Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• emgremgr Posts: 109
    Read my responses from several weeks ago about what I decided to do.
  • langjielangjie Posts: 247
    kind of the wrong forum, but I'd probably go with the 07...there's only minor updates (like ABS standard) and that doesn't matter to you, it's standard on the SE anyways
    haha, that would be great, but would probably cost a pretty penny to add to the car

i used to hate traffic so badly when i'm driving on the pike...alas, i don't mind it as much anymore =D
  • hiwaymanhiwayman Posts: 98
    The Tech package here in SF area is very hard to find, for some reason. It seemed, when we were shopping, that the cars with the Convenience Package didn't really even exist except in the dealers' minds. The low-end NAHs were reasonably available. I do know that at the dealer we finally purchased from, we knew the salesman personally, and he called us to give us a heads up that 5 tech packages were on their way in. By the time we got to the dealer the next day, only two were left (fortunately, one was just exactly what we wanted, color-wise). They hadn't even hit the dealership computers, yet, and were already reserved with downpayments. Since then, or salesman has told us that they've looked all over the state for tech packages, and no one is willing to swap/sell them to his dealership because they go so fast, at such a good price (for the dealership). I know that dealerships will put ONE car in their ad at a good price, but I have yet to get there before the car is gone (maybe to the dealership owner's son-in-law? :shades: )
    That's excellent that you finally got your new car, without dents. In the days of unibody cars (no frame to speak of) one never knows what kind of damage is done when the body is hit. It may not show up for quite a long time, but tires start wearing weird, and handling might get dicey.
    The dealership sounds like an excellent one, and the deal is pretty darned good! We thought we were getting a helluva deal when we got 1000 over invoice. We had to do some arm-twisting to get that, here in NorCal. Anyone who reads this, and can afford it, should definitely get the Tech Package. It really adds a lot to the car's allure. The only thing annoying (which can be turned off) is the voice-guided navigation. I started calling the female voice "Chatty Cathy" because she kept telling me to "keep left at the next freeway intersection". In the Bay Area, there are hundreds of freeway merges. She just wouldn't SHUT UP! The display is large enough that when it changes to guide you past a freeway merge, there's enough activity to attract your attention without Chatty Cathy pestering you. All the other stuff is very nice. Even the moonroof can be opened on the freeway, and, unless there's a bad crosswind or you're following a big, air-roiling truck, it's very quiet....
    Your experience is duplicated on the East Coast as well. Matter of fact, many dealers complain that the West Coast dealers are getting all the tech packages. Go figure.

I am not sure who I believe anymore but I do know there is a definite projection problem at Nissan in figuring what they should produce for sale.
    i think they had issues with the navigation system, that's why it took so long for them to come out...i was the first person to buy a tech packaged hybrid at the dealership, and that wasn't until april when the dealership had base ones in january
    It may very well be that a lot of Tech Packages came to the west, since there's a lot of people out here (the LA greater basin has almost 22 million people in it alone!). My guess is (I have absolutely NO empirical evidence on this) that Nissan got caught with their manufacturing pants down. It's well known that Nissan was less than enthusiastic about the whole hybrid scene, which is one of the reasons they used Toyota technologies instead of coming up with their own. I think it just comes down to the fact that they just didn't make many NAHs, and of those, they didn't make enough Tech Packages. I talked to a friend here in the North Bay (that's the area north of San Francisco) the other day. He wants a NAH Tech, too. No 2007's to be had, at any price, in our area. He put money down on a 2008 NAH Tech (refundable deposit) without knowing the price of the car. He's been told that the cars will start coming in "sometime in late September/early October", but hasn't been given an exact delivery date. So, he's waiting on a car that he doesn't know the price of, and doesn't know when he's going to get it.....sounds like what you Easterners have been talking about. It seems to be a nationwide supply/demand problem. I be they're working their butts off in Kentucky right now! :D
  • Yes it may not seem like a big thing but my wife insists that any car I get have rear cup holders and the hch for one does not. Can someone out there let me know as I am in Texas and would hate to make a trip for nothing. Thanks
    You have it dead on. East and West. I am still waiting to hear on the delivery on the 08. I put my deposit down on June 12th.
    That's hilarious, man! I don't think I've ever heard of cup-holders in a car being a deal breaker before.... But yes, the NAH DOES have rear-seat cup holders. They are in the center, fold-down arm rest and in the door pockets (4 all together.
    yep, cupholders galore!!!!!
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,732
    "yep, cupholders galore!!!!!"

It's funny how times change. My daily driver is a 1987 Toyota FX, and there is not a SINGLE cup holder in the vehicle!
  • What is the warranty on the battery pack and does anybody have a clue on what next months incentives will be before I pull the trigger.Thanks
    Your latter question is the $24,000 question. From what I heard the batter warranty may depend on the state that you live in. I believe in NY State, Hybrid manufactures are obligated to warranty the hybrid parts for 180,00 miles. But I could be wrong in that figure.
  • I'm in the same boat, trying to decide whether to pull trigger now or wait. I would have to think the incentives after 9/4/07 would either stay the same or get better. Though at some point the 07 inventory dwindles. I am in no hurry, been researching/shopping for 2+ months now.
    Battery pack warranty varies from state-to-state. Check with your local dealer. A quick phone call will get you the info you need. I think most of the warranties are 150,000 miles or better.

The comment about cup holders appearing in late-model cars is interesting. Cup holders appeared. Ashtrays disappeared. Cigarette lighters did, too. So did vent windows. What's next? ;-). BTW, if my count is correct, between front and rear, there are 10 cup holders for 5 passengers. Four in the front center console, 2 in the rear center arm rest, and one in each of four doors. "Anyone need to stop for a bathroom break?!?!"
    i think it's ONLY 9...there's only 3 in the center console.

though the 3 are great, fits almost any cup!
  • Since the car is only sold in CA emission states and meets the government's AT/PZEV, the warranty is the same for all hybrids no matter where you have Nissan service it.

California Emission Performance - 180 months/150,000 miles

California Emission Defect - 180 months/150,000 miles

California Emission High Voltage Battery - 120 months/150,000 miles

Hybrid Electric(HEV)System - 96 months / 100,000 miles

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/altima_hybrid/2007/2007_Altima_Hybrid_WIB.- - pdf
    You're right. I checked later after writing the note. In the center console it's 3, with a couple of slots for coins or poker chips or cookies, depending upon what your needs are...