Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

500,000 Mile Accord

2»

Comments

• tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    I can safely say that neither my 95 Accord at over 220k or my 06 has ever left me stranded on the side of the road. Uh, I can also say that I've never made stops like your friend in the video either.
    ·
  • rsoloriorsolorio Posts: 30
    If you're driving a Honda and stop on the road have a look over your shoulder for me and my camera.

Roy
    ·
    Need a Moon and Back fix? Episode 8, is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXSqazfWrQ
    ·
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Ohhh, ouch. That hurts.

Did I hear you say 410,000 miles at some point?
    ·
    410,000 miles. That's when the hose blew and I had to drop in a rebuilt motor. Ouch is an acurate expression.

Roy
    ·
    Oh, I thought it happened in between 496k and 497k!
    ·
    Yeah I'm get that a lot. People have asked if I had the original motor so in order to have full disclosure I decided to present the history of the car. The "incident" happened 3 years ago, but it does add to the stories concerning the car, but not in a chronological way. had to tell the story, sorry about the confusion.
    ·
    Here's the latest offering on my way to 500,000 miles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TcwNerncFs

Thanks for watching

Roy
    ·
    Now, Roy... we know you like to speed a bit so get those seatbelts replaced. I know you have lasted over 498K, but we want you around for the last 2000!
    ·
    MAybe some duct tape would do the trick :sick:
    ·
    Eh, that's one thing I would'nt wait on fixing right. Enjoyed this installment, as always!
    ·
  • So what could get in the way of making it to 500,000?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDpFZlo-ag
    ·
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,897
    I loved that homage to that classic Tubes song from 1975! Hilarious!
    ·
  • Doing the parody was a bigger task than I had intended. Took many hours to do on a schedule of few. But It's been part of the scheme so I had to complete it. Glad you liked it.

Roy
    ·
    Just when I was getting ready to offer a hearty congrats! You make me wait... I'll make you wait. ;)
    ·
  • And it's going to be a wait, I'm afraid. The last one will take some doing to produce. Couple that with a very heavy work load and a vacation for a week and we're talking 3 to 4 weeks. Sorry...

Roy
    ·
    No problem... we all know what that odometer really says by now. :)
    ·
  • Hi all you Moon and Backers,

Need a break from all the election tension? Then you need a Moon and Back fix my friend. Remember last time I spoiled the end of the great 500,000 mile roll when the battery died just at that most critical moment? Well, I’ve been able, through the amazing technical prowess of my friends at Lumeralis Digital, turn a disaster into... well another sort of disaster ready to assault your eyes and ears. So sit back and try and enjoy the last installment of the Moon and Back Chronicles vol. 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJkuqDkGgc
    ·
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Cool video, and a great car. Nice to see someone getting the full use out of their Accord. Were you ever tempted to sell or trade it?
    ·
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    If I remember correctly, this is a replacement engine, correct?

Is the transmission original? and is it a manual or automatic?
    ·
    Wow... 3-4 weeks turned into a year!! I've been waiting on the edge of my seat all this time. :sick:

Congrats! Finally. Great video, BTW. :shades:
    ·
  • No I never did. I'm cheap that way I guess. My next car will be the S2000, but first things first, Honda has to give it to me. Yeah right. They want folks to buy cars every 5 years not drive them for 21.

Roy
    ·
  • Time did fly, sorry it took so long. Now you can sit back cuz the edge of your seat is getting kind of ratty looking.

Roy
    ·
2»
This discussion has been closed.
500,000 Mile Accord - Page 2 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com