Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rondo vs Outlander/Rav4/Santa Fe/Mazda5

18910111214»

Comments

• uzvuzv Posts: 8
    I'm 6 ft tall and currently own Dodge Caravan (short ver) with 7 seats and looking to replace with smaller but 6-7 seat.
    Visited Mazda dealer and played just with Mazda5 seats for 15 min:
    Adjusted seats to the BEST possible sitting for myself (6ft tall) in ALL rows (1,2,3)
    The result:
    1 row - good
    2 row- so-so : problem with feet (does not fit well under 1 row seat)
    3 row - bad : feet just does not feet under 2nd row seat
    There is solution but for only one foot - to stuck it between
    2nd row seats (other foot has to be cut of to be comfortable)
    So Mazda5 3d row - for kids ONLY.
    Visited KIA dealer and played just with Rondo seats for the same 15 min:
    Adjusted seats to the BEST possible sitting for myself (6ft tall) in ALL rows (1,2,3)
    The result:
    1 row - good
    2 row- good
    3 row - Ok : head is very close to ceiling
    So Rondo 3d row - Ok for 6ft adults
    IMPORTANT: the main thing is to readjust ALL rows to achieve good result in each row
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Posts: 50
    Would love to see Mazda offer the 5 with the Ford Duratorq 2.2L diesel. This engine delivers 175 hp/295 lb ft torque and delivers 40 mpg in Euro trim. Couple that with the 6 speed autobox and there wouldn't be a better combination of efficient space utilization, economy and fun to drive out there. I'd gladly pay $1500 over the 2.3L currently offered. Otherwise, this is a fantastic vehicle!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Found this rather amusing, the Rondo is called the "Carens" in Brazil, where it also costs R$79,900, or about $51 grand at today's exchange rates.

Crazy, huh? Here it's a price-leader, there it's kind of upscale.

A Kia Sportage costs only slightly less, a Hyundai Tucson is about the same price.

Rondo owners should count their blessings!

The Santa Fe is sold as a loaded leather-lined AWD model only but costs a whopping R$149,000, over $94 grand!

The RAV4 costs even more than that! Yikes!
18910111214»
This discussion has been closed.