a 24, 36 or 39 month lease at 15,000 per year

2013 GMC Acadia Denali
    MSRP: $47,835
    Sale Price: $47,885
    Rebate: $1500
    24, 36 or 39 months at 15,000 per year
  • Dear Car Man,

Thank you so much for the amount of time you spend helping us out!

I am a bit confused about the Incentives you mentioned. Is Ally cash separate from competing owner conquest cash? Can I expect to add them for a bigger discount? Please help! Hoping to lease a gorgeous Enclave this week!

What are the incentives that are available for a competitive owner in WI willing to do the Experience Buick 24m lease?

Here is what I have so far.

Sticker. $39,490
    Edmunds invoice. $36,523
    Add $200. $36,723
    Minus Ally cash of $3,340. $33,383
    Minus Potential Ally cash $500(?). $32883
    Minus conquest of owner cash $2,000. $30,883
    Minus Bonus cash(?) $500. $30,383

Does that look right or am I double counting? In other words, when you say Ally cash incentive is available with leases, is that separate from other bonus cash like conquest cash?

Thank you so much!!!
  • bradespbradesp Posts: 21
    Car_Man, a quick question. How do I use the Ally Lease Rate to calculate the "interest" portion of my monthly payment? I know how to calculate everything else (residual, monthly depreciation, etc.). Because it's not a Money Factor, I can't find any online examples.

Thanks!
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    If you have a lease rate as a percentage, divide it by 2400 to get the equivalent money factor.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• jen727bfjen727bf Posts: 10
    Carman,

I am interested in the 2013 enclave leather group fwd with 15k miles. What are the numbers (money factor, residual) for April? Also, are the same incentives available?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.