Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey vs. Hyundai Entourage vs. Kia Sedona vs. Toyota Sienna

Comments

• I have been offered a 2007 Entrouge Limited with Entertainment package for 30,500 with 0% for 60 months. I thinks this beats in price with Odessey EXL for same features.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, sounds like a great price.

IIRC those ended up costing around $23k or so when I was shopping back in May. So you got a pretty significant $3500 discount and it's barely broken in.

When I reviewed the similar Kia model, my conclusion was that at under $20k they need no excuses whatsever. For that price, wow, you got a lot of van.

Residuals are not strong but in this case that helped you.

A new Ody EX may be $24k, but a used one is ... probably about $24k! There's no point buying semi-new.

Congrats again.
    I think you can do better.

Again, this was a while ago, but I saw Limiteds in the $25s.

I realize you have to add a few options, but shop around, I think you can get what you want for $27-28k.

Shop at fitzmall.com, for instance.
  • egkoregkor Posts: 24
    According to Sams Club Auto Buying site for our zip code:

$27123 Base Invoice, Entourage Limited
    $2002 Invoice, Entertainment Package
    $700 Destination
    ------------
    $29825 Total invoice

-$2000 Factory Rebate
    -------------
    $27825 Should be your "net" pricing for this van

(Of course, Less is Better!)

-Gary K
    My previous post data is for a model year 2007 Entourage.

-Gary K
    That's more like it, right around where I saw pricing back in May.
  • The dealer is willing to negotiate the price on 2007 Entrouge Limited with DVD, he says the manager wants the vehicle sold before new year and will be willing to pay me to buy this vehicle. Let me know what should be my offer to make a deal, as after the new year the vehicle is going to loose value.
    That's more like it, right around where I saw pricing back in May.

If that is the pricing you saw in May '07 then it should be even lower than that now at end of calendar year '07.

-Gary K
    will be willing to pay me to buy this vehicle

That's just nonsense. In fact that actually raises several red flags for me. It's bogus and even unethical for them to say that.

I'd be looking for another dealer. :mad:
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Consumer Reports predicted reliability is WORTHLESS. :lemon:
  • vizviz Posts: 50
    I need help in deciding :

- I am getting Ody EX 08 for 399(tax incl) for 36m/15k miles/ zero down (no even 1st month payment)...Is it good?

I am debating whether I should spend that kind of money or go for TC /Dodge caravan 08 models for a 27 month lease. What is the competitive rate for leasing those minivans?
    I have not driven them but their reliability seems to be an issue; we drive 70 miles a day and we live in NE ohio where winters are sometimes little bit harsh. We dont have much leeway at work and hence reliability and maint...

Thanks!
  • To anyone thinking of buying Odyssey! Check out the Odyssey Transmission Issue Forum first.

All Odyssey models from 99, 2000,2001,2003,2004,2005,2006, 20007 have faulty transmissions.

2008 - 100% chance

check the facts!
    Dont make the same mistake....
    100% yeah right...

My cousin's 2002 is on its original transmission.

Your data is the lemon here. :lemon:
  • How many miles? my original transmission lasted 60,000. My officemate is not as lucky got same 2002 and tranny went at 44,000 miles..coincidence?

not only odysseys...

This is a fact. 1,099,976 Odyssey 2002 are on transmission recall. See NHSTA report:
    Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
    ACURA / 3.2CL 2001-2003

ACURA / 3.2TL 2000-2004

ACURA / MDX 2001-2002

HONDA / ACCORD 2003-2004

HONDA / ODYSSEY 2002-2004

HONDA / PILOT 2003-2004

Recall Number: 04V176000
    Summary:
    ON SOME MINI VANS, SPORT UTILITY AND PASSENGER VEHICLES, CERTAIN OPERATING CONDITIONS CAN RESULT IN HEAT BUILD-UP BETWEEN THE COUNTERSHAFT AND SECONDARY SHAFT SECOND GEARS IN THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, EVENTUALLY LEADING TO GEAR TOOTH CHIPPING OR GEAR BREAKAGE.
    Consequence:
    GEAR FAILURE COULD RESULT IN TRANSMISSION LOCKUP, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
    Remedy:
    ON VEHICLES WITH 15,000 MILES OR LESS, THE DEALER WILL UPDATE THE TRANSMISSION WITH A SIMPLE REVISION TO THE OIL COOLER RETURN LINE TO INCREASE LUBRICATION TO THE SECOND GEAR. ON VEHICLES WITH MORE THAN 15,000 MILES, THE DEALER WILL INSPECT THE TRANSMISSION TO IDENTIFY GEARS THAT HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED DISCOLORATION DUE TO OVERHEATING. IF DISCOLORATION EXISTS, THE TRANSMISSION WILL BE REPLACED IF DISCOLORATION IS NOT PRESENT, THE DEALER WILL PERFORM THE REVISION TO THE OIL COOLER RETURN LINE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 21, 2004, FOR PILOT, ODYSSEY, AND MDX OWNERS. OWNERS OF THE ACCORD VEHICLES WILL START RECEIVING LETTERS ON JUNE 28, 2004, AND ON JUNE 29, 2004, FOR OWNERS OF THE TL AND CL VEHICLES. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009 OR ACURA AT 1-800-382-2238.
    Notes:
    HONDA RECALL NOS. P30 (ODYSSEY AND PILOT), P31 (MDX), P38 (ACCORD) AND P39 (ACURA). CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION¿S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-423

Just be a couple more miles on your cousin's ...
    Recall is not the same as failure.

Read your own post, "ON SOME MINI VANS".

SOME is not equal to 100%.

Also, that covers up to 2004, but you said it was 100% all the way up to 2008, which is incorrect.

Your post is false, plain and simple.

Even though this is old news, you could provide useful information to some folks if you were accurate.
  • Don't get me wrong. I own 3 hondas. I'm not bashing the entire Honda empire. I just want Honda to be responsible and correct the situation. Odyssey transmission problems began on 99 models and up to 2006 - see the Odyssey Transmission Issues forum. Its almost a decade of neglect!

The sad thing is the way they are rectifying the problem. I worked in a Japanese company for 11 years and this is simply unacceptable. We solved problems in a pro-active manner not reactively.
    I'm not getting you wrong.

Your post was sensationalist and, more importantly, factually inaccurate.

Why do you say 100% of the 2008 transmissions are bad, then acknowledge only models up to 2006 were affected?
  • I said 100% chance.

Everyone is free to choose which car to buy. Just do some research before buying. There are lots of car reviews like msnauto, yahooauto and once you see a common problem then run- not walk away from that model !....a little too late for a lot of eager buyers...
  • I want to add that I had some awareness of the ody trans problem when I bought mine.

But having good experience with my other hondas made me shrug of the issue and blindedly went ahead.

I don't believe in Honda Quality anymore.
  • lionslions Posts: 20
    We have a 1999 Honda ODI LX with 123,932 miles on same tranny no problems. Only problem we have are the front coil springs we are on our third spring they keep breaking?? Dealer doesn't know why? :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.