Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gl14534gl14534 Posts: 7
    The trade-in was a 2000 Maxima. I am relatively new in this area and not sure if it's a fair value. The dealer said that the price was lower here. But the Altima deal seemed excellent yesterday and for the entire Memorial Day weekend. The discount is up to $10K on a fully loaded Altima. Mine does not have the tech package, thus $9500 OFF. With the additional $2.3K tax credit, it's hard to pass this deal.
  • kgatworkkgatwork Posts: 16
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the response, I'm just curious if these deals involve dealer financing?

You are right about the 2.3k incentive, thats what sold me. :)
  • gl14534gl14534 Posts: 7
    Between $4000 Nissan cash back+$1000 bonus cash and 0% interest, I chose the cash. The interest at the dealer is 3.6% for 60 months.
  • chunglauchunglau Posts: 45
    Bought the base NAH with no options for $18,700 plus tax and license, in San Jose, California. The price is great, about $9K off list. However, the dealer charged tax on the discounted amount before factory rebate is applied, so in effect I paid tax on the rebate. Is that how they are supposed to do?
  • hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    Rebates are taxable in New York, seems that California must be the same.
  • muoimuoi Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can you tell me which Nissan's dealer in San Jose that you got this good price?
  • Bought our altima last week - after test driving the base model I was interested to see what the dealer had, And went walking with the salesman - he showed me the different trim options and then rushed by the hybrids. I started looking a little deeper and he let it slip that the Hybrid had a $4000 rebate instead of the base $1000. Add $500 for being a recent grad, and it was $1450 more out the door than the base model. $22500 OTD, and then the $2300 credit next year. Really great car at an excellent price.
  • giraldogiraldo Posts: 16
    picked up frost white hybrid with convenience sticker of 28,940 for 20,900 and the additional tax credit for net cost of 18550. What do you guys think?
  • bizibizi Posts: 17
    This is an excellent deal at this time. Where are you located?
    I bought it in boston area. Getting picked up tomorrow, can't wait.
  • degnan78degnan78 Posts: 4
    Which dealership in the Boston area? I'm thinking of getting one too!
    edited June 2010
    can you email me your contact info, and i'll forward it to my salesguy. that way i can take advantage of the referral program?
  • fidozoomfidozoom Posts: 1
    I would really like to buy an Altima Hybrid but it is not available in my state. I am considering an out of state purchase but probably can't pull it off before end of June (3 more days). Do you guys think the deal will last into July? The 4K incentive? How long has it been around for? and what is Nissan's history with incentives?

Thanks for helping!
  • hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    The 4K has been around for a while. I only got $3750 on my left-over 09 in April, when the 2010's only had $3000. I wouldn't expect the $4000 to go away any time soon. I should have waited ;)

A great site is truecar dot com. They show the pricing history.
  • bizibizi Posts: 17
    It seems that the rebate of $4000 or $3750 has been going on for a long time. Other dealer incentives come and go, however. June is not as good as May in pricing in California, although the rebate has been the same. We don't know if July is getting better or worse. The other factor is that 2011 model is coming out soon. We don't expect much change in that model, but a newer model year may make a difference in resale value.
  • fchenfchen Posts: 5
    I purchase one from CarsDirect.com since there are only 3 hybrid cars in San Diego now. They are navy and black which I think is too hot for SoCal.
    They found me on in Orange County, Here are the details.

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid Base 4dr Sedan
    MSRP: $ 27,630.00
    Invoice: $ 25,932.00
    CarsDirect Price: $ 21,482.00
    CarsDirect Price: $ 20,882.00 ---->I asked for a little bargain.
    Exterior Color: Ocean Gray Metallic
    Interior Color: Charcoal

OTD: 23,514

Not super cheap but I am happy with it. Going to pick up this weekend.
  • ndanndan Posts: 14
    Hi,
    If I get a brand new Nissan Altima Hybrid 2009 now, would i still be able to get the 2350 tax credit for hybrid vehicles? or does the federal tax credit apply to only 2010 nissan altima hybrids? for tax year 2010.
    Thanks
  • mrashy2004mrashy2004 Posts: 15
    Hi. I would like to get one also and you can get the referral bonus.

Please email me, I would love to buy one today.

ashy_73
    yhoo.com
  • onyx2005onyx2005 Posts: 5
    Yes, the tax credit is available of any "new, unregistered" hybrid, regardless of what year the vehicle is.
  • ndanndan Posts: 14
    thank you onyx