Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds, KBB, NADA pros and cons

2»

Comments

• Is there any way to search for what a vehicle was worth 6 months ago on KBB ?

Thanks
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    I don't know about KBB, but I think the last time I checke a used car value, I saw something like that is now available on edmunds.
  • Thanks....We had a 1999 Tacoma that passed frame inspection in June and then failed in Nov....Checking up on the difference in value.
  • I am no car expert. I would like experts opinion on best used car to buy::
    (1) GMC Envoy SLT
    Year: 2006
    Mileage: 90000 miles
    Visible damage/dents: Few cracks on front and back bumpers,
    Known Issue: Low beam light go out and come back
    Price: $8000.00
    Accidents: None

(2) Toyota Corolla LE
    Year: 2007
    Mileage: 55153
    Visible damage/dents: Few scratches and dings
    Known Issue: None
    Price: $9575.00
    Accidents: None

Which is best to go with as for as re-sale value or best price for purchase?

Thank You
    --James
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    Welcome!

Since this discussion is pretty inactive, I'd encourage you to visit our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion and post the same details, plus the city/state where you're located. It's a great place to get opinions like those you're seeking.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bar20bar20 Posts: 15
    edited January 2012
    Seems like this thread has gone off topic. I have never seen a dealer pull out an Edmunds used car directory.Ever! They all use the Kelley Blue Book for used car values when trading iin your car or buying a used car. If used car values are higher in Edmunds it might be good for the seller if you can convince a buyer that is what the value is. Every library where I live carries the Kelley Blue Book that the dealers use. If you are buying a car whether from a private party or dealer use Kelley Blue Book. But remember it's supply and demand.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,424
    That's definitely not universal. Almost all of the northeast US dealers use Galves (paid subscription only). Some use Black Book. Some use Manheim data. Some use a cup full of bones.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

2»