Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• mbf1mbf1 Member Posts: 5
    They replaced the control unit. That did not work either. Now they are going to start checking the wiring connections. I think I just want a replacement vehicle.
  • mbf1mbf1 Member Posts: 5
    Callled on 02/21/2013 said it was a wiring problem and that the car was ready. Picked up the car and no problems yet. I will post again if we have another problem.
  • biggerfoot1biggerfoot1 Member Posts: 5
    I wrote about the same issues including service brakes air bags. Lost power and wouldn't let me go over 20 mph. I took it to a small town garage and he had it figured out in 30 minutes. It was a dirty mass air flow sensor and air intake pipe was dirty. All for $111.12. He knew that these items effected the computer that set off the warning lights except service brake system was low fluid. GM dealer just cleared the warning lights. My traction switch works again and the gunk that was in the mass airflow sensor would cause the car to loose power. I really like my 2008 enclave and still looks show room new. And I have 130,000 miles on it. Will keep you posted if anything changes. I hope this helps GM to let others know what to look for.
  • aaplsueaaplsue Member Posts: 37
    I found out there is a bulletin for this problem. I would love to know what the fix is
    because I paid $500. GM and my dealer were in touch on this so why was my fix so different then everyone else? I think the dealer knows. Something is not sitting right with me.
  • biggerfoot1biggerfoot1 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    All they did is cleaned the mass airflow sensor and air intake pipe. Put 300 miles on it and still no issues. Maybe they replaced yours. This was a small town 2 stall garage so they don't have a lot of overhead. I will be doing all my business with them in the future no b.s just results.
  • aaplsueaaplsue Member Posts: 37
    They replaced the brake master cylinder.
  • hagerrchagerrc Member Posts: 1
    My engine hesitates at times when accelerating while at speed. There are also times the transmission is slow to downshift and then will be slow to upshift. I have made a lane change and tried to accelerate and then I'm a sitting duck waiting for my 2012 Enclave to respond to the accelerator. Anyone having these issues?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi hagerrc,

I can certainly understand your frustration with the issue you have described.
    If you would like me to research this for you please private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle? My email address is [email protected] "Attn Crystal" in the subject header.

Kindest Regards,
    Crystal L
    GM Customer Care
  • ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    After reading the issues in this forum I have decided not buy a 2013 Acadia or enclave. I don't know who the person at gm is that decided they would follow up each post with a ridiculous response like "We're sorry to hear that you are having these with your car. If we can check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmediagm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

This shows a total disregard for the customer. If the customers were taken care of they would have logged onto the forum and posted updates to rave about how the problems were resolved. Since that is not evident, this diminishes the value of a gm product and warranty. I will skip on this car as well as the Buick and Chevy versions.

My name is Arik, I'm a US citizen living in Bergen County Nj and I will choose another option. I want to thank all those owners that took the time to post on this forum. You saved me thousands of dollars and hours of problems. My heart goes out to all of you. God bless you all and God bless America.
  • ajshurtsajshurts Member Posts: 1
    In the last few months, I have:
    - Replaced the steering gear because there was a leak in the power steering reservoir that completely emptied and damaged the steering gear
    - Replaced the hydraulic struts for the power lift gate after the lift gate smashed me in the head and almost closed on me
    - Just found out the return line from the power steering pump is leaking
    - I had about 2 cups of water pour out from underneath the glove box on to the passenger floor, service manager thinks the drain tube from the evaporator might be clogged

I am scared to find out what other problems the car has when I take it in tomorrow to find out about the leak. It's just back-to-back-to-back with this car. At this point, I don't think I'd ever purchase another Buick product again. My 2008 Eddie Bauer explorer has the same amount of miles as my Buick and no where NEAR the problems this car has.
  • derek30derek30 Member Posts: 5
    I have had all sorts of problems with my 08' Buick Enclave. Started with water problems that I would literally have water pouring into the cabin through the vents on top and in the front passenger seat. After months and months of dropping it off at the dealership and being car less, I have to say the dealer finally fixed this problem. This week my wife was driving the car and all of a sudden it simple stops in the middle of a heavily traffic road. Had it towed to the same dealership that has worked on this car and have been told transmission is blown, power steering leaking and power steering pump needs to be replaced. Car still has less than 100k miles, which should be covered by GM, but about 3 months past time of warranty date. Told by dealership GM will only chip in 35%. This is unacceptable!!

Has anyone had an issue like this with his or her vehicle? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Derek
  • papadick58papadick58 Member Posts: 7
    I have had both problems. The water problem was a known problem to GM and maintenance reports issued to all dealerships. My car just stopped on a 4 lane business road - needless to say the horns were blowing loudly as I sat dead in the lane. Pushed On-Star and they were able to call towing - but more importantly they also were reading diagnostic codes. Had the car taken to the dealership and after 2 days they said - "NO PROBLEM". I said that they should check the codes as On-Star had seen them, but the dealer suggested that On-Star must have erased them by re-setting the computer. Well I did the only thing I could think of as the dealer had no clue as to the next step -- I called On-Star and the were able to read the report of the incident and gave me the codes. So I gave them to the dealer and low and behold they found the problem. And it was not as your dealer is suggesting. Mine was under Warranty and I am sorry I do not remember the codes. I have not had a problem since.
  • pabernpabern Member Posts: 1
    From day one my 2012 Enclave emits black smoke with a strong gas smell on start up. after numerous trips to the dealer and a meeting with the Buick Rep, (4 months) they come up with a service bulletin exclaiming the Enclave, LaCrosse, Cadillac SRX & STS, Camaro, Equinox, Malibu, Traverse, Acadia, Terrain, Outlook, Vue equipped with 3.0 LF1, and 3.6 LLT and LFX engines will emit black smoke or soot during cold start ups and this should be considered normal. They say with the introduction of direct fuel injection systems, GM revised the cold start control system to reduce cold start emissions. Quicker catalytic converter heating helps meet the ever changing emission requirements and improve fuel economy. How did these engines pass EPA standards. I can't find a mechanic with thinks black smoke is normal except the ones at my dealership. Does anyone have any insight on this. I think GM has a bad design and they are skirting the issue with a no sense service bulletin. Now that summer is sort of here, I still see good black smoke backing up my driveway every morning. My service manger says "normal, normal ". I cannot agree...
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    I can't see how black smoke and a strong gas smell will improve fuel economy. That is usually a sign that an engine is running too rich. If GM considers this normal they better replace their engineering department.
  • derek30derek30 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm still wondering how to submitt my case to GM about being under the 100k warranty. I hope they will stand behind their vehicle and help with this.
  • timberleaftimberleaf Member Posts: 3
    We just had the same problem with the lack of acceleration for the first time this week, also while changing lanes in front of moving traffic. Hit the accelerator and nothing happened. It did it a couple more times in the next minute and then it worked properly again. We had been sitting in stop and go traffic on a fairly hot day at the time it happened - don't know if this contributed or not. It is in the shop now. Have you had a resolution to your problem?
  • abraswellabraswell Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Buick Enclave with 80,000 miles and 3 months past my extended warranty that I purchased as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a GM Dealership 2 years ago.

I just got on the highway earlier today and lost power. I pulled to the side of the highway and shut it off. I restarted it and waited for about a minute. I re-started it and and thought it was a fluke because when I put it in drive it moved normally. To my chagrin as I pulled back on to the highway as I accelerated it hit about 30 mph and did the same thing, so I dropped it in neutral and coasted to the only spot I could get to which was a dangerous part of the highway since I couldn't get back across the 4 lanes to a safer spot. I thought for sure that I was going to get slammed in the rear end. I hit my hazards and shut the engine off and restarted it following the same process to get to a safer area. I was about a mile from a Buick dealership so I repeated the process staying on the side of the highway.

When I arrived at the dealership I called OnStar and they gave me the codes that had been thrown - P0842, P0700, and P0777. After researching Enclave and Acadia forums I have a bad feeling that it may be a wave-plate failure that seems to be quite common in the Acadia and Enclaves of similar years. Since it was a holiday weekend I have to wait until Monday to get the diagnosis.

I am really frustrated that my warranty just expired by the date, with the mileage just turning over 80,000 miles. Should I have any expectations of help from the dealership or GM on this, or am I flying solo on the repairs if it actually is the transmission? What is the best way to approach them? I am pretty worried :surprise: since we barely have it in the budget to pay the monthly, much less a 3k to 4k repair.

Any ideas or advice is appreciated.
    Hello Abraswell,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. However, I'm glad that you're okay after an experience like that. If you would send me, your full name, address, phone, VIN and the name of the dealership you are working with to [email protected] (attn: Marlea) I‘ll do my best to look into your concern and find you a satisfactory resolution.

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service
  • bill43054bill43054 Member Posts: 2
    I can relate to the previous Enclave owner. Last Saturday my Enclave gave me the first signs of transmission trouble. I was driving two friends through a National Park when suddenly no gear. It was like I had slipped the car into nuetral only there was the buzzing sound when I tried to accelerate. After the car cooled off I was able to drive it up on a tiltied flat bed of a wreaker. The car original purchase date was 8-01-07 It has 81,377 miles on it. And the warranty says, "5 years or 100,000 miles, whatever comes first." It will move when the transmission is cool. The Mechanic is going to remove the pan and check the transmission filter tomorrow. If GM does not give some slack (the maintenance records are good) then I'm looking at a good chunk of change 3-5K. Such a shame for such a pampered and well kept vehicle. :( Can I get any help GM?
    Hi bill43054,

I'm sorry to hear that you're needing to have your transmission repaired. I cannot make any guarantees, but if you send me your full name, VIN, address, contact information, and dealership I can look into what options we have available to you for this repair. Please send this information to [email protected] [Attn: Amber].

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • abraz0715abraz0715 Member Posts: 1
    Bad news... It was a wave plate failure and the residual damage was pretty extensive. The total was going to run a minimum of $4,100.00.

The good news... GM stepped up and covered 60%. It left me with $1,640.00 to cover.

Overall I am pleased with how the entire issue (my dealer and GM), even though I am concerned that with an issue that seems to be prevalent among this and the Acadia 2008 model year (wave plate issue) that GM did not issue a recall or notice to the owners.
    I am happy to hear that your issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • debra21debra21 Member Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if I am the only one who is having this problem. My air conditioner in the Buick Enclave stopped working about a month ago. I took it back to the dealer, who told me the problem was a leaky a/c line from the condenser to the compressor. As of today, over 3 weeks later, the part is still on back order. First, I'm shocked that an air conditioner on a 2 year old vehicle would fail after only two summers and second, I'm shocked that a hose could be on back order for over three weeks. At first, I was told the incredulous story that the hose was coming from overseas and that is what is taking so long. Why would I have to wait for a part to come from overseas for an American-made vehicle? I cannot wait to return this headache and go back to a foreign car. :(
    Hi debra21,

I understand your frustration and am sorry that your repair has been delayed. If there is anything we can do to assist through this time, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • sorensoksorensok Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2008 Buick Enclave (AWD) with 55,000 miles on it - and we too are having issues with our transmission. My wife was pulling into the driveway last Wednesday when the acceleration just gave out in the middle of the driveway. When we let it cool down, it drove ok, but on the way to the service station it totally gave out again in the middle of the highway.

The mechanic is telling me that there are huge metal filings in the pan under the transmission. Diagnosis: new transmission. My wife absolutely loves this car, but ouch - not sure what we're going to do. Has GM been doing anything about these transmission issues?
    Hi sorensok,

Sorry to hear about your current transmission problems. Is your mechanic at a certified GM dealership? If you send us your full name, VIN, contact information, and dealership we can look further into this for you to see if we can provide any assistance for this matter. Feel free to email us at [email protected] [Attn Amber] or contact GM Customer Service by phone at 800-521-7300.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • chosen33chosen33 Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2008 also..bad transmission also. The only thing that has been done is to tell me to give up around $4000 for new transmission and struts. There has been no recalls although many of the Enclaves regardless of year has had transmission failure. Some people apparently have been able to get there dealer to pay for a potion of the cost..no such luck for me.
  • yesamalibuyesamalibu Member Posts: 4
    Sadly familiar stories ... Last Friday, driving 45 mph on a flat US highway, the transmission felt like it slipped into neutral. Pulled over. "Hot transmission" was on the info screen. Let it cool off and was able to drive another 100 yards into a parking lot, before it happened again. In 1 week, we will hit 5 years with it (65K miles). Water pump died 2 months ago. Transmission died the first time at 4,000, 4 months after purchasing it new. Dealer "found a damaged Torrington bearing and input thrust bearing" that time. We love the vehicle, but this is significant.
  • bill43054bill43054 Member Posts: 2
    Amber,
    I was waiting for an email reply to my email account and did not find one. I was telling my daughter in SC about this and went back to the page while talking with her and found your message. She has had similiar transmisstion problem. Then I found your note. I had to have the vehicle repaired and took it into Aamco in Rapid City, SD for repairs ((800) 900-7809). The vehicle should be done tomorrow. The cost of the replacement transmission (six speed 3.6 V6) is $3100. The installation will be 12 hours or about $1000, plus fluids etc. Plus the computer module will need to be reflashed at a GM dealer. The math is easy to do. Can I still get any relief from GM on this huge bill?

Pastor Bill Martin
    Hi Bill,

I apologize for the delay. I never received your initial email. I will be emailing you further details about your situation.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We're going to delete Bill's post now that you've seen it since we frown on posting individual's contact information on our forums.
    Hello chosen33,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your transmission. Have you spoke with a Buick Customer Care agent? If not, we are happy to look into this for you. You can reach us via email at [email protected] or you can contact us by phone at 800-521-7300.

Jennifer T. (Assisting Amber)
    GM Customer Care
  • gingrichgingrich Member Posts: 9
    What can I say about my 2008 Buick Enclave other than Total Disappointment and Failure on GM's part. I bought the car new in 2008 & like clockwork, have experienced every major problem this board amongst others have had. My car is 5years6 months w/ exactly 45K miles on it. I just got the car out of the shop for about the 12th time for major repair, this one for the transmission, which went completely out. They rebuilt the trans, but its not the same car as before. Bad shifting, loud and not smooth. When I bought the car off the lot I found the entire back flooring had molded due to a leaking rear lift gate and had to have all the carpet & padding replaced. The moonroof leaks to this day but its something I just live. The power steering pump went out a few years ago. The electronics system has never worked right (even after they replaced the module). You push the steering wheel volume control & it instead changes the AV input or some other function. Even b/f the transmission went out I had problems with it. It was slow to shift to a higher gear, had hard time catching the gear & forget about trying to get on any freeway to accelerate. The list goes on. I've had to fight the dealership on recurring issues, tried a new dealership & finally gave up on the new one when they told me since my car was out of warranty (yeah, by 6 months), that I would be footing the bill entirely on my own dime. I understand that the 2008 was the 1st year this car came out, but just really surprised at all the major flaws with the drive system & the like. I wanted to love the car, but for the amount of times and the types of issues I've had for a car I've babied, it just is a total fail. As far as the 5 yr/100k warranty goes, I really am upset that at 45K miles I'm being penalized for their failures & have to chip in on any repair work of this nature. GM needs to do the right thing & cover any transmission failures & these other items which plenty of people are having.
    Hi gingrich,

I am very sorry that you have experienced transmission issues and understand how time consuming it is visiting multiple dealerships. I would very much like the opportunity to look further into this and see what other options are available for you. Can you please send me your name, VIN, contact information and dealership so that I can do more research on this situation for you? I look forward to hearing back from you, and apologize for the inconvenience this has been.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • gingrichgingrich Member Posts: 9
    Amber, How do I reach you? I have "new problems," though most are ones I've already experience yet the dealer is just passing the buck down the road.

So, I just got my car back 3 weeks ago after having it in the shop for 2 weeks due to the above stated transmission issue. I now have a major oil leak in the front of the engine, which wasn't there before I took it in for the transmission issue. The steering wheel is also cocked 15-20 degrees sideways (which it wasn't before) & I also have electric warning lights going off. I took it to the dealership & they say, "well... sorry, that isn't in the same area as the transmission work that we just did, so we aren't taking responsibility. But... since you are such a loyal customer, we can do the repair work for a heavy discount. That means you only have to pay $200 for a deductible"(in their best voice saying (but I'm saving you so much you should love me). Me: "wait a minute, I just had the car in there not 3 weeks ago, it wasn't leaking oil before, the steering wheel was straight before I had it into the shop, and now it magically is & you're telling me its not something you messed with?" dealer: yes, that's correct, but it does appear you had work done on that part of your engine 2 years ago, but that was a different dealer, so maybe you should take it to them." How pathetic is this for an answer from a dealer? I am so disappointed in my vehicle (been to the shop at least 15+ times) with only 45k miles & whats even more frustrating is the way the dealers look at me with Dollar signs in their eyes. Customer Service should be a staple of these dealerships & yet its the thing they just fail at miserably. My favorite thing is when they hand the keys back & say... "now, you might get a survey in a week or 2 asking you how the experience was here. Please keep in mind when you fill this out, its the only way I personally get rated and it affects me, not the dealer, so I would sure ask you take care of me and give me all positive ratings." What a joke. How am I supposed to give you positive ratings when every time I take the car in, the problems don't get fixed and instead of you working to save me money, you're looking to make money?
    Hi gingrich,

I just got into the office and believe I've received your email. Please look to hear a response from me shortly.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • emh773emh773 Member Posts: 3
    2008 Buick Enclave - 71K miles

I too can relate to the Enclave owners with transmission issues. Monday the transmission seemed to be slipping, skipping then jerking into gear. I (a woman) brought it to the dealer 2 days later, I explained the transmission didn't seem to be working right. After inspection they told me it was an engine plate cover leaking oil issue and the "transmission was operating as designed". This didn't seem right, so brought to our local mechanic and was told it was a transmission issue. My husband brought it back to the Buick dealer and after again inspecting it, they confirmed this is likely a wave plate issue, a known defective part with a TSB (technical service bulletin) by Buick. A significant cost to fix.

Yesterday (4 days since we first noticed the problem) the transmission completely stopped working and the car will no longer drive.

The kicker is that we bought this from a GM dealer as a certified pre-owned vehicle in 2011. The car took original ownership July 30 2008 and therefore is out of warranty by 2-1/2 months. But it's near 30K miles under the warranty.

We've kept up with all work, most of which has been done through an authorized Buick dealer.

We feel this should be fully covered by GM. Before jumping to conclusions and posting our negative experience with GM, I wanted to give them the chance to handle the situation properly. Who do I contact for help with this?
  • pat08pat08 Member Posts: 2
    We bought a new 2013 Buick Enclave this year. September we had the oil changed for the first time. After a couple of weeks I noticed fresh oil on the driveway. I brought it back to the dealer who did the oil change and was told 'the oil filter wasn't properly seated' and a quick adjustment and all is suppose to be ok. After all the problems we had with our 2008 Enclave wondering if this is another problem like the power steering and transmission problems of the 2008. Anyone else have these problems?
  • rusty1951rusty1951 Member Posts: 1

I too just took my 2013 Buick Enclave to the dealer for it's 1st oil change. After I got home and parked it in the garage I noticed oil on the garage floor. I took it back to the dealer and the said the oil filter was not seated and it happens sometime. They replaced the filter and after parking it again ,I noticed it was dripping worse than before. I took it back again and after checking it they decided that the oil leaked when removing the filter and sprayed it with engine cleaner and washed it off. So far it is clean. Needless to say when changing the oil filter you must be very careful not to drip oil on the frame.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

On some cars this is darn near impossible. I don't know the innards of your Enclave but for example on my Mini Cooper, not spilling some oil seems impossible. But any good shop should clean up the mess as part of the job. A common mistake in oil filter changes is "double-gasketing", where the old gasket is accidentally left on and a new gasket applied over it. That'll leak.

• pattyo1234pattyo1234 Member Posts: 1

I also have a 2008 Enclave with the exact same problems had the inability to accelerate yesterday (the Stabililatrac service light came on three days ago) while I was on a frozen HYW in MN. Pull off turn the engine off wait 15 sec for the computer reset. That did the trick to get me back on the road.

Did replacing the valve cover gasket solve the problem?

Also did you have a engine warning light on as well?

• grits18grits18 Member Posts: 5

So here I am again, back on this site with the same problem I paid over $800 to repair less than a year ago. Service Stabilitrak/service traction control lights blinking with oil sludge in the intake hose. The dealership calls and says I need the redesigned valve cover repair that they recommended in July 2013. Well I had the redesigned valve cover put on, but not by the dealership because we all know they charge crazy prices for labor. The repair was done by a certified mechanic with GM parts, but the part has failed. And the dealership says tough luck, GM has no responsibility. What say you GM????????? I am beyond angry and I think I will be calling a local TV station who does consumer protection type segments.

• ccs35ccs35 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

We have a 2009 Buick Enclave with 69,000 miles course and or course, we've encountered a major issue now that we're a hop and a skip past the warranty.

My wife was driving to a business appointment across the city last night and began to lose power on I-465 at 70mph; pretty dangerous situation considering it was raining heavily and there were semi trucks behind her. I'm just glad she had the presence of mind to quickly duck off of the interstate onto an off-ramp as the semis approached to avoid getting obliterated from behind. Granted, she was pretty skaken up, but luckily she was close enough to to get it back home at a very slow speed on the surface streets. When she got home, I hooked it up to the OBD-II scanner and it threw a P0700 code. I took it around the block and it shifted poorly, would not accelerate, and would not shift into 3rd, basically staying in second gear the whole time; additionally, reverse is completely gone. After researching the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook forums I have a sick feeling that it may be the dreaded wave-plate failure that's apparently common in the Enclave/Acadia/Outlooks of similar years. Ironically, we live very close to Andy Mohr Buick so we took it there this morning and I explained it to them and they knew exactly what I was talking about when I gave them the rundown. So, I'm guessing they're either really familiar with the TSBs on this or they've seen this problem many times before or both. Either way, they're taking apart the transaxle today to diagnose and we're already down $900 just for that right off the bat (UGH)!

I'm really frustrated at this point since we are only knocking on the 70k mark and we have a major repair to deal with, especially when it appears that this is a prevalent issue that should be considered for a recall. It's all that more frightening when you consider that losing significant speed on the freeway could lead to serious injury or death. We're actually packing up the family tomorrow and heading to St Louis for our daughter's swim meet. I shudder to think if this happened on I-70 with the whole family (4 kids) in the car tomorrow, semis bearing down on us!

Should I have any expectation of financial assistance from GM (or the dealership) on this, or am I completely on my own in terms of footing the bill? I am pretty concerned since we don't have it in the budget to pay for what might be a $3-4k repair. What is the best way to approach the dealer or GM on this? Any ideas or advice are much appreciated.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

You could certainly petition GM for assistance, and make your case based upon the mileage and your car's service records, if you have evidence of good care. If you bought from that dealership, they can also go to bat for you, as they are allocated a certain amount of discretionary funds for goodwill adjustments. I rather doubt they'd pick up the entire bill (wouldn't that be nice!) but they may offer a 50-50 split. It's certainly worth a try, and I have heard of GM pitching in, on a case by case basis.

You may want to read over this Edmunds article on "Secret Warranty". I hope you come out all right on this.

http://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty/the-secret-warranty.html

Thanks Shiftright, I'll definitely checkout the secret warranty info!

• scaredmamascaredmama Member Posts: 2

09 Enclave w 64,500 power steering issues randomly going out when making slow turns? I checked my fluid amd it's good. I see a class action was filed last year re steering failures. I am scared for my family and I anyone else with this issue

Hi there,

We regret to learn that you feel the safety of you and your family is at stake while driving your 2009 Enclave. We reached out to you yesterday regarding this matter as well. If you haven't already done so, please email us at [email protected] and include your screen name, VIN, contact information and dealership name and we would be happy to look more into this matter for you.

Thanks!

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

@scaredmama said:
    09 Enclave w 64,500 power steering issues randomly going out when making slow turns? I checked my fluid amd it's good. I see a class action was filed last year re steering failures. I am scared for my family and I anyone else with this issue

So, gmcustsvc, I'm not feeling the love. You guys just completely skipped me... what's up with that?

• coachvigcoachvig Member Posts: 1

@gmcustsvc - I am having trouble dealing with a transmission issue on my 2009 Buick Enclave CXL and my BUICK/GMC dealership service center. They are telling me that it may take a couple of weeks (it has been over 7 days now without my Enclave CXL). It was reported to me that my Enclave is on the lift, but they are very busy with other customers that come on for service and the technician gets called away to work on other vehicles. I feel very frustrated and disrespected by this situation. I spoke with the service tech and he just told me that I need to be patient. I would appreciate any assistance you may provide in expediting the process with respect and care. Please advise. I'll email more details. Thank you.

@ccs35 said:
    So, gmcustsvc, I'm not feeling the love. You guys just completely skipped me... what's up with that?

Hi ccs35,

My apologies it does appear we missed your post! I understand that unexpected costs can be frustrating. Although we cannot guarantee cost assistance, I'm happy to take a look at your VIN for applicable warranties or service announcements. Please reach out to us via email at [email protected] Attn:Andraya for further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya
    GM Customer Care