Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LeSabre Brake Problems

2»

Comments

• mkansarimkansari Posts: 5
    Please check that Brake Fluid level remains same and if not it may be leaking. Inspect all four wheels and see any Brake Fluid-don't press pedal when Brake drum is dismounted. If no leak then try Bleeding the Brakes. Also check that vaccum lines.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,370
    Check for leaks showing under the car where it stopped. If you were leaking at a wheel or a line, you might see a drip. I believe it is possible for fluid to leak in a master cylinder in a way that it is sucked into the vacuum unit and therefore doesn't show up anywhere as a drip.

Check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder to see if the volume has dropped.

Then try just pushing on the brake pedal with the engine running and hold it steady in pressure. See if the pedal slowly goes on down. That most likely is a the fluid in the master cylinder leaking around the piston seals.

I believe this requires professional checking. It's a safety problem.
  • I have a 1992 that has been sitting in MS for 2yrs. Everything seems to work except the rear Left Side Wheel. It is frozen. It won't break loose driving the car back and forth. The parking break has not been used, the wheel studs move within the wheel, but the wheel will not turn, even when pressure is applies and even hitting it with a hammer does not free it. Any suggestions??
  • I suggest that if you could jack-up the left rear side and remove the wheel and hammer around and see if you can move. If still problem, it may be the bearing jammed and you need a mechanic to look at it, Good Luck.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,370
    Are you saying that the wheel lugs move within the openings on the tire rim? That would mean the rim was rusted to the brake drum. The wheel and brake drum are able to move slightly relative to the hub with its studs.

I would think moving the car would work. But it doesn't! Next would be JB Blaster sprayed between the drum and the rim. And then heat to expand one more than the other to crack the corrosion.
2»
This discussion has been closed.