Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• vtraudtvtraudt Posts: 52
    It would be helpful if you would list the MSRP, Dealer Invoice and the price you actually paid out the door.
    Thanks.
  • js76js76 Posts: 4
    any possible way to lease an enclave at 400 per month with no money down on a 24 or 36 month lease with 15k miles? If not, do you know of any other suv (7 passenger) that a payment like that would be possible?
  • nigal4unigal4u Posts: 3
    A 9% finance rate??? There is something wrong with that number! A fool and there money soon part. At those prices they can sit on the lots.
  • Hello Car_Man,

There seems to be a lot of confusion on lease terms for the Enclave. Can you post the Residual Value and Money Factor for the following lease terms?

36 month lease/12,000 mi yr, 36 mos lease/15,000 mi yr
    39 month lease/12,000 mi yr, 39 mos lease/15,000 mi yr

I know GM has a 39 mo term that's pretty close to 36 mo and since the Enclave has a longer warranty, it might make the monthly payment in IL much more attractive since you can spread the IL taxes put into the lease over an add'l 3 mos!
    I started to look into the Enclave as an alternative to MB R class and Audi Q7 (seemed out of my range); but getting the first quotes, and reading here what the lease conditions are, I come to the conclusion: The R class and the Q7 are actually better deals.

Unless GM is pricing (lease conditions) the Enclave more competitively, it is hard for me to see too many concious (=aware) buyers taking an Enclave over a R class or Q7.

vtraudt
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Posts: 66
    Your assessments are quite correct between the Audi. Enclave, and R Class. After shopping quite a bit in late May, I went to buy an Enclave. I liked the space, styling, and the way the car drove. However, their was an Audi dealer directly across the streest from the Buick dealer, so I checked there as well. The lease deal they offered me on a CXL AWD Enclave ($45400 MSRP, $40855 sale price with GM supplier pricing) with $0 down, 36 months, 12K miles was $685 a month. I was able to get an Audi Q7 3.6L Premium (with Panorama roof, Infotainment, convenience pkg, 20 inch wheels, and premium Red paint) for only $704 a month. The MSRP on this car was nearly $58K, and the sales price was $53600. Audi is subsidizing their leases with nearly 0% interest, and that is making the lease payments very competitive. Buick has back orders of 2-3 months on the Enclaves, and GM does not need to subsidize the cars (yet). They recently cancelled the $1000 conquest rebate. I did not check much into the Mercedes, besides test driving the GL class. After reading MANY folks posts on Mercedes reliability, and have heard the personal experiences of several friends and neighbors, I was not willing to lease one of Mercedes vehicles. For my money, I got the Audi. I love the way it drives, the huge sunroof, and the Bluetooth connection (which ALL GM cars lack). FYI, my dealer also through in the Audi Care package as well, meaning no maintenance costs for the first 4 years.
    Which means, we have to wait until sales of the Enclave drop (should not be long; I expect fall).

Has anybody compared the lease offers for the Enclave with the GMC Arcadia?

Just curious. Same car.
  • Don't expect the sales to go down by fall -- maybe by the 2009 model year if at all. I just saw an article that quoted a Buick spokesman saying they have a waiting list of 3,000 -- I'm sure that's accurate because I'm one of them! They're adding a 3rd shift at the Lansing Delta Township Plant, where all 3 Lambda's are mfg -- but according to the Buick spokesman, this is temporary to get caught up with the backlog of orders and will apparently be used almost exclusively to build the Enclave (or maybe they will shift Acadia and Outlook to 3rd shift production and build Enclaves almost exclusively during shifts 1 & 2).

They have no intention of keeping the 3rd shift unless demand remains strong -- they do not want to overbuild and have Enclaves sitting on lots. Right now, this vehicle has the shortest time of any in inventory across the country -- less than 5 days on average. In many cases, they're sold before the wheels ever hit the ground and I have heard of many instances where several folks bid against one another and have paid upwards of $3K over MSRP.

Car_Man, can you please answer my request up above for current August Lease Terms for the Enclave. Dealers are being non-committal about the MF -- I'd really like to know what it is -- instead of taking the dealer's word.

Thanks
  • bsc1114bsc1114 Posts: 25
    I ordered my Enclave July 6th and was told about 8 weeks. The other day I went into the dealership and the sales manager said definitely by the first week of October. He also told me about the third shift business. I'll be lucky if I have it by Christmas!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi js76. I haven't worked up any payments on the Enclave lately, but I doubt that one can lease one for $400 per month with nothing down. You probably can get one for less than $500 per month though. If I was personally in the market for a 7-passenger SUV, I would seriously consider getting a Honda Pilot. It is usually one of the best values for this type of vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi desgnconcpts. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Buick Enclave with 15,000 miles per year are 8.0% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate for a 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're absolutely right, vtraudt. The Mercedes-Benz R-Class is an outstanding deal right now. I am not personally a big fan of its looks :surprise: , but for I can overlook its styling to get such a useful Mercedes at an amazing price.

Car_man
    Host
  • izbodizbod Posts: 21
    How much was out of pocket on the Audi? I looked at 3.5 Premium with tech package and they gave me a stupid offer of $3500, 785 a month. I walked out. Right now I have a loaded FX35 @ 399 mt. The program was unique and I lucked out, but the lease term is up.
  • I was out of pocket about $3900, detailed as follows: $2500 Cap cost reduction, $495 lease fee, $200 T&T, and $704 for first months payment. I got a 2007 3.6 Premium, with the Panorama Roof, 20inch wheels, convenience and infotainment packages, Bluetooth, Sirius (not worth the monthly fee) 3rd seat, 4 Zone Climate Control, and the extra cost Garnet Red Color. My selling Price was $53200. That deal was at the end of May, and was the best deal I could find in the metro Baltimore, Southern PA, and DC markets
  • Hello Car_Man,

Can you please post the October lease rates for the Enclave CXL models (I'm pretty sure FWD and AWD are the same):

36 mos -- 10K mi, 12K mi, 15K mi
    39 mos -- 10K mi, 12K mi, 15K mi

Assuming the "buy rate" Money Factor is the same no matter the term/mileage. Really need the Residual Value for each to make a comparison of how long to lease and how many miles.

Would really appreciate your help.
    Thank You!
  • kcoreykcorey Posts: 130
    And a 48 month, 48,000 mile lease is 55% @ 8.0%...a good deal for me because I won't have to give another $3,500 for taxes, etc., etc. It came out to $15./month less...which was $519./month on a CXL FWD, Red, Driver Convience, Luxury and Cargo Net...about $34,500.
  • What color do you want?
  • Back in MAY, I wanted a CXL AWD in Gold Mist, with the Cocoa interior. I needed the car within a week, as my old car had been totalled. I found the color and equipment in Ohio (I am in MD). Two dealers stated they would DX with the Ohio dealer for the one I wanted. However, both of the Buick dealers jerked me around to try to buy what they had in stock. This drove me to look elsewhere, and I got an Audi Q7 for only $10 more per month on the lease than the Buick. The Buick was nice, but the Audi is a lot nicer, includes the maintenance, and was a much better deal financially.
  • jacobmjacobm Posts: 15
    I got a quote for a 2wd, leather, navigation
    $0 down
    $700 a month
    ???
    I remember reading something to the effect that it was possible to lease the enclave for less than $500 a month?
  • I've always done 36 month leases on my cars because that is when the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired.

Since the Enclave has a 48 month bumper-to-bumper warranty, does it make sense to do a 48 month lease? Or are most people going with 36 month leases?

Thanks for any input!
This discussion has been closed.