Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda 626 Electrical Issues

2»

Comments

• antonvsantonvs Posts: 1
    i have the same probleme did you solve the probleme and what whas the fault please help
  • I went to advanced auto parts and looked in the book for MAZDA 626 and looked up the ground wire colors in the headlight area. Once i found the ground, I tapped into the ground anbd made another connection to ground on my own. I suggest that you find the ground side of whatever is not working properly and tap into it and touch ground with it and see if that fixes it. GOOD LUCK, Bill
  • mazda626atxmazda626atx Posts: 227
    Hi Guys,
    Its been a long trouble free time since my last post here. My wifes 94 626 LXA ATX Air Bag started lighting up last month. It flashes then stops then flashes again. Never stays on solidly.
    Car has 88K miles on it and is in Athens Greece.
    I cleared the codes with the battery disconnect step on brake pedal for 10 seconds trick. This stopeed it from flashing for a day and I
    Brought it to a Mazda guy who tried to run diagnostics on it and it showed no codes.

It was not flashing when I brought it, and now 2days leter its flashing like crazy. He asked me if the I4 is a FS V or FS1 I did not know the answer. The 93 is a Ford EEC IV ignition so I dont think he will ever get any codes.

Unless the airbags are different from the OBD 1 system the only way I ever got codes in 10 years is the OBD1 jumping wire technique, and reading check engine light pulses

Any ideas ?
    Does anyone know what the 1993 626 LXA I 4 engine is . Here is Vin if that will help
    1YVGE22C2 R5204361

He said when light flashes that means airbag will not open. I am afraid it will open when wife is driving it . Is he correct ?

My wifes uncle said that flashing light means a sevice reminder based on age/mileage and mazda can reset it . I thought the battery disconnect would do it but its back so is there any way to reset it , or is it defective for real
    Thanks
  • somehow my mazda 626 (1996) air bag light turned on and after consulting many electricians and their diagnoses, could not turned off the light. can someone help me that what to do.
  • I got a 2000 626 lx 2.0 4 cylinder. Last week i was driving down the road and got a battery light on and when i looked under the hood I seen my wire from the positive to the fuse panel on the fire wall came loose and was almost out. I re attached the wire and drove to school that night and then all of a sudden coming home from school the light came on again and I was at about 45 mph coming down the road when i lost all power to my car I coasted to then nearest parking lot and seen the wire was still connected nice and tight. I was able to get the car jumped the next day to get the car home. I took out the alternator and had it tested and it came back as passing 3 times on a variable speed tester. I replaced the ground and positive battery cables in the process case there was a bad spot in the cables. My car is still not working and I checked the battery it is good also. Could the voltage regualtor in the Alternator be faulty? or do I have some other unforseen problem?
  • FIRST THING TO TRY IS PUT A HEAVY GROUND WIRE FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK TO THE VEHICLE BODY, FIRST. IF THAT DOESN'T FIX IT, THEN START PUTTING GROUNDS FROM EVERY DEVICE TO THE BODY. GO TO THE HEADLITE GROUND WIRE AT THE HEADLITE AND GROUND IT TO THE BODY, ETC FOR EVERY DEVICE TILL U FIND THE RIGHT ONE.
    SORRY ABOUT THE WORK INVOLVED, BUT THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES TO FIX IT.
    A QUICKER ANSWER IS TO SELL IT OFF. THAT IS WHAT I DID WITH MINE.
  • saperlipopepsaperlipopep Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    My 2000 Mazda 626 is pissing me off. After the starting once a wile issue, now it's parked because the ignition burns every time i tried to start the car. Flames and smoke from the left side end of the ignition cylinder,(the yellow plastic ring is melting ).
    I don't know if there is a co-relation between the miss-tarting before and the burning i have now. What can be the problem and how to fix ?
    Thanks
  • cobra96cobra96 Posts: 1
    did you find the issue and what to do? my car has same issue, cranks over and over no go, i have fuel preasure, all fuses are fine, no spark, but all plugs are good, leads good, got 3 coil packs, all cheacked and work just not on car,

car worked fine then didnt anymore, it started then died out , would not restart til that evening, then died out again, within 15 20 seconds , then wil just not go again
  • Turned out it was my alternator. Inside the alternator there is a built in voltage regulator and it was an intermitent problem so after replacing the alternator It worked perfectly.
2»