Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you like to see on next Outlander?

lmchenlmchen Posts: 9
edited March 15 in Mitsubishi
After looking through the discussion today. Nothing insterest me much.
Let's start something new & make it useful. Hopefully Mitsu is watching the thread. We might really get what we ask for.

I Love my 07 Outlander XLS.
That's said, Here is my *wish* list. (Or to the future car that can foot the bill. It works too.)

1. Bigger gas tank!!!
a. Got to go to gas pump to waste 20 minutes every 9 days.-- Sigh.

2. Fast key programming.
a. Driver side to unlock all door easily
b. Allow My wife want to put her purse on the passingser side. She will be really happy Mom.

3. Get my clock out of that Navi.
a. Ouch, I have to use AC control to know what time is it. (Oh, I like to display off Navi. That LCD get a limited life span.)

4. Audo power on button on The steering wheel. (some combination will do too.)
a. The consequence of turn it off is that -- In the passing highway, got to keep your finger straight to turn the auto on.

5. to All, please
a. Man, I know using Navi is not safe. Do I have a choice? If not. Stop bugging me EVERY Time.

6. What's the hack is the "factory rack" without cross bar.
a. Can we learn something from Subaru -- you put on something, make it useful.

7. All weather matts and other Accessary That we can order in NA please.
a. Common, I doesn't expect dealership have it. But gee. I can't even order it. Unless I want to order it from Austrlia -- Sigh.

What's your list?

Comments

• gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    Place for my garage door opener beside clipping on the sun shield.

Sunglass holder, besides a clip on the sun shield.

I like your #2, regard opening all doors.

I don't need or desire the rack. In fact I think the ES looks better. Need an option to omit on LS and XLS.

I just put a Lund bug deflector on the front of the hood because of the lack of accessory parts available.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    1. Bigger gas tank!!!
    a. Got to go to gas pump to waste 20 minutes every 9 days.-- Sigh.

The gas tank is about enough volume for me.With a full tank, I need to refill it every 2 weeks. That will really depend on how much you travel. For the average Joe, 15~ gal is about enough. I don't want it any bigger, and carry extra weight, which will then have a toll on my mileage.

2. Fast key programming.
    a. Driver side to unlock all door easily
    b. Allow My wife want to put her purse on the passingser side. She will be really happy Mom.

Currently all these are possible to be set, especially with an MMCS equipped model. I don't see why your wife can't put her purse on the passenger side. There are A LOT of space to put that purse in.

3. Get my clock out of that Navi.
    a. Ouch, I have to use AC control to know what time is it. (Oh, I like to display off Navi. That LCD get a limited life span.)

You mean you turn the Navi off most of the time? As with everything else, nothing lasts forever. Why would you buy the MMCS and turn the LCD off all the time? Personally, I'm fine with the clock on the Navi. I don't want another clock on the dash.

4. Audo power on button on The steering wheel. (some combination will do too.)
    a. The consequence of turn it off is that -- In the passing highway, got to keep your finger straight to turn the auto on.

IMO, the current audio buttons are about enough. I don't wan't the steering wheel to become the stereo dash

6. What's the hack is the "factory rack" without cross bar.
    a. Can we learn something from Subaru -- you put on something, make it useful.

This one I agree, we need crossbars, OEM ones. Thule/Yakima is nice but it's not specifically designed for the Outlander rack

7. All weather matts and other Accessary That we can order in NA please.
    a. Common, I doesn't expect dealership have it. But gee. I can't even order it. Unless I want to order it from Austrlia -- Sigh.

Yes, more accessories like the UK and AU. :shades:
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    I don't need or desire the rack. In fact I think the ES looks better. Need an option to omit on LS and XLS.

How about just ditching the whole "package" thing and inventing options? :)
    The "package" option is actually a big $$ saver than having to buy each item individually. You know how the dealer marks up prices on OEM parts. A mud guard set of ~80$ they will sell it for ~120$ not including installation which will cost another 30-40$. So buying items individually is a bad idea.
  • bpizzutibpizzuti Posts: 2,743
    Yeah, but it also means you have to get 12 other things just to get a sunroof. And if you only want the sunroof, it comes out more expensive.
  • passmepassme Posts: 3
    I would like to see the US version get these World options:

One touch rear seat retraction
    RDS in the MMCS head unit
    Beam or bracketless wiper blades

Silly things I know, but if not for anything else, just to stick it to RAV4 and CR-V!!
  • chelentanochelentano Posts: 634
    1. Navi LCD mounted on articulating-ajustable arm.
    2. Web browser with Sprint EVDO access.
    3. Nicer, more luxury looking instrumentation with blue lights instead of red (or even with option to pick lights color).
    4. Better place for the parking brake.
    5. Wider body for more space, better stability and better styling.
    6. Wide panoramic rear view mirror.
    7. Rear view video camera
    8. Twice bigger opening for the sunroof
    9. Few more horses to the engine
    10. Couple more gallons to the tank
    11. Chrome grill and additional chrome accents on exterior.
    12. Interior wood trim accents.
    13. Bumper guards like on some BMWs, but not in black: matching body color or clear.
    14. Push button keyless ignition, instead of turn-knob.
    15. Beige interior should be available with every exterior color.
    16. Hybrid version.
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    My wish list below. Some items are redundant with other posts.
    1. Auto on/off headlights.
    2. Heated mirrors (still not sure the current models have them as rumored).
    3. Sunglass holder
    4. Better door panels or at least painted silver door handles (not chrome).
    5. Better HVAC controls, with rubber lining (similar to the 4WD knob).
    6. Remote rear seats release in the cargo area.
    7. OEM crossbars.
    8. More solid sunvisors, with extenders.
    9. Better plastic covers for the rear seats hinges.
    10. Anti-slip lining for the lower central console storage area.
    11. More accessories: OEM all-weather mats, black rear bumper protector (only stainless steel available).
    12. Not sure if this is a phone or BT interface limitation, but I would like to be able to call the numbers from my cell phone phonebook instead of building a duplicate phonebook on the car's BT system. In any case, the BT should offer more than 32 entries for the phonebook (100+ would be OK).
    13. Push button ignition with an in-dash slot for the key fob(similar to Nissan).
    14. Make the 3rd row optional on the XLS.
  • lmchenlmchen Posts: 9
    > b. Allow My wife want to put her purse on the passanger side. She will be really happy Mom.

What she find out is that, her key is in the purse. . As Mom, she has a *lot* of items,maybe too many, in her purse for our 3 years old. The key key nob won't let her turn the key sometimes that she have to get the purse back to drive seat to enable the Key to be sense by the sensor. (Well, at the same time, there probably 10 different thing in the passanger seat already.)

Not a problem for me, since my key is in my pocket, Outie has absolute no problem of sensing it. :P
    But what other manufacturer makes sunroof as a single option? Probably none. And buying the sunroof with 12 other things like the RF sound still comes out as a bargain. You have to understand that Mitsubishi is an import based company primarily, the Outlander being 100% Japanese built with 100% Japanese parts. Not even most of the "local" brands are able to do custom built vehicles. But yeah, since this is a "wish list" thread, that would have been great if you can tick each individual item. Unlucky for us, things doesn't work the way we wanted it to be in the real world.
    What she find out is that, her key is in the purse. . As Mom, she has a *lot* of items,maybe too many, in her purse for our 3 years old. The key key nob won't let her turn the key sometimes that she have to get the purse back to drive seat to enable the Key to be sense by the sensor

FYI, the FAST Key doesn't have to be in the driver's seat for the car to start. Tested by me personally. As long as the key is inside the vehicle, you shouldn't have a problem. If you're having trouble with that, you should have your fob checked by your dealer.
  • growwisegrowwise Posts: 297
    ... and lots of them. But alas, its a tad bit late.. I never stick with same brand no matter how good or bad it is. Much less, never with same model iteration either. Life is too short to stick with same manufacturer and model.

But for Mitsu's sake.. lots of sound deadening materials including laminated glass etc..
  • ken4nyken4ny Posts: 40
    I love this car as is but always have room for improvement. Few things that I would like to add:

1. Back up camera.
    2. Seat memory.
    3. Smaller Fastkey remote
    4. Power folding mirror (It's only available in UK so far).
  • biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Posts: 194
    1. MPH and Gear # as a display sequence.
    2. Fix the tip-in throttle lag.
    3. Back up camera.
    4. Chrome or painted silver interior door levers.
    5. iPod jack standard, with display interface.
    6. Seat memory.
    7. Smaller Fastkey remote.
    8. Euro accessory parts availability.
    17. All doors autolock, when ignition is activated.
  • solowalkersolowalker Posts: 118
    1/. A height adjustable left elbow rest..

2/. The bottom seat to have more range adjustment.(manual)

3/. The center armrest to have a more FORWARD position.

4/. Standard mud flaps...

5/. OEM roof crossbars readily available.
  • growwisegrowwise Posts: 297
    ... can be added along with better sound insulation. On a minor note, the info button should be placed on the steering wheel.
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    I agree with both 1) and 3) regarding armrests with the addition that the right be higher. #3 iswhy I had to buy the luxury package to get the power drivers seat.
    18. Illuminate all the power controls on the driver's door.
    19. Real horn
    20. Liftgate closing with less effort or better power liftgate.
    21. Option to remove 3rd row seat to convert to storage.
    22. Smaller Fastkey remote.
    23. Change the name. Too many similar names: Outlander, Highlander, Outback, Land Rover...
    That's probably not gonna happen.
    Tha's not the point: most of the wish list items are not going to happen. The point of this thread is "What do I like to see on next Outlander?"

Manufacturers do change car names from time to time: Lincoln Zephyr was renamed this year to Lincoln MKZ, which is not exactly a good change.

Outlander deserves more unique name.
    Not Mitsubishi. And definitely not with the Outlander.

By the way, most of the things listed by other posters in this thread are already available as standard equipment or as an option in the 2nd Gen Outlander in other markets. But the rename thing, well, that's purely wishful thinking.
    Most of the things listed in this thread are already available?

Most? Not "most":
    1. Navi LCD mounted on articulating-ajustable arm.
    2. Web browser with Sprint EVDO access.
    3. Nicer, more luxury looking instrumentation with blue lights instead of red (or even with option to pick lights color).
    4. Better place for the parking brake.
    5. Wider body for more space, better stability and better styling.
    6. Wide panoramic rear view mirror.
    7. Rear view video camera
    8. Twice bigger opening for the sunroof
    9. Few more horses to the engine
    10. Couple more gallons to the tank
    12. Interior wood trim accents.
    13. Bumper guards like on some BMWs, but not in black: matching body color or clear.
    14. Push button keyless ignition, instead of turn-knob.
    15. Beige interior should be available with every exterior color.
    16. Hybrid version.
    18. Illuminate all the power controls on the driver's door.
    19. Real horn
    20. Liftgate closing with less effort or better power liftgate.
    21. Option to remove 3rd row seat to convert to storage.
    22. Smaller Fastkey remote.

Anyway, this thread is not about features availabe "in other markets". It's about wishful thinking.
  • busta4busta4 Posts: 35
    I like your suggestions. I would add, on my wish list, a giant step up in the quality of the interior plastic. I can not believe how cheap the interior is. A write up on the vehicle says it best..

"Inside, the Outlander is both good and bad. The seats, leather clad in our test car, were comfortable and power adjustable on the driver's side. But there was no lumbar adjustment, something that we thought odd at this price. Wind whistle was prominent from all sides and especially at any speed over 60. There was too much road noise as well, again considering the $30,615 price sticker for our top-of-the-line XLS model.
    There was an overabundance of hard plastic inside, the doors sounded cheap when closed, and the third row seat was, at best, a joke. Your cat would not be comfortable back there.
    Well here's a short list of the features available in other markets:
    From dodo's list
    1. Auto on/off headlights. - AU
    2. Heated mirrors (still not sure the current models have them as rumored).-AU
    3. Sunglass holder-UK
    4. Better door panels or at least painted silver door handles (not chrome).- US
    6. Remote rear seats release in the cargo area.-UK
    7. OEM crossbars.- UK, rest of EU

(these are your suggestions below:)
    Rear view video camera - Japan
    Chrome grill and additional chrome accents on exterior. -UK
    Interior wood trim accents- Japan
    Push button keyless ignition, instead of turn-knob - Japan

It's still a wish list because we don't have it locally.
    I would add, on my wish list, a giant step up in the quality of the interior plastic. I can not believe how cheap the interior is.

Got a ride in a Nissan X-Terra yesterday, and the door handles are made of plastic, which looks worst than that of the Outlander's.
    I went to other internatioanl Mitsu sites and that's what I found:

1. Auto on/off headlights. - AU: This is a current US feature - no big deal
    2. Heated mirrors.-AU: NO in AU, but YES in UK. They are also remotly folding
    3. Sunglass holder-UK: YES
    4. Painted exterior silver door handles (not chrome).- US: They are silver in US
    6. Remote rear seats release in the cargo area.-UK NO
    7. OEM crossbars.- UK, rest of EU: NO in UK but YES in JP

8. Rear view video camera - Japan: YES
    9. Chrome grill: NOT the whole grill, just a trim as in US
    9b. additional chrome accents on exterior. -UK: YES
    10. Interior wood trim accents - Japan: YES
    11. Push button keyless ignition, instead of turn-knob - Japan: YES
    12. Both Japanese and UK versions have parking censors.

Japanese Outlander has tons of optional accessories:
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/support/accessory/catalog/pdf/OUTLANDER.pdf
    Most of these options though are not part of packages so they could get expensive if you get them one by one.
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    Nothing in my wish list is available in the US/Canada versions. I'm aware that some of the options are available in other markets and I wish Mitsu brought them over here, but I also understand that they had to keep the price down so they dropped some of them.
    In regards to the door handles, I meant the interior ones not the exterior.
    The headlights are AUTO OFF only in the US/Canada version. I wish for AUTO ON too.
    The crossbars available in other markets, are rebadged Thule. I meant really OEM, customized for this car.
    The upper part of the door panels give the interior a cheap look and they are prone to scratches; also the HVAC controls in the LS are "clicky" and on the cheap side. They would benefit from a bit of improvement. The other interior pieces I mentioned could definitely use some improvements too. Please note that I'm talking details here. Most people wouldn't notice some of them.
    I know this car's details very well, as I literally studied it for months before I got it and now I drive it every day.
    Despite the rather long wish list, I love it and I would buy it again over any other compact SUV in this class.
    I forgot to mention that, in an ideal world, I would have liked to have few more horses - 240 hp and few more lb. ft. of torque. However, the current setup has enough power as far as I'm concerned.
This discussion has been closed.