Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi jp125. I haven't checked on the acquisition fees for GMAC or US Bank lately, but I suspect that they both charge something in the vicinity of $600.

GMAC's requires a security deposit that's equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $25 increment. I suspect that US Bank's requirement is similar, but I don't know that for a fact.

I don't believe that the $1,000 consumer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2010 Buick Enclave is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Hey car-man, what gives with the $400 termination fee for a GMAC lease. That coupled with the aquisition fee and upfront money makes leasing very expensive.
  • When did GMAC start putting termination fees into their leases? I have two vehicles leased through them and neither has a termination fee.
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Local dealer advised that GMAC wants $350 at end of lease if you buy the leased car or $395 if it is turned in at end of lease.
  • That's a shame. It makes them like all of the other car companies who charge a turn in fee at the end of the lease. I guess they have changed a lot of things after their restructuring.
  • cats13cats13 Posts: 12
    Hey Mr Car Man: I'm in New York and looking to lease the 2010 Enclave FWD CXL-1. What can you tell me about the November rates from USBank (that's the one that does it in NY in GMAC's place, right?) for the interest rate and residuals on both the 39 months/12K miles/yr and 39 months/15K miles/yr? If possible, can you tell me if they differ b/t the FWD and AWD models?

Since it seems that NY is different from other states, would also love to get info on what sort of fees USBank charges in NY and what incentives are available.

Much appreciated in advance.

FYI, I'm also looking at the Traverse and just posting the identical questions there (but, of course, for the Traverse).
    Car Man and other Leasing Gods around these parts: I know you guys have real jobs and real responsibilities other than answering questions in this forum, but I'm dying for November lease program info on 2010 Enclave FWD CXL-1. I'm in NY and looking at 39 months either at 12k or 15k/yr. What incentives, if any, are coming through USBank?

My apologies in advance for being pushy; smack me around if you must.
  • Hey jim1462. I completely agree, disposition fees are very, very annoying. With some banks, you're talking about a grand in fees between the acquisition and termination fees. That's a lot of money. Unfortunately, if you want to lease and the captive finance company that the manufacturer of the vehicle that you want charges these fees, there isn't any way to avoid them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey cats13. General Motors just introduced its November programs yesterday. I'll make some calls and see what I can find out about its US Bank lease program for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, I want to keep you on point about the November lease programs, but have another question for anyone that knows the answer - it's really nagging at me.

If I pay the first month's pymt out of pocket (ie, don't roll it into the lease), shouldn't the adjusted cap cost # be reduced by at least the base lease pymt portion of that first month's pymt? If it's not, am not paying that first month's pymt twice - once out of my pocket directly and then again when the depreciation fee, finance fee and sales taxes are calculated for the term of the lease which, by definition, includes that first month?
  • jp125jp125 Posts: 3
    Cats13:

I could see how you would think that. But that is not the case. It's hard to explain... Basically, the monthly payment on a lease is calculated by taking the interest rate/money factor, cap cost, residual value, lease term, and tax rate for your state.
  • I am looking to lease a 2010 CXL-2 AWD in NJ with an MSRP of 49,510.

Can you tell me what the lease payments would be at 10K miles per year and 12K miles per year?

Thanks
  • djolydjoly Posts: 4
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 AWD CXL2 or a mostly loaded package. Here is the response I got back from the dealership. I wish I had the MSRP and selling price but I don't at the moment. Should I really be looking at a $900+ payment to lease a very well equipped Enclave for 36 months and 15k per year?

Dealer email below ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to give you two options for financing, one lease and one purchase. For a 36 month lease, 15K miles a year and $1,838 due at signing, your monthly payment would be $914 a month. If you choose to purchase the Enclave, GM is offering 0% for 72 months which will give you a $619 monthly payment with $0 due a signing. I hope I have answered your questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call. Do you have time today or tomorrow to come in and take a closer look at the Enclave?

If this is incorrect then what should I be looking at for a monthly payment? Has anyone else recently leased and if so what did you get and what were the numbers?

If the $914 lease is correct then I would look at the option to purchase with 0% for 72 months. Would this make sense at this given the state of the economy? I've been leasing vehicles for the last 12 years but I'm not sure if I'm going to anymore.

I would be interested in any and all feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Don
  • Without the MSRP, selling price, residual value and interest rate, it is impossible to give you any kind of payment to expect. I can tell you that a $900+ payment a month should get you a lot more expensive vehicle than a Buick Enclave.
  • I was able to negotiate the following Enclave CXL 2 (Audio w/ Entertainment package... no GPS, running boards) lease:

MSRP = $44,695
    $682 per month payment
    39 months / 12,000 miles
    ONLY 1st month payment due at lease signing

I've haven't agreed to it just yet, but I get the feeling that this is their bottom line offer. I still would like to get the Nov '09 Lease Rates from Car_man to know if there is anymore negotiating room in this deal????? Car_man??
  • Hi michaelj7. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you if you tell me what selling price you have been able to negotiate or are shooting for.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Don. HAHAHAHAHAH :surprise: $900 per month to lease a Buick Enclave?!?! That's nuts. You definitely don't want to do that. If you really love this vehicle, then negotiate the lowest possible selling price and finance a 2010 model through GMAC at 1.9% for 5 years or a 2009 model at 0% for 6 years.

If you are really set on leasing, then you probably should go with a different truck. There's a tone of awesome ones out there that you can lease for a lot less than $900 per month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi markert2u. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave XCL2 with 12,000 miles per year are 0.96% and 42%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Great, thanks very much Car_man.. I thought I had a good deal already...Looks as though I have a bit more play in my negotiations! Thanks again.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The dealer has agreed to $300 over invoice.
This discussion has been closed.