Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    NO NO NO!!!! do not pay MSRP for it!!!!
  • mwnewman2001mwnewman2001 Member Posts: 2
    was able to get a loaded Altima NAH (NAV, leather, sunroof) for invoice. (Attleboro MA) last week. Do NOT pay MSRP
  • seven20pseven20p Member Posts: 10
    i got mine in CT for 700 below

hybrid fully loaded,

dark slate / charcoal int
    moonroof / shield/ plates / mats / tech package.

$30000
    - incentives.

I took the 3.9 / wasnt eligable for 2.9 according to NMAC>

I could have gotten it cheaper in CA but shipping would have offset for NC>

If you wait you could get better deal with incentives but I was ready and my vehicle is on the frits so it made sense.

Streer clear of NJ dealers. They will rape you on fees . FYI.

I didnt find one single dealer in NJ that was upfront.

My dealer in CT said I will treat it as wholesale and fax you the contract for review.
    Its taking close to 30 days with financing and stuff, tags for out of state and all req before vehicle ready for departure to NC, but its worth it to get an NAH!!
  • bitterbuffalobitterbuffalo Member Posts: 6
    Well I'm calling around now... want Blue/Black with tech Package and Sunroof.
    Have gotten:
    From CA - $31,700 for Black w/o a sunroof
    From OR dealer (who has to get it from CA - 1000 miles) - $32,259 for a Black with sunroof.

It feels like this is more than others are paying, but I don't know how much of that has to do with the dealers having to go out of state to get this car (states are big out West!).
    I'd go for the OR dealer if you were comfortable with that price
  • gr8fuldavemdgr8fuldavemd Member Posts: 5
    can you post the name of the dealer in CT? Thanks.
    you may email me in my profile for additional info. thanks
    Hi There,

Not sure how to reply in your profile..

Thanks.

David
  • nmacmill01nmacmill01 Member Posts: 16
    MSRP was $31,225.00. With the $1250.00 rebate, I paid $27,000.00. Leather, Moon, Mats, Kick plates, and Connection package. Figured the tech package was a bit pricey compared to portable Navigation units.

Purchased from Vallejo Nissan, (Northern California).

-Neil

:shades:
    MSRP was $31,225.00. With the $1250.00 rebate, I paid $27,000.00. Leather, Moon, Mats, Kick plates, and Connection package. Figured the tech package was a bit pricey compared to portable Navigation units.

You should be able to get the same pricing.....

Purchased from Vallejo Nissan, (Northern California).
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Does the $27,000 include tax, license, docs and fees? Seems like a really good price. I wonder how much are the base NAH going for.
    Doc fees were $55.00
    CA Tax was $2335.00
    License + CA Fees were $256.00

Tax and CA License / Fees are not negotiable.... Ouch! :cry:
    I signed up for Consumer Reports pricing.... Well worth the $$. You can get pricing on one car for ~$9 and all you want for ~39. I used it to look at Honda's, Toyota's and finally Nissans
  • hiwaymanhiwayman Member Posts: 98
    Yup...that little orange light in the roof console isn't an indicator of the headlight condition. Thinking about it, don't you think that's an odd place for a status light? Considering how careful the Japanese are about ergonomics, a light like that would be placed on the instrumentation, right? It's so that you can see things in the dark car cabin at night. It comes on and goes out with the headlights, to be sure, but so do all the other illuminations...
  • emgremgr Member Posts: 109
    Your wrong ont he orange light. It is the status of the headlines being on and off. I agree it is an odd place for it but that is what it is. At least on my NAH with Tech pckg.

Easy to check if I am write. turn lights on by hand and off.
  • redwood2redwood2 Member Posts: 19
    This was my original question, and through trying the lights, at night, it seemed that the orange light in the console above your head and to the right was a headlight indicator. While it makes sense that it could be a light for a dark cabin, and goes on and off w/the headlight..... it doesn't illuminate enough to qualify even as a nightlight!

So, yes, it is not in a good place for a headlight indicator, but that's what it seems to be. Is someone else's orange light bright enough to light anything up?!

ah, mysteries of the Japanese car companies.
  • jsyarussjsyaruss Member Posts: 50
    Greetings all - I've been lurking a while trying to decide what car to get when my lease on my volvo S60R is up in about 2 months... I've decided on the Altima Hybrid, having driven the 2.5 at a local dealer and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I live in Southwestern PA so I can't get one locally. (Well, it's not unfortunate that I live here - I kinda like it...I just can't get the hybrid directly.) SO, I'm trying to learn all I can about the process for getting one at a distance.

I have seen that several of you have done this...So, I'm looking for any advice anybody might want to offer about the process. From what I understand, I can get my local dealer to bring me one (in which case i don't think I'd qualify for the cash back offer or financing deal) or I can just buy it long-distance.

Any thoughts or pitfalls to watch out for?

Oh yes, and using the Nissan website, I've found two dealers within a 5 hour drive of me who have the specific models I want. It seems as if people have found reasonable success negotiating over the phone or by the internet. Is that the way to go?

Thanks!
    JSY
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Before you buy a altima hybrid analyze your driving style and what do you drive most city or highway. Regardless of what people say in order to get high MPG in a hybrid you will have to change your driving style. I had a 2.5S cvt automatic rental for 2 days and drove over 200 miles. Its was mostly highway about 80% highway and 20% city. I got 33MPG. After the rebates and federal tax credit you still are paying a $2K premium for a altima hybrid. You could probably get a nicely loaded 2.5SL for the amount of money you will spend on a NAH. All I am saying is make sure you do your research. Hope this helps.
  • emgremgr Member Posts: 109
    Your closest point, if you live near Pittsburgh, would be Jamestown, New York. That is about 45 minutes from Erie. I did just that. write me if you want to discuss what I did and the process. I know they still have an 07 hybrid on the lot with connection pkg at a good price. That was a few weeks ago.
    Thanks emgr - would be happy to contact you offlist, but I'm afraid your email is listed as private in your profile. (At least, if I looked that up correctly.) Mine is available if you wouldn't mind sending me a note. Thanks much for your help!
    Thanks for the advice mazda6dude... I've given this quite a bit of thought and feel like I'm making the decision for the right reason. I'm not doing it to save money, in particular. It's more about the statement...the support of the concept. And, I'm willing to pay the premium. I recognize that I'll have to change my driving a bit... I've enjoyed my 300 horse Volvo, but for the next 3 years, I'll try something different.

And, I drove a Camry hybrid for a bit. Didn't excite me. If that's all I had to choose from, well, I might be continuing on with the Volvos (though when they discontinued the R, it ruined all my plans ;-()... The Altima that I drove was a much nicer driving experience. (The camry felt more like riding than driving... SO, it seems that the Altima may be exactly what i'm hoping for this time 'round).)

And who knows what'll come after that. This is why I'm a leaser - I love trying new cars and am willing to accept the cost premium that the choice brings...

Thanks again
    JSY
  • alexmacalexmac Member Posts: 1
    Is $21000 for new 2007 altima hybrid a good deal??
    base model no options
    thanks
  • lamsonnguyenlamsonnguyen Member Posts: 2
    Just pick up my Altima 2.5 SL with connection pkg for 23,200 + TTL, in Minneapolis.
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    David,

I believe seven20p posted his email addy in an earlier post (I'd repost it here myself but it's not my place to post others personal info). I'm in NC and am considering a NAH as well, but I'm concerned about the local dealer's ability to service the vehicle. Have any "out-of-state" NAH owners run into any servicing problems? What about having local dealers bring the car in for you?

Tom
    There wasn't a big change from 2007 to 2008 (none that I know of) so a 2007 should be fine. the price seems pretty good too so if that's all that you need (base options), I say you should go for it. btw, nissan upped the price for 2008
  • marks19marks19 Member Posts: 2
    What dealer in Minneapolis did you purchase from? How many additional hybrids did they have?
    Any particular saleperson?
    Thanks!
  • jmanaoisjmanaois Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my Altima Hybrid with tech and floormats + kick plates for $27499 before tax and license. Petaluma California from Northbay nissa. They are now advertising the same package on craigslist for $26999 (they are subtracting the $500 memorial day rebate). Here's their ad http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/688281536.html. They don't haggle they honor the price. This is still before the $2350 tax rebate so it was a great deal even when I bought it at $27499. Just wish I had waited til the weekend. But I wanted the Radiant Silver with the black interior and they had it in stock.

Please don't pay anything above this. I was contacting a closer dealer Serramonte Nissan and they called me back after I stopped by their showroom when they wouldn't budge under $28500. Now they say they would have beat the $27499 price by $1000. I told them, they should have given that to me when I was in the showroom so I'm not too pissed.
    North Bay is awesome. I almost purchased from there but there we two reasons I did not. They have many tech packages without the sunroof. Once you add that in its about 1600 more. And well if you want dark slate they didnt have any at the time last month or two, They definately want to unload what they have based on thier inventory. Once i added in shipping difference to NC between petaluma and CT it was a wash almost. I chose to deal with a dealer in CT that went 700 below invoice for a loaded hybrid with tech. But I absolutely would buy from North Bay. Class act on the west coast in the bay area.
  • junebug1junebug1 Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone get an extended warranty? Any online sources. For both my Toyota Solara Conv and Honda Ody you could find online deals for factory exteneded warranties. I'm still not able to find anything for the NAH.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • div_0305div_0305 Member Posts: 12
    It has the expected, but useless floormats--I always buy non-cloth ones as they're better suited for rain/snow/mud.

The price w/ the Memorial Day cash and Mfr. 1250 rebate is coming to 23800. This is in NJ. The only addition would be a $169 doc fee, plus my tax and tags for state of VA. The dealer's invoice price is about $600 more than Edmunds shows (including the freight/delivery). They said they are not artificially marking up the invoice and could not understand why Edmunds invoice list is so much lower. Thanks for any tips/guidance on whether this is a good price and if I should look elsewhere. NJ is the closest for me to drive to from VA, but for significantly more savings I'd drive further.

I should add that they are giving me a decent price on my trade-in (theoretically of course b/c they cannot make a firm offer until they see it IRL).
    Hey There,

I am still looking for a CT dealer for a tech package. Can you please post the dealer that you dealt with (I couldn't email you privately).

Thanks.
  • kaloisakaloisa Member Posts: 2
    What dealer in CT did you deal with?
  • kaloisakaloisa Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I have been doing a lot of research like all of you. My wife and I have decided to buy the hybrid and here is what we are getting. Tech pkg, floor mats and moon roof black with blond interior.

Our dealer that we always use in Manchester, CT is $1000 over invoice. I did hear back from Harte Nissan in Hartford and they will go $400 under invoice. Has anyone else dealt with any other dealerships in CT they they can recommend that will go below invoice? Has anyone dealt with Harte and if so, what was their experience?

Thanks, everyone here is very informative and helpful.
    a valid email is in my profile. thanks.

Im used to many of these forums having private message capabilities.

Anyways. just email me there. thanks
  • ops1ops1 Member Posts: 25
    I purchased an 08 NAH with Tech and Sunroof about 7 weeks ago from Bruce Bennet Nissan in Wilton, CT. I shopped the deal pretty hard by phone and email, and ultimately Bruce Bennet was the best out the door price (about $800 better than the next best offer I had). At the time they had more hybrids than any other dealer I dealt with, but they did not have the color/equipment mix I wanted (they got it within 3-4 days).

We love this car. After 2,500 miles, I have been averaging between 35-37 mpg with at least 60% of that being city driving.
    I've been calling around today and I'm having trouble finding anybody willing to do anything less than MSRP! I know a couple of weeks ago people were getting much better details, but at this point, the number of cars available has dropped dramatically in the last couple of weeks (based on the inventories available online). Any recent quotes that look better?
    Thanks!
    JSY
  • ecr72ecr72 Member Posts: 9
    We picked up a 2008 NAH on Sunday. Options are tech, moonroof, mats. We paid $30515 before the $1250 rebate & extra $500 Memorial Day rebate. This was at Future Nissan in Roseville, CA.

We also purchased the extended warranty. $1595 for the Gold Preferred, 84mo, 100K, $50 deductible.

I think we got a fair deal on the vehicle but may have paid too much for the warranty. Has anyone else been purchasing the extended warranty? What have you been paying and for what coverage?

Thanks,
    Ed
  • cephraimcephraim Member Posts: 31
    I think I was quoted $1300 for that warranty. The "invoice" cost on it is $915, according to Consumer Reports.
  • smodersmoder Member Posts: 13
    I am beginning to think I got a great deal. Paid 21795 for a base model with kickplates and mats 26075 sticker here in northern california. A dealer was advertising 21388 and I worked the local guy down. Getting 38 MPG mostly city. Good luck.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    that was a grate price you did real whell and it was not a left over 2007 good for you. and it is a real nice grate car good luck with it. thanks Marco.
  • lynchelynche Member Posts: 13
    Excellent deal, smoder! Han Lee's Hilltop Nissan in Richmond California was advertising $21,388 for a base model that had an MSRP of $26,075, but that was including a $500 rebate during Memorial Day weekend's Nissan National Tent Event. A week later, they were advertising one at $21,888; same MSRP so I think it might have been the same car. Don't know if anything was wrong with it; supposed to be new.
    Pleas if anyone has any idea when the Nah 2009 is cumming on to dealer Lots Pleas advize Thank you . And sorry guys My title like got cut off.
  • bkenedtbkenedt Member Posts: 3
    I decided to get the Altima Hybrid after learning of the Nissan incentives, $1250 , plus I was promised the extra $500 for the Memorial Day sale. I put a $300 deposit down and was told the vehicle ,was coming in on May 25th. When I inquired about the car, I was told the owner promised it to another dealership, and they tried to sell me a white one , fully loaded. I chose the blue Hybrid, was quoted a price for 24,500, and have a purchasing agreement. The salesman said there should be another sale coming soon, but I felt I was screwed over. I don't know if I should even bother contacting Nissan.
    If you put down a deposit and had identified a specific vehicle, price and delivery date, I'd say you were screwed over. Sounds like bait and switch. Talk to a consumer protection lawyer and ask if you have a case. It would really help your case if the dealer gave you a receipt for your deposit that gave all the details, e.g. negotiated price, identified the car (VIN or stock # would be ideal), which would allow you to argue you had a written contract notwithstanding that it wasn't on dealers form purchase agreement. If so, you could get the difference between the price you agreed, and the cost of the substitute.

Short of a lawsuit, file a complaint with your local BBB (Google BBB), complain to DMV which regulates dealers, and write a review on Edmonds dealer review. Name names as long as you stick to the facts.
    I Googled. One article said August 2008.
  • bkenedtbkenedt Member Posts: 3
    Actually, it was a form called "Vehicle Cash Purchase Agreement". The information for the car was for a 2008 Altima Hybrid, blue in color, with a price of $24,986 before the rebates. It was signed by the general manager , who stated I would qualify for the rebate of $1250 that Nissan was promoting till 6-2, and also he would give me the extra $500 for the Memorial tent sale. Are you saying that because it was a Purchase Agreement, I don't have a case? I was thinking of calling Nissan. I would take another hybrid, but would want the rebate price. Thanks for your help.
    thankyou Linche for the Heds up I will look on google Marco.
    Hey if You signed sum thing with the dealer ship You should get the same price and they will have to find the same color car. on a nother nah. if they wont onner the agreement that they rote up and had you sign get your Money back and go to a nother Nissan dealer Keep us updated thankyou Marco.
    Hello,

While reviewing my sales contract I noticed the odometer on the contract stated 2115. The car showed 52 miles on it when I purchased it new. Didn't think to check it on the day I picked it up :blush: . Should I be concerned, or was this just a clerical error?

Thanks
    shouldn't be a problem really. actually, it's even better to get a lower mileaged car.