Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Blazer Acceleration, Electrical or Fuel Problem

2»

Comments

• Hi, I drive a Jimmy and I started noticing that when I'm doing between 35 to 55 miles an hour the rpm's start to go wild. The muffler is making a weird sound too. can that be the issue? Any ideas anyone?
  • ok so heres the deal im doing some bassically charity work for some of the elderly in the communtiy yay for me right lol anywho so so thia truck was running ok but not well enough to pass emmisions so i gave it a tuneup adjusted the timing it was purring like a kitten the lady hits the highway to go have emmmisions done and boom it starts backfiring running rough all that good stuff so i ran the code it says ignition control module and o2 sensor i replaced them both started the trucki and it runs worse than when i started so as now im baffled i chexck the fuel pressure it say 58lbs and instantly dtrops and i mean drastically so i assume fuel pressure regulator wrong replaced it same prob any suggestions
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,917
    Still backfiring?

Try the Got a Quick, Technical Question discussion or Edmunds Answers.
  • My 99 Blazer miss when i crank it when it is cold, it usually fires right up but lately it has been getting harder to fire up. After it warms up it runs fine, i have noticed just before it shift into second and third gear it miss real bad but when it shift it runs fine. When it gets to normal temp it runs great. A scan shows that no. 4 cyl is missing, once it said multiple cyl were missing. It has new plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter, i have checked or replaced the egr,pcv,maf, checked for leaks at intake, tb. Help, i dont where to look next.
  • pjean64pjean64 Posts: 1
    Well actually the dash lights do come on but not without the dome light!! I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer, 4 dr.. if this helps.. Tried not turn the dial too far but didn't work. I've looked in manual but there's nothing. Help please
  • hihhih Posts: 1
    My tuck is a Blazer 2000 4.3L and has 120,000 km on the clock, it is in generally in good condition, the problem is that when the truck is cold, it doesn’t start. The only way I can start it is by adding petrol/gas directly into the carburetor. The other issue I have is the car is lacking power. When I drive at low revs these is no problem, however. At when I step on the accelerator, nothing happens. It is as if I didn’t do anything.
    Please help.
2»