Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Brake Problems

Comments

• gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    You knocked your sensor out of wack, set the gap same as the other side.
  • how do i go.about setting them the same.
    It's mounted on a bracket, bend bracket.
    At one time there was a TSB on the sensor, rust under the bracket it threw out of line.
  • ok thanks for the help.
  • My abs light keeps coming on, and when it's on the abs brakes don't work . A mechanic replaced the pump with a used one ,same thing happing . He thinks used pump had same problem . Has anyone had this problem ? I think it's a relay or something that would malfunction when it get warm .Any help would be great !
    google for aftermarket rebuilders, I know there are some.
  • try bleeding the brakes
  • Thought it was a great post.
  • Thought it was a great post.
  • dickaloodickaloo Posts: 2
    as I slow down and am braking everything is OK until I get to about 5 mph then there is a vibration in the brake pedal and the truck pulls to the left. As I get close to stopping completely, it then stops and normal braking resumes. I pulled the ABS fuse and now it doesn't do it but I guess I don't have ABS now. I am guessing a sensor or the motor on the ABS...not really sure. Any Ideas out there? Bob
    There a TSB on it. Check your front wheel sensors for corrosion under the mounting bracket.
    Basically remove the bracket sensor mount, remove corrosion, apply light coat of grease and reinstall.
  • dickaloodickaloo Posts: 2
    thanks I'll give that a try.
  • 2000 S10 ABS PROBLEM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AS [DICKALOO]ONLY AT 10 MILES AN HOUR AND NOT AS OFTEN IN THE RAIN?DID THIS LIGHT GREASE AND CLEANING SOLVE THE PROBLEM??????
  • 98 s-10 ext cab 2.2 2wdrive.I have a bad noise when you get down to 10mph or less put all new brakes on and still does trhis please help took to dealer spent 900.00 and they are clueless
  • geronamegeroname Posts: 1
    98 Chevy s10
    Some times when I go to hit the breaks. The Pedal will not go down, I have to jam it in or release and reapply to get them to work. It does not have a pattern when it does it. It has happened when im stopping in traffic or as I’m hitting the breaks and hit a bump or as I’m stopping at a light. Some time it feels like it pulls to the left and there is a vibration in the upper left of my dash you can hear it, sounds like where the booster is. AS it is happening I feel it grabbing a little and grinding but it just doesn’t want to go down like it is being held up. I have replaced both calipers already. Any thoughts?
  • pbaranellopbaranello Posts: 36
    The vibration or rattle noise is the ABS unit and on this truck if it is working properly you should not feel it or hear it.

The other problem where the pedal is hard to push down is the Master Cylinder.

I do not remember if both the ABS and Master are the same unit but if you have not solved this problem Get It Done ASAP.

Soon you will find that the pedal will go from hard to push to going right to the floor which means no brakes..........................
  • I am new to forum but need some help. I am working on a 94 sonoma that has been setting for about 3 yrs. When you push the brake pedal it goes to to its normal stopping point then slowly goes to the floor. I bled the brakes, put on a new master cylinder with no change. There are no leaks and no loss of fluid. If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate the help. :(
  • life_life_ Posts: 1
    i have the same problem as some above mentioned only it grinds and pushes pedal back at me when i come to stop only, which results in a little roll instead of stopping but does stop. i can slow down with no problems unless im jamming the breaks to come to a sudden stop. i have changed the front brake pads and also checked the rear drums, all is good, only thing i can think of is ABS going out, im going to try to pull the fuse and see if the problem persists. Any other advice is always welcome.
  • Check recalls... there have been two recalls on ABS system... one they replaced computer and one was a hose clamp.

my 1994 S10 has had the entire system replaced back to the wheel cylinders and my mechanic won't warrantee the work after the 3rd time my brakes went out. good luck!