Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler LHS Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• Did you get the problem fixed?
  • Hi,
    There was a recall to fix the faulty o-rings on my 1995 LHS. Dealer did the fix 4 years ago. All was well for a while and now same problem has come back.
    Dealer says they will not fix it again since the recall was done. Apparently they are only allowed to do it once.
    Independent mechanic checked out the problem and says fuel rail and oring leaking..
    my questions is: should the dealer/chrysled corp. be help responsible to fix this issue again OR is once done all they are required to do.?

If you know the answer please help and post.

what other recourse do I have.? How do I contact Chrysler to request assistance.?

I am looking at a $500+ bill on this... thanks in advance.
  • Hi,
    There was a recall to fix the faulty o-rings on my 1995 LHS. Dealer did the fix 4 years ago. All was well for a while and now same problem has come back.
    Dealer says they will not fix it again since the recall was done. Apparently they are only allowed to do it once.
    Independent mechanic checked out the problem and says fuel rail and oring leaking..
    my questions is: should the dealer/chrysled corp. be help responsible to fix this issue again OR is once done all they are required to do.?

If you know the answer please help and post.

what other recourse do I have.? How do I contact Chrysler to request assistance.?

I am looking at a $500+ bill on this... thanks in advance.
  • just_me2just_me2 Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    the past few days my 95 lhs transmission has been acting crazy, day 1 I left the house and noticed that it was'nt changing gears, 'I thought it was 1st' but after it sat for a while and i would drive around the block i would feel it shift from low to 2nd but just stay there. my buddy checked it-fluid was fine, he tried driving it to 45mph and shifting to park then to drive but that did nothing, day 2 it drove just fine for many trips, then i felt a little jerking in the tranny then it went back to 2nd and just stayed there. day 3 same thing just fine for half the day, but on the freeway doing 70 it went into a neutral with no gears catching until my speed dropped to about 40 then it jerked and went back to 2nd.. i will change the fluids and filter when i get some dough.. any ideas if that does not help? thank you in advance.. sorry the note is so long.
  • grundosgrundos Posts: 2
    I purchased a 1994 Chrysler LHS that had not been driven for a few months. The seller said they had let it run for a while on the regular basis.

The problem...when I drive for ~10 miles in traffic, the car stalls at a stop. There is no sputtering or unusual signs. It simply turns off. This only happens when it has been at a stop for at least 10-15 seconds. It takes about an hour to start up again.

I've searched the forums for similar problems, but every other post i found has stated their car started up again with no issues.

I've only tried changing the fuel filter, as I'm not very handy with cars. I wanted to gather information to see if this was a problem I could fix myself, or if I'd be better off taking it somewhere.
  • I would try changing the throttle position switch and the Idle air control valve. I think one was 30 dollars and the other was 20. they are both easy to switch out. I had a similar problem with my LHS and that fixed it.
  • I have the same problem with my 94 LHS stalling out. It only does it when i am stopped at a light or sitting still for a few minutes. any ideas?
  • My LHS does the same thing. It seems to be happening more often when its cold outside. I found that if I pull over and shut the car off and restart the car then put it into gear, most of the time it is back to normal then.
    I have already changed the filter and the fluid ( which was pretty bad) but it still does the same thing mainly when it is cold.
  • just_me2just_me2 Posts: 3
    yeah, ive been doing something that works more often than not, as soon as it 'limps' i just throw it in neutral turn the key off, wait about 5-10 secs restart and put it back in gear.
    - DISCLAIMER -
    Do not attempt, I am a professional driver on a closed course. LOL
2»
This discussion has been closed.