Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Brake Problems

13»

Comments

• air in the line somewhere. bleed your brakes and it should go away. if it doesn't then take a real close look at your brake lines. look for any signs of swelling or leaks.
  • wrong post, sorry. easiest way i found was get a piece of wood just long enough to hold the brake pedal down after you pump it. they do however make hand held devices that claim to do the bleeding system all from the caliper. i have never personally used them however so i couldn't tell you how good/bad they are.
  • im having a problem when i start to break...the first 15-20 mins of driving when i start to slow down it feels like its "jumpy" the steering wheel starts to shake i dont have trouble stopping but this was a concern to me after driving for a while it doesnt do it..i noticed i had y ac or heat on and when i turned it off it helped...another problem im having is that my enginge feels "heavy kinda" like when im stopped it wont even roll back on a hill like it usually does and it stops if im trying to move forward a little bit..if this doesnt make a whole lot of sense i can try and explain it better
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 869
    Sounds like dragging brakes, better get it checked before you burn them up.
  • shopdog97shopdog97 Posts: 142
    I have a friend who has a '99 S-10 2.2 engine 2WD / auto trans. He says his ABS light is always on now and wonders if it might be a sensor issue. Where would this/these sensors be located? He told me in church Sunday that he knows the ABS unit is working as he had to make a hard stop as someone cut him off the other day and he felt the brake pedal pulse as it does when the unit is working correctly. Any help you can give us on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a wonderful day!
13»