Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Accent Engine Questions

2»

Comments

• mncarmncar Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2004 Accent with only 13k on the odometer.
    The maintenance schedule states the timing best needs to be replaced at four years or 60k miles. After just purchasing the car, it seems ridicules that I would have to change a timing belt on a car which has only 13k miles.
  • vlbrooksvlbrooks Posts: 4
    MY new 08 accent seems to tach very high although I am not yet very familiar with the car. I will cruise in 5th. and the tach will be at 3K. Doesnt this seem quite high for overdrive. Maybe these small engines are all this way? Any comments about your experiences? thanks vince
  • I am hoping some one knows the correct cold weather starting procedure (below 0) for a 2003 Hyundai accent? My grown daughter more often then not floods her accent everytime the temp drops below 0, then she calls me. I live 100 miles away, so it is tough for me to go rescue her. After a few hours of sitting, it always seems to start for her. I have had some cars where it was ok to hold the gas pedal part way down (but NOT pump) when it did not start without touching the pedal. Any advice I can pass along to my daughter would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks much...
  • Sounds like either your Crank Positioning Sensor or your Cam Shaft Sensor...

Both can come at a hefty price, I'd try the CPS first. Sometimes, the part will come with the manual to put it in - it's rather easy to do.

Eventually, if it is the CPS or the CSS, your car won't start anymore. It'll continue to crank but won't fire. Good luck!
  • fitdcfitdc Posts: 9
    Anybody have any pro/cons re various ram air intakes for the Accent?
  • 99accent99accent Posts: 232
    Pcv valve, accent, dohc
    96-02 $11.38

Pcv valve, accent, sohc
    96-02 $12.77 Which is the right pcv valve for my car
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    That depends on whether you have the SOHC engine or the DOHC engine.
    what does the SOHC MEAN AND THE DOHC ITS SOUNDS LIKE single overhead cam on one?
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    SOHC=single overhead cam
    DOHC=dual overhead cam

Probably labeled on the valve cover. I would suspect that most Accents were SOHC.
    in any case will the PVC be different from a SOHC as to a DOHC engine?
    in any case will the PVC be different from a SOHC as to a DOHC engine? to stephen987
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    in any case will the PVC be different from a SOHC as to a DOHC engine?

Possibly, but a quick check of a few online auto parts web sites only show the 1.5 ltr SOHC engine as a choice for the 99 Accent. I would hazard a guess that is the engine you have. Just to be safe, check the valve cover on the engine and look for SOHC or DOHC. Also, if you see something like 16V on the valve cover, that is a DOHC engine, but I would not expect to see that. YMMV. ;)
  • where is the plug for the computer diagnostic too?

thanks
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,926
    I have a 2001 Accent with the 1.6L motor. We've been getting a check engine lamp illumination for some time and there has obviously been an exhaust leak for the last year or so. It sounded like the leak was coming from the behind the heat shield that covers the O2 sensor. In three seconds an auto repair technician quickly pointed out that the manifold is cracked in the area around the O2 sensor. Apparently he's seen this before.

Anybody else have this problem and if so, what did it cost to have it repaired?

Thanks,
    Dusty
  • j_buchanan227j_buchanan227 Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    got my battery and everything else checked...everything is good....so why is my car dying?
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,695
    Your car is under warranty. Your best bet is to get thee to a Hyundai dealer and have them hook it up to their diagnostic machine and check it out. But a dying car can be due to reasons other than the car, e.g. bad gas.
  • The dealer found nothing wrong. but thanks any way
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,695
    Try another dealer, since that dealer seems to be incompetent.
  • My car is is having a misfire in cylinder one when I get on the throttle to aggressively. At first I attempted to change the fuel filter and throughout the searching for it never found it. We chased the line from rail to tank and even pulled the pump. So we read the computer and the misfire problem and an O2 sensor problem. I change the O2 sensor and no change was made so I have tried a new TPS, but that didn't solve the problem. Now I am wondering where I should look. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • i was driving and my timing belt broke in turn bending valve(s) in my #3 cylinder. any help would be greatly appreciated. videos are ideal
  • fred1967fred1967 Posts: 1
    Hello,
    i have a 2001 accent that recently started sputtering while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear?
    it hasnt left me stranded yet but if anyone knows what the cause of this is , please let me know.

Thanks
    Fred
  • sounds like heat sink in the starter, get a heat shield for the starter or a new starter
2»