Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feel Conflicted about Car Purchase? Consider Readers' Advice

2»

Comments

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,991
    Welcome to the Forum,
    If you can buy the Rabbit Diesel in Canada, go for it. That will be at least 30% better mileage than the other two. If I remember correctly diesel is less expensive in Canada. The diesel is fun to drive with all that low end torque. This providing you have a decent dealer. Mine here is great.
  • canadaguycanadaguy Posts: 4
    Thanks, but here in Canada, the diesel Rabbit come out in 2008 or 2009 (I can't remember exactly when) Either way, my current car won't hold up...as much I would like it to :)
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,201
    What's your current ride?
  • canadaguycanadaguy Posts: 4
    :mad: A 1998 Mazda Protege

It has spent quite a bit of time in the shop. The check engine light has been on/off for the past three years. Don't worry though, cuz it's been on steady for the past year. Local dealership could not figure out what the problem was until last fall. Essentially, the repairs are more than the car is worth.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,346
    Until you said that I was all set to put you into a Mazda 3. More fun than your average bear in that class of car.

I personally find the Civic dashboard a little annoying and I can't see where the front of the car is from the drivers seat (that could be a being short thing).
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    I can get this car for $43.5K which is Edmunds TMV and can finance it for 60 mo 0%. My current car is paid for, in excellent condition, and has 65.5K on the clock.

Should I go for it?

Glad you decided to wait lemko. ;) If you want to trade off your 02' Seville STS pal atleast drive the new 08' CTS. You also could find some very nice lightly used Caddy STS's. :shades: The 08' CTS, would be the way I'd go as you get a lot of car for the money. Maybe a CTS, might be worth the wait ? ;)

-Rocky
  • bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    The CTS is one of those cars that is big on the outside and small on the inside. I don't why GM (and other automakers) think they need to put Dreadnought-class dashboards and center stacks in their cars. All the dashboard has to do these days is cover up the airbags, crash bar, and air ducts. The smart fortwo is roomier than any Cadillac, and the minimalist dash is part of that feeling of openness.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    LOL, the smart fortwo, roomier ? Whatever bumpy :D

-Rocky
2»
This discussion has been closed.