Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 350 Extended Warranty

2»

Comments

• sanishsanish Posts: 66
    Bell Lexus, Phoenix, Arizona
  • I went to the site......got the lexus page to enter info....however it only gives you the option to choose a Toyota vehicle....no ES350 on the drop down menu.
    There is also no phone number to contact a live person (very unusual....questionable business practice).

Does anyone have any experience actually purchasing a warranty from these guys?
  • Called them (Bell Lexus). They are the highest I have found. Charging MSRP! for there warranties (or at least the one I was looking into).
    I do not see any benefit in calling these guys (actually a gal who gave me the quote).
  • gluckgluck Posts: 23
    Google Toyota of Greenfield, Massachusetts and extended warranty. The guy's name is Txxx (can't name him) He has sold tons of people prius warranties. From what I have heard it is the exact original warranty from Lexus or Toyota. I spoke to him. He even told me to look up the warranty on Lexus Financial for details and get back to him for questions.
  • I bought Lexus 7 year 100,000 miles Platinum Zero deductible for my 07 ES 350 for
    $1,375.00 from Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson Kansas
    found out last month when I bought ford warranty for my Fusion they are a Ford and Toyota Dealer ship they gave me a good deal then so I called back and bought for my ES 350 Jerry is very nice to work with
  • I also bought from Jerry (Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson Kansas). Process was quick and easy. Jerry is a very nice guy. He gave me the best price on a Platinum ($0 ded). 8 yr/100k warranty for my 2010 ES. Based on my positive experience....I would definately recommend giving Jerry a call.
  • msj09msj09 Posts: 31
    Well...HOW MUCH did he charge you?
  • $1,665 for 8yr / 100k $0 ded. Platinum. Received confirmation from Lexus Financial ( via. USPS) last week.
  • mynuacctmynuacct Posts: 21
    I just signed off on an 07 ES 350. The finance manager told me that I can only buy the new car Lexus warranty through them and now reading through the forum I realize that $1875 for 7 yrs/100k is about $500 bucks more. Couple of questions to you guys -
    1. Does anybody have the actual costs for used car warranties to compare against new car warranties? e.g. in my case first 3.5 years of a new car warranty are already gone. I see the new car warranty prices on lexus financial website but it doesn't list proces for used car warranties.
    2. Can I only buy the new car warranty from the dealer when I am buying the car or can I buy it before the 4 years 50k (as I am the second owner) form any dealer.
    The vehicle in question has about $31k miles.
    Any links/references in this regard will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Pari
  • dketchamdketcham Posts: 13
    From reading the posts on extended warranties, it sounds like there are differences in the warranties for new Lexus versus used or CPO. Here is what my dealer quoted me Saturday on my new 2010 ES:
    6 years/70,000 miles $1635
    7 years/75,000 miles $1990
    8 years/75,000 miles $2120
    I didn't pursue it with him because I wasn't sure I wanted to buy the warranty right away. The dealer said I can buy a warranty anytime before my factory warranty runs out. I'm guessing these are the list prices. I wasn't aware that different dealerships sold the same warranties at reduced prices. Has anyone gotten new Lexus extended warranty prices within the past 90 days and if so, what were they and where was the dealership?
  • lei1lei1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Hello,
    I need some advice. We just purchased a 2010 ES 350. We do have NAV. The dealer sold us the following:

7 year / 100k Extended Warranty: 2,732

5 year protection:
    Crystal Fusion (windshield) 1,056
    Ding Protection 1,129
    Paint protection 595

Lifetime:
    Chip protection 1,396

We are located in Washington State and plan to keep this car permanently. We did get 1.9% finance for 5 years but this all add's up.

I'm not sure if I should keep all this or cancel... Any advice is appreciated!
  • ansjoeansjoe Posts: 8
    Bill - what price did you pay for this 2010 ES 350 8y/100k warranty; I am looking for exactly the same.
  • ansjoeansjoe Posts: 8
    edited October 2010
    Just for fun:

See equation below:
    ax^i + by^j = z

where z=estimated quote for extended warranty
    x= # of years of coverage needed
    y= # of miles (in thousands) of coverage needed (125 for 125,000 miles)
    a= 4.025
    i=2.553
    b=5.615
    j=1.106
    ^=to the power of (i.e.: for 8 years it will be 8 raised to the power of 2.553)

Take a calculator and do the math above for your coverage
    if your dealer quotes you less than z then take it, else negotiate.

Hope this helps.
  • lt1234lt1234 Posts: 1
    you have to puy it before the 50,000 and the four year. i just got mine for 08 es350 7 years 100K fr 1375 from Jerry
  • How did you determine the below variables?

a= 4.025
    i=2.553
    b=5.615
    j=1.106
2»