Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I will no doubt trade it before I have other issues. I sure was hoping for a new one, but I will have to check into Ford or Chrysler. Too bad I bragged to others about the car, but that was before it hit 110,00 miles. But I still really like the ride and look.
  • Sorry..just read your question. I have about 130,000 miles.all problems began around 56,000 miles for me. Water pump replaced, rack & pinion replaced; leaking roof; emissions valve replaced..now throttle body, transmission going bad and they say front struts are starting to lock up
  • That's what's sad...I really love my vehicle and have don't really want another type of vehicle..but the mechanical failures are monstrous..don't know if I could get a decent trade in with all these issue
  • dpruitt2dpruitt2 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    We're having the same issue... :( . You would think GM would do something about this...BUT. This is truly disturbing...I shouldn't have to pay for this. My Grand-Father drove a GM, my father still drives a GM and after today I may just end this tradition. This is like buying a luxury home and the builder tells you: "Congratulations again...its been 5 yrs. since your purchase with us. If you are experiencing foundation problems right now...it is perfectly normal. BUT, don't worry your insurance should have your back...HOPEFULLY :) . Thx again for chosing Dye Anal Builders"

What's so sad about this is; we chose American made over German. Boy I feel stupid. After this, driving on a GM dealers lot may be very slim in our future. Still an American cunsumer and big support...just not a big fan of GM.
    :lemon: :lemon:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,004
    dpruitt2,
    Please let us know if we can check into anything further with you if you decide to work with a dealership to get this looked at. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • mbf1mbf1 Posts: 5
    I purchased a 2012 Buick Enclave on Jan. 26, 2013. Feb. 15th, 2013 a warning popped up in the DIC stating that the Traction Control system needed servicing and the ABS system was off. The car is sluggish and won’t accelerate correctly. We contacted OnStar reported the problem and had an appointment to bring the car to the service department at Sunrise GMC in Collierville, Tn. They said bring it in the next day which was a Saturday and they would have someone available to look at it. On Saturday I took the car in and 2 ½ hours later was told the person that needs to service it was not there because it was a Saturday. I was offered a rental (which was not an enclave of course) and told they would call me Monday. I can’t believe I can’t make it three weeks without any problems. This is completely unsatisfactory. Now it’s Monday and they tell me they are waiting on two sensors to be replaced and it will possibly be Tuesday when the car is ready. I had to call them at 4:30pm Monday to find this out. I am looking into the Lemon laws for the state of Tn. in order to protect myself. GM needs to get some quality control procedures in place and crack the whip on their dealers. These cars are cost too much to break down this quickly.
    mbf1,

We're sorry you're encountering these troubles on your new Enclave. Let us know if you would like for us to check into anything with your dealership by emailing us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I had the same problem and I was told the abs brake warning light was a different issue needing a new brake master cylinder so I had to pay for that repair. My concern is that everyone is also getting the same warning lights which makes be believe it's all related not a separate issue. Just a way to be charged for another repair. I got taken. To top it off the old part went missing, they knew I was about to get a second opinion. Recall needs to happen asap.
    I already sent a email to you before I posted here. It was sent Monday 2/18 with the subject line 2012 Buick Enclave. It has the information you requested.
    I agree. They changed the two sensors and that did not work so now they are replacing a control unit. I will keep everyone posted.
    They replaced the control unit. That did not work either. Now they are going to start checking the wiring connections. I think I just want a replacement vehicle.
    Callled on 02/21/2013 said it was a wiring problem and that the car was ready. Picked up the car and no problems yet. I will post again if we have another problem.
  • I wrote about the same issues including service brakes air bags. Lost power and wouldn't let me go over 20 mph. I took it to a small town garage and he had it figured out in 30 minutes. It was a dirty mass air flow sensor and air intake pipe was dirty. All for $111.12. He knew that these items effected the computer that set off the warning lights except service brake system was low fluid. GM dealer just cleared the warning lights. My traction switch works again and the gunk that was in the mass airflow sensor would cause the car to loose power. I really like my 2008 enclave and still looks show room new. And I have 130,000 miles on it. Will keep you posted if anything changes. I hope this helps GM to let others know what to look for.
  • aaplsueaaplsue Posts: 37
    I found out there is a bulletin for this problem. I would love to know what the fix is
    because I paid $500. GM and my dealer were in touch on this so why was my fix so different then everyone else? I think the dealer knows. Something is not sitting right with me.
  • biggerfoot1biggerfoot1 Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    All they did is cleaned the mass airflow sensor and air intake pipe. Put 300 miles on it and still no issues. Maybe they replaced yours. This was a small town 2 stall garage so they don't have a lot of overhead. I will be doing all my business with them in the future no b.s just results.
  • aaplsueaaplsue Posts: 37
    They replaced the brake master cylinder.
  • hagerrchagerrc Posts: 1
    My engine hesitates at times when accelerating while at speed. There are also times the transmission is slow to downshift and then will be slow to upshift. I have made a lane change and tried to accelerate and then I'm a sitting duck waiting for my 2012 Enclave to respond to the accelerator. Anyone having these issues?
    Hi hagerrc,

I can certainly understand your frustration with the issue you have described.
    If you would like me to research this for you please private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject header.

Kindest Regards,
    Crystal L
    GM Customer Care
  • ariknycariknyc Posts: 12
    After reading the issues in this forum I have decided not buy a 2013 Acadia or enclave. I don't know who the person at gm is that decided they would follow up each post with a ridiculous response like "We're sorry to hear that you are having these with your car. If we can check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmediagm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

This shows a total disregard for the customer. If the customers were taken care of they would have logged onto the forum and posted updates to rave about how the problems were resolved. Since that is not evident, this diminishes the value of a gm product and warranty. I will skip on this car as well as the Buick and Chevy versions.

My name is Arik, I'm a US citizen living in Bergen County Nj and I will choose another option. I want to thank all those owners that took the time to post on this forum. You saved me thousands of dollars and hours of problems. My heart goes out to all of you. God bless you all and God bless America.
  • ajshurtsajshurts Posts: 1
    In the last few months, I have:
    - Replaced the steering gear because there was a leak in the power steering reservoir that completely emptied and damaged the steering gear
    - Replaced the hydraulic struts for the power lift gate after the lift gate smashed me in the head and almost closed on me
    - Just found out the return line from the power steering pump is leaking
    - I had about 2 cups of water pour out from underneath the glove box on to the passenger floor, service manager thinks the drain tube from the evaporator might be clogged

I am scared to find out what other problems the car has when I take it in tomorrow to find out about the leak. It's just back-to-back-to-back with this car. At this point, I don't think I'd ever purchase another Buick product again. My 2008 Eddie Bauer explorer has the same amount of miles as my Buick and no where NEAR the problems this car has.