Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Real World MPG

Comments

• My 2010 SLT Acadia is the worst car I have owned. WHat makes it worse is G.M. Acting like I'm the only one getting poor milage. Driving in attempt to get milage, the best I get is 20mpg highway. That coasting through towns slow acceleration and driving 58mph in cruise on flat roads. Finally today my service advisor at the dealership said that's the milage they are getting. And that his z71 truck gets way better milage.
  • yulanyulan Posts: 5
    davidswi,

I am having similar difficulties with my 2011 acadia denali. We drive it almost exclusively in the city, and have been averaging between 11 and 11.8 mpg. It's awful, and we've been very frustrated by GM and the dealership. Have you been in contact with any other acadia owners outside this forum? I'd like to get in contact with you and others to get more details about everyone's experiences and see if there is anything we can do collectively. Let me know what you think, and how we might go about connecting offline. Thanks.
    davidswi,

What state do you live in?

Does anyone on the forum live in Atlanta or elsewhere in GA?
  • Yulan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these frustration with your Acadia. Have yo already been working with Customer Assistance? I would like to see how we can be of service to you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,

I spoke with someone with Customer Service over the phone yesterday, but we got disconnected and she never called me back.
  • I'm sorry to hear that! Please email us more information (name/username, contact information, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello Sarah,
    I also have a GMC Denali 2011 and find that its consuming way to much fuel.
    How can I send you my name/username, contact information, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership).
    Regards
    Sandro
  • To contact us via email, please use the address located under the profile on this page. Or, if you would prefer to discuss your concerns over the phone, you can always call GMC Customer Assistance at 800-462-8782 (Mon-Sat, 8 am - 9 pm EST).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just purchased a 2011 GMC Acadia with 18,000 miles on it. My fuel economy completely destroys my budget. The best I have got is 17.4 when more than 70% of my drive is highway miles. If it is all city it gets around 13-14 I never would have bought it if I knew what I was paying for. I am going t.o lose a lot of money trading this in. If there is a class action law suite I'm in
  • We are having the same issue . I just bought my wife a 2011 Acadia and the best gas mileage we can get is 12.5 mpg. ?? We can not afford the gas for this thing if it doesn't get better . The car now has 1500 miles on it . Surely there has to be some sort of recourse because this is just tooooooo far off from what it claims to get .
  • I think the problem is the transmission. It does not shift into overdrive soon enough, and as you decelerate, the transmission downshifts and you can see the rpms jump up. Sort of like it is in trailer mode.

The city gas mpg is terrible. About as bad as my Yukon Denali, without all the creature comforts!! Highway best is about 23-24mpg at 70 mph.

City is a killer!

Tell the DOT to reprogram the stop lights so traffic can be maintained, and not stopped and started for the benefit of the oil companies!
  • lk10lk10 Posts: 1
    I also have a 2010 SLT-2 AWD Acadia and get only 12-14 mpg. This is very disappointing to me and seems misleading from the sticker information when we bought the car. Other than this, I love the car. This isn't right though. It definitely would have influenced my purchasing decision. I have asked my dealer service about this and was told that it was just due to my driving conditions. There is no way that I, and everybody else with an Acadia, should be unable to achieve the reported mileage by GM.
    huedawg,

What state do you live in? Have you taken it in to the dealer? what have they told you?
  • I live in Ohio but I bought the vehicle new in Kentucky . I am only 4 miles away from the dealership . I have taken it into the dealership and they could not find anything wrong with it ..
  • Huedawg,

Have you worked with Customer Assistance already? We can follow up with the dealership if you like. Please email us more information (name and user name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and involved dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just bought a 2010 used acadia, and the mileage around town could not be worse. I have a gm full size work van with a 5.7 liter and it has roughly 2-3 thousand pds on it all the time. The acadia gets worse gas mileage then my work van. On the highway the truck we will call it, gets wonderful mileage. 2 dashes I went about 80 miles but I drive my kids a 1/2 mile away and I can watch the gauge move. Right now I am between a half and a quater of a tank and only put 122 miles on it. Never would have bought this vehicle.
  • I have driven my 2011 GMC Acadia about 6000 miles. I calculate the mpg at every tank fill up and it is usually around 13.5 mpg never above 14 mpg. I do mostly city driving but there are also occasional long distance trips of at least 2 hours. It is truly unacceptable that the window sticker mpg could be at such odds with reality. Now that I see how many other people have a similar issue I think GMC should at least have realistic window sticker mpg. Buyer beware. Does anyone have a solution or action that can be taken ?

StephenW1
  • victorg009victorg009 Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    Yes, I know what action can be taken. It is called class action lawsuit for misleading advertisement. We all get 30% less city MPG than were promised, which is unacceptable (10% off is ok but not 30%). My prev and current Toyota cars get same or better MPG than sticker.

I'd be driving a different car now if I knew about Acadia's 30% less MPG when making my purchase decision. Although I read about poor MPG before buying Acadia, I did not beliver forums and trusted sticker number. Apparently I trusted wrong source of information - lesson learned.

Post #157 in this thread mentions that many owners of Equinox and Terrain complain about less MPG than advertised for their cars too.
    Victorg009,

What state do you live in?

Does anyone who has posted on this forum live in GA or FL?
  • Hi yulan

I just purchased a 2011 Acadia SLT2 with all the options. On Nov 16,2011 with 13,000 miles . I am experencing the same poor gas milage. Around 12 mpg.
    I have been reading post from another web site ( www.acadiaforum.net ) where nobody there seems to be complaining about poor gas milage. We need to get together from both web sites to form a strong voice to get GM to recognize the problem and assign tasking to there engineering group to research the isue. Until then nothing will be done. I will be bringing the car back to the dealer tommorrow to access the problem.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    edited November 2011
    Rjblade,

I'm interested in hearing what you learn at the dealership tomorrow. Thanks for continuing to work with us!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I"m beginning to wonder if the responses from customer service arent' automated. I work in customer support for a living. There is no way I would see this many complaints about the same problem, and not escalate it further. it just baffles me. Why do we have customer service reps on this thread if you can't do anything to help resolve, or point us in the right direction. Apparently the service department isn't the right place to go as we have all been there and received no help in regards to our problem.
  • Just an update from my previous post. (#132)
    4200 miles on the vehicle.
    Just got back from a 520 Mile round trip across Ontario. 100% Highway at 70mph (or less).
    Average 20.8mpg. (sticker says 24mpg for a FWD Acadia)
    My total average to date (2WD) with NO City driving is 19.1mpg
    I have NEVER before driven a GM product where I could not match the published numbers.
    This is shameful and the published ratings are utterly misleading.
    The dealers don't care!
    I'm stuck for 3 years (lease) but my next car will NOT be a GM, even though I'm a GM management retiree!
    What aren't the Customer reps reading this escalating it?
  • I appreciate your feedback, klewis0906.

One result of our interactions on forums like Edmunds is that information is added into the database that GM uses to make decisions on their products. Additionally, we do document threads where there are multiple drivers who have the same concern (as in the case of the mileage on this thread) for further consideration. Starting cases with us and working with our dealerships continues to add to the information base that GM can use. Finally, when a Customer Assistance Case begins with us, it doesn't necessarily end with us.

Our interactions are somewhat limited on the forum, giving off the "automated" appearance. I'm sorry that that impression was given.

I hope that this helps to clarify our activities here.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Thanks for clearing things up Sarah. Has this information been added to the GM database? Is GM aware of this problem?
  • Each post we've responded to is in the database. Additionally, I will be adding the "gas mileage" conversation from this forum to a document that will be handled by those higher than myself within GM. From there, I can't make any promises with how the information will be utilized.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have already commented on this thread earlier. I just want to re-iterate that if there is anybody here gathering information to form a class action suit against GM or GMC then I would like participate. I purchased (2) 2011 GMC Acadia's, (1) Denali and (1) SLT2 for my company and I am really annoyed with the false information especially with the EPA labeled on the fuel mileage. The vehicles that were replaced are Toyota and I refused to buy foreign but DAMN I regret it, I don't even want to use these vehicles because it kills me to see the needle go down so quickly when I just drive around town.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    There seems to be a discussion regarding a class action lawsuit based on mileage people are gettting with their Acadias. GM is not responsible for the EPA label. It says EPA label so guess the EPA is responsible for THEIR label. :surprise:

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,902
    edited December 2011
    Well, yes and no. The number is the EPA's.

But at least one court has held for consumers due to mpg advertising claims made by a manufacturer, even though those claims were based on the EPA number. Here's the settlement web page.

Note that the lawyers will get well paid while Civic Hybrid owners will get $100 or $1,000 off a new Honda.

Such a deal. :P

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Yes, I can understand how a class action lawsuit could help an Acadia owner's plight. :shades: