Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Lumina Electrical/Lights

13»

Comments

• babylacbabylac Posts: 1
    I have to go backyard with you on this one. Since we know that the Lumina of any year is not going to bring in a good resell or trade value, I want to save you 54 dollars. Go to your nearest dollar store and grab a trash bag clip. I you cannot get one,use the tie that comes from opening a loaf of bread. First, push the wires into the turn signal column and verify that all the stop signal lights are illuminated. Next, tie and fasten the clip to the turn signal preferably closet to the steering column just below where the wires separate from the plastic guard. Make sure it is fastened very tightly. This will solve the dilemma for the lifetime of the vehicle. Mine has been working since I discovered the discrepancy. Try it if have not already replaced the whole unit.
  • msc698ccmsc698cc Posts: 1
    Its in the side of the dash on the passanger side,atleast in my 97 thats where it is. chevy is not known from changing much. :shades:
  • My headlights are not operating on my 1997 Chevy Lumina yet the bulbs and fuse are fine.

This occurred 6 months ago for one day and has been operating fine ever since.
    The problem reoccurred yesterday and I have no idea what else to check to rectify the problem.
    Please advise
    Thank-you
  • I know it's been a long time and you didn't get any replies on your problem, but I was wondering if you ever found a solution. My 93 Lumina is doing the same thing, but only with the right turn signal. If you have any possible solutions it would be awesome if you could let me know.

Thank You Very Much,
    Andy :)
  • i have a lumina same problem also though it was starter....found a relay behind glove box ,replaced same problem ,so i bi passed it bi hooking the two large wires together ,solved the problem ,just turn key and feel for the one that clicks
  • Can't afford another car so I have to revive this one, would appreciate any and all help as we are stumped.
    About two months ago if I let my car sit for >12 hours, the battery would be dead. Jumped it off a few times and then noticed considerable wear on serpentine belt, uneven, harsh wear. Replaced that. Replaced battery, which was under warranty and even paid to get better one. Car still died. Alternator or starter right-no it's not either of them and the battery is good too. Since the serpentine belt was replaced, the Tensioner started making that loose sound. Was told replace it and the harmonic balancer looked off, so I replaced the tensioner(sound is still there???), and harmonic balancer should be done later today. Today after having AAA come out and jump it yet again this morning I have A NEW CLUE!
    When I take key out of ignition, the ward chime(really irritating) still dings, can't make it go off now??????????????????????????
    so I disconnected the battery until I take it to mechanic later today.
    Anyone have Any Clue?????
    any help appreciated!!!!!
  • rafa63rafa63 Posts: 1
    My Father Has 1991 Chevy Lumina 3.1 litter. Two weeks ago this car stated stalling while driving on the road. The engine will crank up and will idle normally; it will even rev up OK. But once you take it out on the road, it will start to miss fire and stall. Wait a few minutes and it will crank up and run again, until one day it just will not start. After a few local mechanics (three of them), new spark plugs and wires, new ECM, new ignition coils, new fuel filter, fuel pump pressure test, and computer scan, the engine will not start up.
    To make this story short, I drove up to my Father’s house, a two hours drive; I checked the car and did what a friend of mine suggested. I cranked the engine three times, for 2 seconds each time. This procedure will reset all of the sensors and modules to the car computer. A few minutes later I cranked up the engine and eventually it stated up. I let idle till normal operating temperature. Doing nothing else, I stated moving the wires near and around the engine. There it was. The wires that are close to the engine, these wires run from the computer to near the fire wall, and connects to the ECM.
    I cleaned as many wires from oil and grease and used some elect wire tape, replaced most of the elect wire conduit with new ones and placed many wire tie wraps. The computer under the radiator water reservoir tank was missing two hold down bolts. After all was repair, the engine was crank up and stated. Drove the car the next day for about 20 miles, and it is running like new. These cars have many years on them, and most of the elect wires and connections are loose, dirty with oil and grease. A good inspection and test of the wires would give you a hint if there is a bad connection, or bad communication between sensors, modules and computer. I hope this helps….Rafael Ponce
  • Got a question for y'all. What exactly would cause a 98 Lumina without the key in the ignition or the doors open, for the door open chime to sound and the lights to continuously run.

13»