Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Electrical and Lighting Questions

2»

Comments

• bmwk75sbmwk75s Posts: 18
    I never had a problem before, but this morning the radio turned off 3 times in a 15 minute drive. :confuse:
  • rbright13rbright13 Posts: 10
    the button inside the door is probably bad , that's why the light is staying on . Also that's why , when you try to lock the doors they unlock again . If the key is in the ignition the doors will not lock . a safety switch runs off of the button on the door to keep you from locking your key inside the truck. if the door light doesn't go off , than you cant lock the doors , they will automatically unlock again .
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 1
    On a Toyota Tondra v8 4wd, can you turn off your head lights at night while you are still driving? One person has told me there is no way to turn the head lights off?
  • I am at the Toyota Dealership where I am paying $440 dollars to have motor for my left rear door lock replaced on my 2007 Toyota Tundra. That makes ALL FOUR LOCKS that I have replaced now. Not one person at Toyota thinks that it is odd that 100% of my auto lock motors have failed.

Is anyone else having a problem. This is my 2nd Tundra and probably my last.
  • :confuse:
    I've replaced the rear brake lights (both sides) twice now. Every two weeks, one bulb goes out, I replace, then the other side goes out, and this process continues. Obviously its not a problem with the bulbs at this point, so my mind is going toward either fuses, or possible shorts in the electrical system. Has anyone had this happen or anyone have an idea if I'm on the right track?

On another note, my dash lights are starting to go out... the AC/vent controls are dark, and now the low gas light has now gone out. I've found the process for replacement of bulbs behind the instrument panel, but not for the low gas bulb (I assume I'll have access to it during the replacement of bulbs behind the vent controls). Again, am I on the right track?

Other than this stuff, the truck is a beast and will never die! :shades:
  • jgf1960jgf1960 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I've had the power door actuators fail on my 2007 Tundra 9 times in the 5 years I've owned the vehicle.
    The 1st 8 failures were covered by my extended warranty and the 9th occured just 9 days after this warranty expired. I'm now facing the same $440.00 fee form the dealership to repair this door.
    I've contacted Toyota Corporate about this issue and was told there has been no recall regarding this issue so I was on my own. Understandable if this was the 1st failure, however, they never solved the problem to begin with.
    I'm going to continue to contact Toyota about this issue in the hope that I'll eventually talk to the correct customer service rep. willing to help.
    If I don't get the results I'm looking for, this will be my last Toyota of any model.
  • My 2007 Tundra has the same thing with the power door actuators(8 times). Have you had any luck with Toyota Corporate?? I contacted them, they told me they have not had anyone having this problem!
  • I have the same issue with my 2007 Toyota Tundra that is now out of warranty. I currently have two bad acuators on the back two doors. Have either of you had any luck with Toyota? Right now I am facing a $1000 bill to get them both fixed. Complete BS.
  • I have an '08 Tundra and the left turn signal arrow started blinking fast. I thought the front bulb was bad so I replaced both of them and now both right and left front are not working and both front right and left arrows blink fast. What next? Both back bulbs work but just go fast.
    HELP PLEASE
  • This has happened twice to us with our recently-purchased 2012 Tundra. Several weeks ago, the truck beeped and the doors locked while I was standing nearby (as if someone had hit the lock button on the key FOB). Today, my wife got locked out in the parking lot of the supermarket. Has anyone have this happen? We'll be bringing it in to the dealer, but would benefit from anyone's experience. Thanks.
  • belvettebelvette Posts: 13
    Have a 2000 Tundra Limited 4X4 that when the headlights are on the backup lights are also staying on. The backup lights seem to function correctly when the transmission is in reverse. Any idea what might cause this?
    Thanks in advance
2»