Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• langjielangjie Posts: 247
    just do your taxes and fill out one of the forms, i forget which one
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    it's great to see people lining up to buy hybrid these days - but seeing how demand is beginning to outstrip supply I see prices getting closer and closer to MSRP.

makes me wonder how long it will take for supply to surpass demand. or will they keep the supply side tight?

with that said you can see why the "big" three are in a world of pain.
  • The rebate was last month.
    I found the car online as an advertised special.
    I prefer to not mention the dealer by name but it was in the Bay area.
  • hey thankyou so mutch for getting back to me and responding to my posting. Yea the bas Nah has alot of options did not realize how menny it had. that color combo is real nice so you really like it good luck it is a grate car keep on posting those grate deals.
  • was just wondering thanks for reading.
  • bobmagoobobmagoo Posts: 1
    Convenience package + moonroof - $26549 w/o rebate

The dealers around here who had that configuration all came in around the same price. The spread was like $200.
  • nice car thankyou so mutch for getting back to me nice color good luck with it it is a grate car thanks for reading Marco.
  • Picked up my new Sonoma Sunset/Charcoal Leather NAH last weekend. I had to drive to NJ for the purchase (Cherry Hill Nissan), I live in south central PA. The travel was the worst part of my buying experience, although it was well worth it.

I've been commuting 120 miles/day with it for the past week and a half and am loving it! 80/20 highway/city driving with ~36 mpg observed fuel consumption.

MSRP $33,500 with a $500 manufacturer rebate, $1,500 dealer discount, $500 PA state rebate, and of course the $2,350 fed tax credit. The dealer even threw in a bottle of touch-up paint.
  • esteveesteve Posts: 10
    After getting 11 dealer quotes in the LA/Ventura area (with some in San Diego and up in NoCal), I picked up an Altima Hybrid (Convenience, moonroof, moonroof visor, and kickplates) for $26526 after $500 rebate on August 2nd from Thousand Oaks Nissan. Another dealer was $225 less but couldn't get the color combo I wanted.

Averaging 35 mpg! :)
  • bbrimmerbbrimmer Posts: 32
    Have a dealer offer for a 08 NAH base with mats. It has 5500 miles demo so it's considered new and will qualify for tax credit. The dealer is offering it for $23K plus the rebate or 3.9% financing. Feedback?
    I can get a loaded with Tech. Package for $30,400 as well.
    Thanks
  • langjielangjie Posts: 247
    You should get them to extend the warranty of it and then it would be a good deal. You are basically getting the same discount as the tech package one, just with 5500 more miles
  • Picked up for 24.5K after .5K Rebate on Saturday Aug 23, 2.35K tax credit expected
    Winter Frost Pearl (White) paint has beautiful lustrous sheen
    Blond interior matches nicely with brown+tan dash+panels & wood finish trims
    Drove back 420 miles to SoCal (home.) Aprox 500 miles so far & more than a quarter tank remaining. Drives like a charm.
    Bottom Line- $1.2K below invoice (w/o tax credit) or 3.5K below invoice with tax credit. This worked out to be about $5K+ lower than comparable Camry Hybrid & no waiting! :D
  • nice grate Price Nice collor it is a grate car did you bye or leese dont think you said in your posting you will love this car for years to come good luck thanks for reading Marco.
  • marcogallo1986, thanks for your kind thoughts. So far we are happy with the performance.
    I bought it. Lease is not good because lessees cannot claim federal tax credit of $2,350.
    At first fill-up average came to 34.2 miles per gallon with 80% freeway driving & remaining surface with some hilly ups & downs.
  • kt24kt24 Posts: 1
    I am amazed to hear a positive review of this dealership. I tried to follow up on an online application and was repeatedly told they were too busy and then hung up on. This dealer is the complete opposite of what customer service should be.
  • My experience of above dealership has been very positive. I made a deal with them through phone/fax. I being 420 miles south, could not get there right away. They held the car for 4 days until I drove up north to drop my son off at CAL. When I reached there, the car was detailed & ready for pick up. They did not even try to sell any extended warranties. Both the sales guys and the finance/document guy I dealt with were very professional and friendly.

Before this I had a very negative experience with Cerritos Nissan around end of June. A salesman agreed to a deal on the phone. I drove to Cerritos from Calabasas on that Saturday. The sales guy was friendly and showed two cars and we picked one & test drove it. He confirmed the deal orally and started with paper-work. Then here comes the sales manager who started with telling me that he only had two base models until September and the best he could do was to give me 500 off MSRP. Of course, I was very angry and walked. Who wants to deal with an unethical & deceptive business?
  • sorry about that I am shore YOu said that in your posting that you baught it sorry about that. See using my screan reader missed that. anyway it is a grate car you are getting grate gas milage good luck with it and also I am so glad to hear that that dealer treated you real whell Marco.
  • im looking at buying the NAH, but am curious as to what this warming up the electric engine is about.
    is it on cold days only?
    does the remote have a start button so you can warm up the car before you go outside?
    can the oil be changed, etc by a regular tech with no hybrid exp. or should everything be one at a dealer?
    has anyone seen a red NAH?
    has anyone had to replace the electric engine, if so, how much was it?
  • No, it's not only on cold days. It happens every time you start the car and the coolant is below a certain temp. I wouldn't worry about it. It's good to be aware of what the blue light means and why the engine kicks on when you first start it up but I wouldn't let it effect your buying decision.

No, an oil change does not require a hybrid tech. It's just like any other car on the road. Drain the oil, change the filter, fill it with oil. The filter location is the same as the standard 2.5L Altima. The only difference is that you will need to use the right oil. Many are using 0W-20 Mobile 1 Synthetic that you can get at Walmart. The dealer will charge you a lot for a proper oil change with the synthetic. Your best bet is to do it yourself (keep receipts and notes on mileage). Next best is to bring your own oil to a mechanic. For everything else, it's probably best to stick to the dealer, especially during the warranty period.

Yes, I see a red NAH all the time in my garage. Once in a while I see it from the driver's seat when my wife lets me drive it. :)

I doubt anyone has had to replace the electric engine yet. The car is too new. If they did, it was probably defective and replaced under warranty. Most people are concerned with having to eventually replace the hybrid battery pack, not the actual electric engine.

Good luck in your search.