Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brand Name Equity

2»

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,921
    Excellent question

Thanks - I forgot to give Rsholland credit for coming up with the idea and the catchy Core DNA language. :blush:

Great "starter" list!
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    I must heartily echo your thoughts on the three big Japanese brands. I have always felt there was a stronger emphasis on engineering excellence at Honda than the other two, at the expense of marketing. I applaud that, even though I think it may contribute to Hondas being more expensive than most comparable cars. When I think Toyota, I think user-friendly appliance that will probably last a long time with just a little care.

I used to think that the Japanese cars, especially T and H, overengineered their vehicles which was one contributor to their longevity, but I think those days have ended. Nowadays, I think most of the volume carmakers do "just enough"-engineering instead, and that today's models may not have the durability of the cars from 10 or 15 years ago. I think the only Japanese company still overengineering their cars is Subaru, and of course they are not a volume seller in the States.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,444
    like that was original? 'core dna' was not dreamed up by anyone posting here. :mad:
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,921
    Guess you had to have been at the other Subaru thread to get the gist.

Ok, maybe you'd like to talk about how HUMMER H2 cologne helps the brand instead? :P
2»
This discussion has been closed.