Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Outback Satellite Radio Questions

2»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    edited March 2010
    I agree - this was their mistake so you should not have to pay labor for it.

Do you have it somewhere in writing that XM was supposed to be installed? Ask to speak to a manager. If the dealership is not responsive call 800-SUBARU3.
  • Did you purchase the xm tuner mod and have it installed. If so and where did you purchase it from? If So what is the part number?
  • I have seen detailed instructions on the installation of the XM module in the Outback. I lost the url due to a computer crash. Have anyone of you seen it? Looking for a source for the XM receiver module.
  • Has anyone figured out how to get the name of the song and artist to scroll on the radio read-out when using Sirius radio. It scrolls when in FM radio mode.
  • mnuge68mnuge68 Posts: 2
    I have the same exact problem. I had the radio replaced once and been on the phone with Sirius many, many times. I have not gotten and answer. It is very frustrating.

My Ipod touch scrolls and my FM scrolls, not the Sirius which I use the most!
  • mnuge68mnuge68 Posts: 2
    I have the same exact problem. I had the radio replaced once and been on the phone with Sirius many, many times. I have not gotten and answer. It is very frustrating.

My Ipod touch scrolls and my FM scrolls, not the Sirius which I use the most!
  • zenprofitzenprofit Posts: 12
    I have spent many useless hours on the phone and emailing the Customer "Service" team at Subaru US HQ. They are clueless. The problem lies with the cheap satellite tuner that was specified by Subaru to meet the absolute minimum Sirius XM requirements. These people couldn't care a rat's butt about our complaints. They have no plans to change it either.

YOSHIO HASUNUMA - Chairman of the Board, President, and Chief Executive Officer

THOMAS J. DOLL - Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer

TIMOTHY J. MAHONEY - Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

TIM COLBECK - Senior Vice President, Sales

Their email addresses follow this format:

firstname.lastname@subaru.com

Tell them that you have looked at Sirius in other comparable Japanese vehicles and they are all better and that you will never buy another Subaru again if they don't fix this. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • clarkkentclarkkent Posts: 154
    edited June 2012
    How can you tell if your Subaru has Sirius radio? My 07 has a button for sat. radio. but it does nothing

bought the car used. Prev. owner thought it has Sat. radio but he never used it.
  • Your 07 stereo may be set up for satellite radio, but you need a subscription for it. My 2012 Outback came with 3 or 4 months of free service, but after that I have to pay for it. If I don't, mine will also do nothing when I select it.

I think all, or most, vehicles set up for satellite radio have a short stubby antennae type thingy on the roof. It does not stick up very far.
2»