Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article Comments - 2007 GMC Sierra Denali Full Test

Comments

• That SOB will blind you cranked up...LOL! Use the turn knob that controls the dash illumination brightness.....that also controls the NAV screen brightness...
  • Well, my boss just broke a 30+ year tradition and bought 2 new non GM trucks for our company.
    I usually drive the Denali, but last week he took it for a few days and got frustrated trying to find something in the glove box at night. (no light inside anymore). He has trouble with 'night vision' and glare.
    He does not like being 'lied to', saying that he didn't like the fact that the marketing people mention perimeter lighting, yet the perimeter lamps under the sideview mirrors are not there anymore. The overhead (reading lamps) are not recessed (he says they have a lot of glare) and cannot be aimed, so he got frustrated at those things too.
    This is really a sad situation. His bottom line to me was: "If I buy a upper end truck, I expect a few useful amenities for my money. I don't like buying a product that I feel the manufacturer 'chintzed' on the design."
    So thanks GM. Now all I have to look forward to driving in a few years is a non GM product.
    You may have saved a few bucks on the design, but you lost a loyal customer.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    If you decide to return to Edmunds it would be nice if you would post what two trucks replaced the Sierra Denali. Especially one that has perimeter lighting as I'm curious to know what non GM truck would have that feature. If those items are so important to him he should really consider one or is it two of these.

• I own a 2007 GMC Sierra Denali AWD 6.2L with 4,750 miles.

I am very impressed with how fast the truck is, but I want it to go faster. I am considering putting on a K&N 63 Series Aircharger Performance Intake Kit part# 63-3058 that has an Estimated Horsepower Gain of 17.54 HP @ 4917 RPM. I am also considering a Superchips Cortex Programmer (I think these came on the market in September 2007). I spoke with a rep from Superchips who told me on the 6.2L 403hp engine, the performance program would add 32hp & 35 ft lbs torque.

These two additions should put the truck at 452 ½ horsepower, right?

If anyone has had any experience with either of these products on the 6.2L 403hp engine, please share your opinions. I want to make sure I will be able to feel the difference before I spend $750. Thanks.
  • get plugged into denalitrucks.com ....save your money for a custom tune...hand held programers are not full potential...You own a nice truck go with the best!

The K&N intake is ok....I prefer the outlaw intake or maybe even volant, it's doesn't suck in warm engine compartment air...

BTW my latest time is 13.87@99.91mph...I even trapped above 100mph on some runs...

Here is a video.... Denali 13.87
  • bigz04bigz04 Posts: 12
    I've been very happy with my 04 Z71. Love the Full time 4x4, my only [non-permissible content removed] about my truck is the fact chevy can't find a freakin cluster to work right in my dash..any way Thinking of trading my ride in for a new AWD Denali.
    Question 1. I'm getting between 16-18 hwy at 70 mph with a engine programmer, what does the Denali AWD get?
    Question 2. I push my truck to the limit off road at work I would end up lifting the Denali just as high as my Z71. 6'' for room for 33" tires, it would get tore up at work as low as it sits stock sooo how is the AWD system? Any one had there Denali in any mud or deep snow?
    P.S. I don't need any comment about why would I buy a Denali and use it off road I just want to hear if any one that has one thinks its capable as much as a 4x4 is.
  • Can't comment about lifting an AWD or how she does off road....

Here's my 2wd denali gas mileage... I have intake,exhaust, and custom tune with HPTuners...my tune helped out...

17-18mpg@80mph...
    19-20mpg@70mph...
    21-22mpg@60mph...
  • Hey man, I live right near the track...I have an 08 denali white awd...never ran it yet at the track...looking to see what it can do...I was considering either volaint or outlaw for cai..but they say outlaw is out of buisness now...? What city are you from? I usually race my firebird at the track...
  • I'm in southern Louisiana.....I like the volant intake also.
  • Thibodaux...here.. Did you tune yours your self with hp tuners...if so how hard is it...In my 98 firebird I have a Accel gen 7 system on it..I usually have someone else dyno tune it...Is this something I can do? Thanks in advance for you help...
  • Lafayette in the house! I tuned myself after plenty of research/trial error. I'm a gadget head so it came pretty easy for me...Check out the HPTuners site see it's something you would be interested in learning. It's nothing like a handheld programmer that walks you through the steps. You can break stuff if you are not careful!

The biggest thing is that you should take time dialing things in. make small changes and montor/data log with your laptop.

Check out this article...kinda old but on point...

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/0508ch_program_obd_ii_powertrain_- - module/index.html
  • i have had my truck for a few months and had no problem at all. i got it as my graduation present. everything about it is perfect. i did just get a set of 24in Dvinci Havoc XL black and chrome. i am going to start doing more work to it. But i love the truck and never had a problem. Heres a few pics of the truck now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,068
    What I would like to see is this powertrain offered in more lines than just the Denali. The Denali makes about as much sense as the Lincoln Blackwood/Mark/Gussied F-150. Although the Denali is a MUCH better truck than the Lincoln ever hoped to be with more power, better styling and better dynamics.
  • j47895j47895 Posts: 1
    While reading the diatribe of skytop, I too immediatly assumed it was a direct smear campaign because on my 2007 denali the center console opens backward, not to the side. I LOVE my denali. It rides beautifully and I have had ZERO problems with it for the 35000 miles that I have owned it. I also have ZERO complaints with my dealer, either. I did my research having rented one for a week while on a business trip. Common sense. Thats what some people need to use while reading some of this garbage.
  • skytop1skytop1 Posts: 106
    Say what you want, as I will empiracally state that an empty barrel makes the most noise. You are totally out of line and sound foolish making claims about issues you clearly know nothing about.

All that I said about my '07 Denali Sierra was 100% accurate. It was indeed a horror story and grueling to deal with GM and GMC. They are no friend of the customer, I assure you. And to bring all you cynical believers up to speed, my truck was repurchased from me under the state LEMON LAW and was crushed by GM for liability purposes. That is the best deserved fate that a terrible and poorly built GM truck could have received. End
  • skytop1skytop1 Posts: 106
    Say what you want, as I will empiracally state that an empty barrel makes the most noise. You are totally out of line and sound foolish making claims about issues you clearly know nothing about.

All that I said about my '07 Denali Sierra was 100% accurate. It was indeed a horror story and grueling to deal with GM and GMC. They are no friend of the customer, I assure you. And to bring all you cynical believers up to speed, my truck was repurchased from me under the state LEMON LAW and was crushed by GM for liability purposes. That is the best deserved fate that a terrible and poorly built GM truck could have received. End
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    So what did you replace it with? I'm assuming not another Sierra Denali.
  • Do any of you have anything to add? I have an 06 Sierra Denali w/72k miles and love it and just found a low mile '07 that I'm contemplating if the price is right. Any updates are appreciated.
  • gmsuttongmsutton Posts: 4
    I just hit 10,000 miles with my Denali. I feel the same way about this truck as when I purchased it in July, 2007. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. I would not buy anything else if I were in the market again. I suppose it is personal opinion, but my son sold his 2003 Dodge Crewcab 3/4 ton 4x4 and bought the GMC Siera equivalent. He loves his, too. He gets better mileage, but I live so close to work it really doesn't matter. We both think these are great trucks.
    I also have a 3/4 2005 GMC Crewcab Diesel longbed we use for business. That truck runs like a scalded dog whenever we travel across country to deliver a Airstream trailer. I am in the Rv business and these trucks work well for us. www.suttonrv.com
    Good luck and happy trails! :)
  • The description says 2007 Sierra Denali AWD 6.0L, these have a 6.2L. Not sure if this is a misprint or what.