Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taurus/Sable Maintenance & Repair

Comments

• jmbeamjmbeam Posts: 2
    Were you able to get this fixed yourself? The same thing just occurred to my 2001 Lexus RX300.. I swore I would never bring the vehicle back into Lexus service because they are theives. Hopefu;lly I can repair it myself.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    Been away from checking at Edmunds a while. Seems to me your lack of heater must be either a plugged heater core or the valve that lets heated antifreeze into the heater core is inoperative, since your temperature gauge seems to indicate it is up to operating temperature. I have not looked at my 2000 Taurus but, if I were you I would follow the heater hoses from the back to the firewall. Unless it is buried, the valve be at the end of those heater hoses somewhere. I would try that first. You might also be able to rig up a garden hose to just flush the heater core out , but get that heater control valve out of the way first.

It could also be having some problem in the dash controls, I suppose.
  • mark_navymark_navy Posts: 3
    I have the same problems with yours with my transmission. Do you already have some idea how much the parts are and what woulde it take to change it? I asked a mechanic yesterday and hes charging me $450 for the parts and labor. Hopefully you already have some answers for your problems and maybe you can give me some tips about it. thanks
  • mark_navymark_navy Posts: 3
    I have a 97 Taurus and the service engine soon lights is on. Ive got some answers yesterday and it was the SHIFT SOLENOID and TORQUE CONVERTER SENSOR. I talked to a mechanic and asking me $450 to fix it. I'm trying to get some ideas so ill do it myself.
  • sheilao3sheilao3 Posts: 5
    Should the repair cost of $700.00 to $1200.00 include labor, I just want a ball park figure before I commit to repair. I live in Central Florida area. I just learned of the Ford Head Gasket recall/sevice notice, from what I have researched it long ago expired (7 years or 100,000 miles). I am out of luck. However I did contact Ford, just in case!
    The overheating occured after i had already noticed engine trouble and really low gas milage. Got filters checked, oil change, added anti-freeze etc........all anti-freeze was gone. 1 week after adding it was gone again.
    Car is parked in drive way, lots of anti-freeze on ground below tail pipe, does this mean anything. Possibly indicate more than head gasket problem (such as cracked/warped head?)
    I am a a loss, don't want to(can't) spend $$$ having car towed to garage for repairs if it is senseless to do so.
  • hutchisonhutchison Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new here and hoping i'm posting this in the right spot. i've got a 2000 ford taurus sedan, and the driver's seat belt buckle is broken. i found a used seat belt that i'd like to put in myself, but i'm not exactly sure what i'm getting into. are there any tricks or advice someone could send my way? much appreciated,

thanks,
    jeff
  • ran1025ran1025 Posts: 1
    My 98 Sable failed inspection for emissions and when we brought it in to be fixed the shop said that they need a "cam position sensor tool" in order to fix it.They informed me that they did not have this tool available and were not successful in trying to get one. They suggested that I try to buy the tool and then they would make the repair-any suggestions? I have browsed the web and I can't seem to find one either. Help!!
    The part # they gave me was #T95T12200A or 303-529.
    Thanks,
    Randy
  • what torque converter code did you get?
  • oneeyeoneeye Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the nut that holds the front wheel bearing on for a 2002 mercury sable.
  • tedwardstedwards Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 Taurus SES and after I took a long road trip (300 miles) I stopped to get gas and noticed my oil pressure light was blinking, but it does not happen during normal driving. What can i do to stop this "IDIOT LIGHT".
  • alcanalcan Posts: 2,550
    170-202 ft. lbs.
  • junk1junk1 Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Sable and the fan is stuck on low. Replaced the thermal limiting resistor and fan speed switch and neither solved the problem. I can turn the AC switch on and I have slight air flow thats cold but no speed even on vent or heat. Any other solutions?
  • rufus7rufus7 Posts: 3
    I replaced the Turn signal switch and checked the fuses. I aslo replaced the flasher for the Hazards is this the same flasher unit or is there another one for the blinkers, if so where is it?

thanx rufus7
  • rufus7rufus7 Posts: 3
    Did you ever find it because I am ooking for mine.

Thanks rufus7
  • ilenemacilenemac Posts: 2
    My Dad has a 1997 Olds Cutlass. Lately, when he gets in to start it, it somehow triggers the anti-theft device (it must think he is trying to hotwire it or something) and it will not allow him to start it. He has to sit there and wait fifteen minutes until the system is reset. He is 87 years old and this really worries me. He has taken it to the dealer, as well as a private repair facility. No one seems to know what to do. Can he just have the system disabled? :confuse:
  • lyneman2lyneman2 Posts: 33
    no i read it on hear and tried my heater and it ..... well it didnt work at like 75 here outside noinetheless please tell me what you think??????
  • masonmimasonmi Posts: 148
    Is it normal to see vapors or smoke come out of the engine oil stick after driving at highway speeds? I have a 2005 Taurus that I had noticed this on with the 3.0 Flex Fuel Engine, would I need to change over to synthetic oil?
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    That's nothing to worry about - Ford uses a synthetic blend oil at the factory, and dealerships. But any good oil will work fine. Change if you wish, and the smoke will go away, synthetic oil doesn't smoke.
  • masonmimasonmi Posts: 148
    Would it be best to change to a Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 ? If so what grade would you recommend?