Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4.5L V8 Duramax diesel for 2010 1/2-ton GM trucks

rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,674
edited April 22 in Chevrolet
GM today announced news about their upcoming new Duramac diesel for their 2010 1/2-ton trucks and Hummer H2.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2935

Bob

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    I wonder if a even more powerful version will be available for the Denali trim Sierra/Yukon ?????
  • Hopefully they offer it in the sierra because we all know that the sierra is the gem of the GM truck line. Even if they do not offer a more powerful version the look of the sierra is so much better than the silverado anyways. I wonder how long after the debut will there be some aftermarket parts available for chevy and GMC i.e. exhaust, intake, and headers?
  • Headers don't typically come as part of the diesel upgrade package. I'm sure it could be done, but they would need to be much stronger and better insulating than gasoline-V8 headers. Turbo-back exhaust and intake are always big improvements.

IMHO, this is so better way to go than hybrid trucks and large SUVs.
  • phil53phil53 Posts: 54
    I wonder how the mileage will compare to the hybrid? The torque is obviously higher. And I suspect it will not have that lower air dam that restricts activity off-road. But, where I live, diesel is about 15 cents/gallon more expensive than regular gas. 25% better mileage should put it in the 15 - 21 mpg range.
This discussion has been closed.