Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Real World MPG

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    shen1,

Sorry to hear about the gas mileage you are getting on your new vehicle. Please keep us posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    I am glad to hear that you are working with your local dealer. Please feel free to keep us posted. If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to contact Christina by email. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • Hi Tricia - please forward Christina's email and I will follow up with her. I see quite a few replies and condolences from GMC representatives. Are there any proactive measures being done on your end? There seems to be alot of your customers online complaining about the same problem. the under inflated tire response doesn't appear to resolve the problem. i really hate that I paid cash for the vehicle. Otherwise i would give it back.
    You can contact her by clicking on the gmcustsvc username and using that email address.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • I have 2600 miles on a 2011 Acadia Denali the gas milage is horrific. Been to the dealer, but of course everything is "fine". I am averaging 14 mpg with 90% of the driving on a highway. I will never buy a GM product again. I also have a Nissan Armada hich gets 17 - 19 mpg driving the same route I take my Acadia. The rating is completely false. Never have I been so upset with milage on a car. Average range on a tank is 300 - 325 miles. Are you kidding me?
  • I think there are enough of us to do a class action! Gas is to high to be stuck with a new SUV that doesnt do what the rating states! Not even close!
  • GM dealerships are of no help. My 2011 Acadia Denali is awful for mpg. I get the typical "everything looks fine" when 14 mpg overall is anything but fine. I am asking the dealer to take my vehicle back. 300 mile range is not acceptable when 90% of the driving is highway. No more GM product for my family.
  • I am pushing the dealer to take my car back, (lease) and refund the deposit. They acted like my problem was isolated, but of course it is no problem. When I read ALL of these items, it just made me more pissed off. ANd the BS about breaking a car in..... what is this 1975? Come on. I went back to an Americal car, thinking it might be ok, but I have learned my lesson. I should have stuck with an X5. Highway mpg was >25, and service included.
    davidswi,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? If not, I would recommend setting up a case with them. I would be happy to do so for you. Please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    Wow glad I stopped by here. Was looking at Terrain Forum and their gas mileage is also terrible along with Equinox owners with 4 cyl engines. Was
    going to look at Acadia but looks like I am back to European or Japanese cars.

My runabout is a 2011 VW Jetta Diesel 45 mpg is common every morning when I drive to work. Has been flawless. These cars are the best kept secrets and the new Passat is bigger and more Accord Camry size. I wanted a SUV how is GM going to help all these people getting 14 mpg. The Equinox forum is full of mpg complaints from many more people than here.
  • My 2010 SLT Acadia is the worst car I have owned. WHat makes it worse is G.M. Acting like I'm the only one getting poor milage. Driving in attempt to get milage, the best I get is 20mpg highway. That coasting through towns slow acceleration and driving 58mph in cruise on flat roads. Finally today my service advisor at the dealership said that's the milage they are getting. And that his z71 truck gets way better milage.
  • yulanyulan Posts: 5
    davidswi,

I am having similar difficulties with my 2011 acadia denali. We drive it almost exclusively in the city, and have been averaging between 11 and 11.8 mpg. It's awful, and we've been very frustrated by GM and the dealership. Have you been in contact with any other acadia owners outside this forum? I'd like to get in contact with you and others to get more details about everyone's experiences and see if there is anything we can do collectively. Let me know what you think, and how we might go about connecting offline. Thanks.
    davidswi,

What state do you live in?

Does anyone on the forum live in Atlanta or elsewhere in GA?
  • Yulan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these frustration with your Acadia. Have yo already been working with Customer Assistance? I would like to see how we can be of service to you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,

I spoke with someone with Customer Service over the phone yesterday, but we got disconnected and she never called me back.
  • I'm sorry to hear that! Please email us more information (name/username, contact information, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello Sarah,
    I also have a GMC Denali 2011 and find that its consuming way to much fuel.
    How can I send you my name/username, contact information, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership).
    Regards
    Sandro
  • To contact us via email, please use the address located under the profile on this page. Or, if you would prefer to discuss your concerns over the phone, you can always call GMC Customer Assistance at 800-462-8782 (Mon-Sat, 8 am - 9 pm EST).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just purchased a 2011 GMC Acadia with 18,000 miles on it. My fuel economy completely destroys my budget. The best I have got is 17.4 when more than 70% of my drive is highway miles. If it is all city it gets around 13-14 I never would have bought it if I knew what I was paying for. I am going t.o lose a lot of money trading this in. If there is a class action law suite I'm in
  • We are having the same issue . I just bought my wife a 2011 Acadia and the best gas mileage we can get is 12.5 mpg. ?? We can not afford the gas for this thing if it doesn't get better . The car now has 1500 miles on it . Surely there has to be some sort of recourse because this is just tooooooo far off from what it claims to get .